1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is buying an adspace on a high trafficed website effective?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by e8j1osla, Jul 15, 2009.

I have a free anime video streaming website, right now i receive about 150+ visits a day and using cpalead as my main income stream earning about 5-7$ a day.

but i need more, is advertising on an anime forums such as these sites which ranks about 28,000 in alexa
    http://www.anime-planet.com
    http://www.animenation.net/forums

are they going to be effective? how much do you thing to adversite here for a month?

OR

my second option would be adwords, who do you think is going to be more effective?

your response would mean a gold mine to my sea of knowledge :D

e8j1osla, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  2. bestserviceforyou

bestserviceforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    I would rather just promote through facebook and myspace as much as you can. Post your games everywhere you can without spamming...
    Hope this helps.

bestserviceforyou, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  3. e8j1osla

e8j1osla Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanx, but its not a game website its an anime(cartoons) i need a way to boost my income if it takes anything i'll do it.

4. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    Are these legal to be streamed videos or ones just found on the net at places like megavideo?

theapparatus, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  5. e8j1osla

e8j1osla Active Member

Best Answers:
    its legal cause the videos are not hosted on my site they are from an external site like myspace, megavideo, veoh etc...

6. lo key

lo key Member

Best Answers:
    I would say start joining facebook groups etc pertaining to your specific topic (in this case, anime) and promote there. However, having extremely targeted ads on sites that are relevant to your niche are effective as well. I'd start with facebook,myspace and twitter. Then eventually move to ads if necessary.

lo key, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  7. Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way you'll know for sure is to plan what ad you want and just test a small budget on adwords or one of the main forums that you suggested or both, if your site is that good and highly targeted towards people who like anime and are searching for it, then that would be the best option!

I always test new adwords campaigns for one full day midnight to midnight, just to see if they was effective in bringing in traffic and any clicks or other end goals you needed to accomplish.

However, being the money saver that I am, if you say that these anime forums rank roughly 28,000 in the Alexa rankings, then it would be worth promoting your forum posts and actually get stuck in helping people with your anime knowledge based on your site, the signature people will surely follow, so always keep free options in mind to save your ad budgets for any seasonal traffic opportunities.

Wayne Tully, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  8. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    One board I saw had only a couple of hundred visitors. Look down on the bottom.

Granted, that is just for that period of time, and there are more who visit throughout the day and night, but still....

That is not even close to the kind of traffic you want to be hitting.

You will get, maybe, a visitor or two a day, if that. You want hundreds.

No, as an experienced advertiser, I wouldn't even give such sites a second look. Unless they sell me space for, say, 5 bucks a month.

Adwords, of course, would be more effective, but, their rates are so high, and you have just a tiny little ad. On top of that, why would you advertise with so many competitors all around you???

copper12, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  9. xBHx

xBHx Banned

Best Answers:
    Adwords is your answer...

xBHx, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  10. e8j1osla

e8j1osla Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey everyone thanx for the reply i will take each and everyone's advice seriously, i will carefully try to create a battle plan that works.

copper12
    actually i don't plan on advertising for a long time, its just for the meantime since my site is not yet ranked first in SE's. while i'm building backlinks i'll advertise so the traffic will be flowing steadily.

e8j1osla, Jul 16, 2009 IP