1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why is it always IE....

Discussion in 'CSS' started by eon, Jul 14, 2009.

EDIT : nevermind, this is fixed. It was done by adding padding-bottom: 20px and taking 20px off the height. Padding-bottom for some reason fixes the bug, so if you ever have the bottom link/line of text being cut off in IE and there's no padding bottom in the div, adding that might fix it.

I still loathe IE.

Hi there,

I've got a stupid IE7 bug related to line-height that's cutting off the bottom half of the last link in a link box. If you check the link in my sig you'll see what I mean hopefully, it's the link box in the right sidebar. I just take the line height out usually but have re-added it so you can see the problem. I want a line-height of 5px like in the other boxes on that page, but for some stupid damn reason it works in the other boxes but not this one, and there's nothing different I can see in the code that's making this happen.

Anyone know how I can fix this please? I'm using an extra CSS sheet for ie with the <!--[if IE]> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ie.css" /> <![endif]--> code, and the CSS for that div is this :

#sidebarlinks {
    background-image : url(images/sidelinks.jpg);
    width: 147px;
    height: 240px;
    margin-top: 22px;
    padding-top: 50px;
    text-align: center;
    padding-right: 3px;
    font-size: 12px;
    line-height: 5px;
    }

Why does IE have to be so crap?

eon, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  2. eon

eon Peon

Best Answers:
    Fixed! Added edit line in first post.

eon, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  3. jason18241

jason18241 Peon

Best Answers:
    That bug can also be caused by floats and using a clear will help as well.

jason18241, Jul 15, 2009 IP