1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Yahoo Answers Increase Affiliate Sell Or Web Traffic

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by emeka08, Jul 10, 2009.

A lot of friends have told me to start spending a lot of time on yahoo answers because it will give me more traffic.I want to know how truth that is.if you have better info share it

emeka08, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  2. Jailbird

Jailbird Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard the same, but you have to get in there quickly and answer high trafficked questions. Nowadays there are programs just for this.

Jailbird, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  3. lohanpankaj

lohanpankaj Peon

Best Answers:
    ya, its true that yahoo answers provide good way to generate traffic for your site. just keep your answer to the point, it shouln't look like a spam or self promotion.

lohanpankaj, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  4. Georginia

Georginia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would say Yahoo Answers can.
    That's what I am using in generating targeted traffic.
    Cos you can select the specific field that you really wanted and then
    provide them with a source...

Georginia, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  5. Rituja

Rituja Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it truth, b'coz when we ask any question, after 3 hourse our question will come on top 10 in google result.

Rituja, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  6. atreyyu

atreyyu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes but you got banned in no time if you post web links in answers.

atreyyu, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  7. Pinpointcomm

Pinpointcomm Banned

Best Answers:
    Try not posting links etc, unless of course you want to get your account suspended ASAP :p

Pinpointcomm, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  8. atreyyu

atreyyu Peon

Best Answers:
    Well..of course...but then how do you get traffic with them without placing links?

atreyyu, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  9. talkandberocked

talkandberocked Peon

Best Answers:
    you will be banned for sure if it seemed spam by the yahoo bots.. :( remember

talkandberocked, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  10. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    heh! i have had the same question. if no link then how do me get traffic.. well yahoo answer is popular and very well ranked. I have not yet played much with it but i believe it has lot of potential! i will try to post the solution soon ;)

elitesystem, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  11. teatime

teatime Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think they ban everyone who places a link in their answer.
    If it's a good, unique and well-written answer, it's been my experience that it stays there, and brings a little traffic.

teatime, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  12. atreyyu

atreyyu Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive made an account, did a search to find questions I could answer, I've placed only 3 answers, all on topic, unique , with link sending to one of my sites for a better on topic explanation. After 6 hours I've got banned.

atreyyu, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  13. john1111

john1111 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers provides queries to your answers, it is not a place to sell / advertise any affiliate product.Its main purpose is to provide collaborative answers.

john1111, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  14. BlackHatAuto

BlackHatAuto Banned

Best Answers:
    yahoos good for traffic and could potetntially convert :)

BlackHatAuto, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  15. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a good source of traffic but it is an overcrowded market, half the people using it are marketers trying to take advantage. I try to stay away from it myself, the last thing I need is to get sued by Yahoo for spam right as my business is starting to take off.

Gallito, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  16. dzoniij

dzoniij Member

Best Answers:
    I bet it was same domain and you posted from same IP all answers, this is reason why you get banned. If you would post from 3 different IP and used 3 different links I think all will be OK you can even cloak your link with url shorteners

dzoniij, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  17. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used Yahoo answers one time to answer a question. Someone posted a question where is the best place to buy xxxxx. I replied with 3 links. One was eBay, another was Amazon and the 3rd was mine. I did not get banned because I used 2 big names and then my site... so it did not look like spam.

It brought good traffic but I don't feel like getting banned even though I never use it. So I probably won't ever use yahoo again for a long time, if ever again. I like to use Wiki

MrSandMan, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  18. moneymakingreviews

moneymakingreviews Peon

Best Answers:
    You could register several accounts with different ip's but thats blackhat method

moneymakingreviews, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  19. neverknow1

neverknow1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well ... I use Yahoo Answers for building backlinks only .... whatever it is, it's WORKS!

neverknow1, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  20. atreyyu

atreyyu Peon

Best Answers:
    From yahoo answers official community guidelines:

Can I post my website, email, or personal information in my answers?
    Last Updated: December 16, 2008

In certain circumstances you can. Common sense goes a long way here, but basically, you cannot spam, advertise, or solicit on Answers.
    Personal websites or email
    The preferred method is to provide the information on your profile page. However when it is directly related to the answer you’re giving, sometimes it is helpful to include personal links or an email address in the answer. For example, you’re the proud owner of a couple of cats and run an informational web site about caring for cats. You answer a question about cat grooming and include a link to a page on your web site with detailed information on the topic, as well as your personal email address for people to contact you with more questions. If you host sponsored ads on your site, be careful about posting links to your site in every answer or you risk crossing over into spam territory, which is not allowed.
    If you post your personal web site (including your MySpace page) and email in every answer whether or not they’re related to your answers, you could be in violation for solicitation or spam.
    Personal information
    Please remember that Answers is a live site. Any personal information you post can be found by anyone on the Internet, so please use discretion. It’s OK to sign your answers with your name as long as you’re not violating another rule while you’re at it.
    Business websites or email
    There are many professionals and business owners providing valuable knowledge and experiences on Answers. By identifying yourself as such and providing great answers, you are building credibility and positive brand image. You may also provide your business URL and contact information on your profile page. However, please do not link to purchase pages in your answers, include your website and contact info in all answers, give low-quality answers coupled with links to your site, or solicit for clients. Do not answer questions directly related to purchases that can be made at your business (i.e. you own an electronics business and you answer a question asking where to buy iPods, or you’re a dentist answering questions about which dentist to go to), as this behaviour can be considered spam.

atreyyu, Jul 14, 2009 IP