1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No More "Made for Adsense" sites

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Shez, Mar 13, 2005.

Hi All
    her eis some important info for you all, and you will agree with me if you fall in the smae category. I ran many sites which were only amde from key words. There was a high payout rate and i earned a lot. but now since mar 5th. pay out rate is dropped to few cents for all these type of web site which are runing "TOP PAYING KEYWORDS" and "MADE FOR ADSENSE" sites.
    Ah :(
    who is agree with me?
    any sugestions how we can now improve payput rate.?????
    Shez :eek:

Shez, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Simple supply and demand, when everyone under the Sun produces the same type of pages there is more supply versus demand for that sort of content.

Put up decent content and try to gain traffic to that good content and you will do better long term.

Digital Point has great content and that is why there is traffic here :cool:

anthonycea, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  3. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Agree wholeheartedly with Anthony, esp on the good content aspect.

I've seen a lot of sites that instantly look built for no other reason than ad revenue (just a load of keyword spam, AdSense and not a lot else) and when I land at these pages I instantly shut the window tab and continue researching the subject back at the search engine.

So these people get 1 hit, no click and no repeat traffic from me :)

Lever, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I have not seen this phenomena. In fact, my AdSense revenue is steadily rising.

1. Target high-paying keywords where the competition is weak.
    2. Build more unique content to gain more traffic.
    3. Build more links to gain more traffic.

Will.Spencer, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Will, he is talking about pages that target "make money with high paying keywords" so one can make money with ADSENSE.

6. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    My keyword generated pages had the biggest day yet on March 7th and the 10th was the 2nd biggest. They're not slowing down across the board. If you're noticing a slowdown the use other keywords that aren't being designed around as often.

TiGG, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  7. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Aren't made for Adsense sites a breech of ToS anyway.

dct, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  8. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they are in breech, although I don't know what a adsense only site is defined as.

SHT, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The thread starter can't speak English very well, all we know is that he bought a list of high paying keywords and put up pages around those keywords.

Over time the payouts change as everyone targets the same keyword.

I think that he may also be talking about putting up pages that are about "high paying ADSENSE keywords" and that those sort of pages are not paying out well anymore.

There have got to be a shitload of pages on that subject out there also. :cool:

10. dct

Best Answers:
    Okay, so its a site talking about made for Adsense sites.
    Sounds like a made for Adsense site to me :confused:

dct, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  11. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    They are in breach of TOS up to a point. The made for adsense sites argument isn;t black and white, but has alot of grey areas. On one hand, if you are referring interested prospects to the advertisers, it may be ok.

Adsense earnings tend to fluctuate alot. On day, you make xx.xx and the next day you make x.xx..The adsense system is very dynamic, and complicated. Cracking it by buying a keyword list isn't gonna work all the time.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  12. Shez

Shez Peon

Best Answers:
    Nopes Anoth...
    you guys arent getting me. letme explain you, previously i had over 10 sites which were designed with good contents but all were like " Info and Guide" and then there were lots of TOP PAYING KEYWORDS and each page was designed for one key word. content was also good. Google paid much for this i got one check of Amount $xxxx.00 there wasnt too much impressions and click per day. suddenly they close all of them and now when i reapplied with a new name domain etc but with the same contents they arent paying. moreover i founded that in initial 2 days there was a same high rate but it is now down to almost zero. To me it looks like that they have now categorises such sites into a " LOW PAYOUT SITE"
    isnt it?

Shez, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  13. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:

Instead of being a moron, why not read what people are saying?

The adsense system fluctuates alot. Smart pricing and other factors can make keywords and certain ads less valuable.

Ive seen it happen. Sone days you make xx.xx and then on the same site you may only make x.xx. Thats how adsense works.

14. Monsieur

Monsieur Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem with one of my sites, but it was more like site just made for adsense.
    Content wasn't too good, so I didn't really care that the revenue dropped and could understand it.
    On my pages with good quality content, revenue stayed the same, so it might be that they just dropped the payout for "just made for adsense without having content"-sites.

Monsieur, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you burned them and were clicking on your own high paying keyword ads by your last post and that is why they "closed them" :eek:

16. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    yes, it does depend on the content you have and of course, it is a very fine line. Many sites are made for adsense but with enough good content added they still get in. The best thing is to have a site and work on it, leave the adsense on there and focus on promoting yourself and giving people something they like.

Blogmaster, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  17. dct

Best Answers:
    Wise words :) I'm sure many sites wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for Adsense, I agree it's a fine line. The way I look at it is the site useful to readers because of the content or is it just profitable due to Adsense and similar ilk. If I think the site will benefit readers I'll go ahead and if I can then monetise that all the better :D

dct, Mar 13, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  18. Shez

Shez Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, I'm now working on highly professional web with lots of good content and also trying to stick on a single keyword. One web for just one Key word with lots of pages and good content. Lets see wat happnes next.

Shez, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    one thing I have learned from being a JoeAnt editor is that most sites are self serving to some degree. I use my instinct when listing or not listing. I can pretty much see if a site is useful, even if I wouldn't use it myself. Some sites are simply 100% self serving and there is absolutely nothing anyone can get out of them. That is where the line should always be drawn, but of course, the process of human editing is very time consuming.

Long term speaking quality survives IMO.
    I would focus on it. My former boss in Atlanta would always say: "think customer service and everything else will fall into place".

And it's true, your visitors are your customers, give them what they're looking for and you will make the money you deserve automatically.

Mike

Blogmaster, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  20. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    my advice is dont violate the tos