1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Forums bring target traffic or not ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by raptormarketing, Jul 14, 2009.

hello friends,
    Let me know,
    Whether Forums can bring target traffic(through the links we provide at signature) or they are only for the purpose of link building.

raptormarketing, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  2. Publisher-For-You

Publisher-For-You Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience with forum marketing has been that you do get some traffic while you are actively posting. The traffic trails off pretty quickly once you stop posting, because your posts begin to drop out of sight, in to the archives. Think of it as temporary traffic.

Suggestion, find forums that you will enjoy posting in, just for the conversation. Focus on meeting people, making friends, having fun, and the posts will come naturally and painlessly.

Leverage blowhard power! :)

I've got thousands of posts on some forums. The link value of each post is probably pretty small, but they do add up over the years.

Publisher-For-You, Jul 14, 2009 IP
    freelistfool likes this.
  3. Frank_WHH

Frank_WHH Peon

Best Answers:
    I all depends on the amount of posted comments/threads & the quality of your interventions.
    If you post great answers content, or questions, you can get some traffic. I don't post a lot, and not on many forums, maybe 20-50 posts total per week, and I get a steady 3-5 visits per day

Frank_WHH, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, if the forum is same niche as your site

lifeplayer, Jul 15, 2009 IP
    gauravgrt likes this.
  5. SticKer

SticKer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, forums can help bring in traffic. Post regularly on active and high traffic forums and add your links in the signature and you should see people visiting your site if it interest them.

SticKer

SticKer, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  6. n00bf0rc3

n00bf0rc3 Member

Best Answers:
    Really depends on the forum and how much posts you post. If the forum only has 100 users then i think it won't do anything. Something over a few k's will get you a few clicks.

n00bf0rc3, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  7. VanForex

VanForex Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have the Signature links that are clickable then some of the members would checked
    and clicked on the links you have posted...
    But I know it will surely brings traffic as long as they clicked on the link..

VanForex, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  8. chiendent

chiendent Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but it is fleeting,traffic and it is rare that I get people really interested into the content of my sites. But when it happens, it is great. Let's hope it happens again.

chiendent, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  9. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, forum sig. links do provide traffic along with SEO value. It mostly depends on the quality of visitors of that forum.

gauravgrt, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  10. SEOURWEB

SEOURWEB Peon

Best Answers:
    As they say above it can be a successful source of traffic as long as you stay an active poster and the forum relates to your websites topic.

SEOURWEB, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  11. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you do find a well trafficked forum belonging to your niche, then all you have to do is interact on it very actively, for maximum exposure of your signature links! This action would surely result in generating good quality traffic for your site!

As the above poster said, the niche and well reputed quality of the forum along with your activeness holds the key! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jul 15, 2009 IP
    lifeplayer likes this.
  12. fasterbetter

fasterbetter Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think so. I have tried it and it done..

fasterbetter, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  13. jstonedotorg

jstonedotorg Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found forums helpful for traffic if you post to your niche. While the traffic directly from the forum does drop off after time, getting my websites out there has resulted in people bookmarking my sites, and coming back to them later. So, I loose traffic from the forum, but my overall traffic increases.

jstonedotorg, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  14. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this forum is related to my niche so I get nearly a thousand hits a month from it. In addition, people seem to like my site so I also get a handful of natural links each month as well. Those natural links are more important to me than dofollow is in this forum. In fact, I'd still participate here if they nofollowed the links simply because of the hits and resulting natural links.

freelistfool, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  15. anotherposter

anotherposter Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, the forum should be niche/relevant, then it should be having dofollow attribute, you should keep refreshing your posts, look for high PR forums. Keep all of these working and see the results.

anotherposter, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  16. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If you focus on SPECIFIC threads and post in a very targeted way, yes you'll get traffic. It will be low volume but it converts better than "general traffic".

webmasterlabor.com, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  17. Teena12

Teena12 Guest

Best Answers:
    Search Engines index forums Frequently, so posting in forums is good way to gain Quality Back links

Submitting to articles, directories etc.. can be time consuming process. it does not require much effort and time to post in forums

Forum posting can give significant traffic apart from building relevant back links

Forums are also good for creating brand or image

Teena12, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  18. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    Forums bring in traffic and also they have good SEO value.

geoiss2004, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  19. popundercash

popundercash Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, forums can bring quality traffic. Forums get listed quick in google and your site can be quickly exposed to the web if you are a good forum poster.

popundercash, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  20. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely, forums can not only help you find customers, they also help to increase your reputation and improve your credibility (if you have lots of quality answers to posts about the topic).

crumblepie, Jul 16, 2009 IP