1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google putting the same weight for Links from English websites to non-english ones

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Athenelolz, Jul 14, 2009.

Hi,

Just a question. I've created a non-english blog for the first time. (a dutch one)
    Now that I've made some content, I am questioning myself if I would get backlinks from English sites like Squidoo and Ezine, GoArticles etc and my question for you is if they will still count as good as getting links from high PR dutch sites.

Greets

Athenelolz, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  2. hipnol

hipnol Guest

Best Answers:
    The answer is Yes and No. Yes because any website link is considered as authority. And No because, sites like squidoo provide nofollow links to new users.

hipnol, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  3. BlackHatAuto

BlackHatAuto Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes and no I guess ^ ...?

BlackHatAuto, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  4. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Those have low value but they will still count.

indyonline, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  5. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    The links will count much more if the content in which the links are, is in the same language as the content to which the links are pointing to. Of course the author text value will be transferred equally, no mater the content language.

I should conclude by saying that every single link is good. Even if it a nofollow link!

waxman1000, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  6. Athenelolz

Athenelolz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I was just curious because there aren't a lot of high PR dutch websites related to the niche. Therefore I'll try to make some hubpages etc in the hope to make my website rank higher but then with english content outside of my website.

Athenelolz, Jul 14, 2009 IP
  7. Narrator

Narrator Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got a high PR backlink from website that was completely Chinese and I had no idea what niche the site was. But I do know it helped my rankings.

Narrator, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  8. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google gives equal weight to links from English and non-English sites. For as long as you're linking to/with bad neighborhood, then it's fine. Google looks into link popularity, authority and relevancy, not in the language of a site.

mrandrei, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  9. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see why any one language would be given more importance over another one. The only time I could see this being an issue would be in the situation if two sites were linking together and were not in the same geo-location. But I think that even that would be a tough sell. Overall I think a link is a link.

Frost813, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  10. francis2007

francis2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its better if you get good link from dutch sites, this can take you to the top of google, still there is some value you can have if you get link from english sites too.

francis2007, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  11. Rituja

Rituja Peon

Best Answers:
    offcourse yes, all back links are considering in google.

Rituja, Jul 21, 2009 IP