1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am wanting advice..................Just spent $1600+ WTF

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bluexdragunz83, Jun 23, 2009.

Hi my name is Torrance really new to the forum, here is the deal. I wanted to get started with this online marketing/affiliate marketing business, everyone says your own product is the best way to make serious bucks....right? So I goto sitepoint and I buy several sites that are unique, appealing, and pretty good niches IMO.

Now the hard part I submit one to clickbank and 4 weeks later it is still not activated! OH damn! So now I am really discouraged, how am I supposed to get listed and start finding affiliates that can promote it? I want to set up the initial link building and what not and offer tons of info for my affiliates: keyword research (supply low cost high search keywords for them to target), pre written articles and blog posts.

How do I get them to list it? Anyone else have issues like this with clickbank?

So now I am thinking of selling only private label rights to all of the books I bought, not master resell rights but only resell and plr that allows the graphics and content to be made their own. So I will still be the oly one able to sell rights to my site.

Would this be feasible?

example: 5 unique plr, resell rights that can clearly pass copyscape.
    plus the keyword research for each niche.

$197 for all 5?
    only limited copies mabey 30?

then if they wanted to sell master resell rights they can through affiliate link at cb and get paid 75%.?

all on hard format cd shipped to them so there is no having to save to a disk.
    no digital download to reduce possible file thiefs.

ahhhhhhhhhhh sorry to rant but I have been trying really hard to get them set up and it is not going how I thought it would. I know there will be struggles but I was hoping to monetize the sites quickly and that was 4 months ago, can't get the first one on cb .

can anyone pm me with help?

Sorry to rant especially because I am so new here.

I do hope I posted in the correct spot.

again if you can help me with advice on how to get cb to list my site let me know.

Thanks for the long crazy read.
    Torrance

bluexdragunz83, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use other such as e-junkies,payloadz.
    They are best better than CB.

mentos, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  3. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still new to this so I didn't know about e junkies.
    where are some other places I could list them?

what keywords would I look up?

affiliate center?

IDK.

thanks for letting me know about e junkies.

bluexdragunz83, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  4. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    well after searching last night and most of today I found jv manager and will be purchasing that and managing my own affiliate program.

has anyone used jv manager?

I hear that it is a one stop shop ...pretty much anyway.

give me some feedback if ya can.

bluexdragunz83, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  5. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I installed jvmanager1 and it is pretty straight forward I like it so far.

What do you guys think?

is fantasos a muct have or starting out jvmanager 1 good enough?

bluexdragunz83, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  6. pattindahat

pattindahat Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, I think you should contact CB, I am hesitant to sign up in affiliate programs directly, unless the are large brandname websites. Through CB, however, I will sign up for any of them because the payments are run through CB. Hope this helped.

pattindahat, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  7. Nasedo

Nasedo Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah to be honest, I think you're getting a bit impatient. Try to get a hold of CB before spending money needlesly.

Nasedo, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  8. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made a book a while ago and decided to sell it with Clickbank. When you submit your book, they should email you back as to weather it is up to standards, or what you need to change to make it so. If you haven't got an email back yet I would email or phone them, they should have emailed you right away after you first sent in your application to sell your product with Clickbank.

tjsocr22, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  9. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I will try and relist it with them. They are a huge company and I will get more affiliate that way I am sure.

I checked out paydotcom.com and didn't really like the feel of the site.

has anyone used them to process payments and affiliates?

I can be impatient at times but I submitted it to them it says 3-5 days for a response, I waited a week then tried to email and I got no reply.

I just am getting started with it so I guess I'll try again, as I do understand about independent affiliate programs.

You would be wondering if I make a sale will I get paid? Are they going to rip me off? Is the tracking accurate plus many other worries.

so thanks for the feed back guys and let me know what you think of paydotcom. I am curious.

bluexdragunz83, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  10. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    $1600...you did research all this before spending that(or at least as much as you thought you needed to), yeah?

Maybe I've misunderstood but it seems your just jumping into things and throwing away money, sure I do the same whenever I have cash but never more than like £40.. lol

Scot

Scoty, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  11. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done a lot of keyword research for each of the sites and will be doing article marketing for them, promo videos and the norm it is just more time consuming than I thought to get set up.

the 1600 is including buying a few different pieces of software like camtasia, I didn't have word on my pc (I found open office after buying word) a decent mic other business related thing not all on the sites.

I had the cash to invest (not spend) and I am going to make it work oneway or another.

So I am submitting the sites to CB once again in the morn.

You guys got any tips to maximize my rankings?

I am targeting long tail keywords for each site each having a ppc value of .10c or less and a volume of 2000+ searches monthly.

will be promoting the affiliate offer to blog owners and offering a 2 teir commission through jvmanager that I installed.

I am thinking this is a pretty good start. I figured if I offer a list of the keywords I searched to the affiliates they can have the opportunity for hubpages, squidoo and what have you.

if I am missing something let me know I have been planning for a little bit and think I am ready to go.

thanks for all of the feedback guys

12. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the sites is in the wedding niche.

let me know if you think it has potential.

www.dayofherdreams.com

p.s everything is disabled since it isn't listed with cb yet.

13. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would have potential if you (obviously) market it right, maybe send sample copies to people who are recently engaged (although I'm not too sure how you would find them). It's good that you'll be committed to this, especially after spending such an amount (unless I'm just testing an investment, I'll keep putting money into it, so far this strategy hasn't worked for me, lol - so far).

Maybe the price is too high though (although, I've never promoted ebooks, so I don't know, I just know, personally, I wouldn't buy an ebook for $47). But at the same time if you get some good promoters at CB then really don't have to worry about it.

I think it's good you're giving some research to affiliates(keywords), sort of gives them an incentive to choose you if they're lazy or can't come up with them themself.

Scoty, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  14. bluexdragunz83

bluexdragunz83 Peon

Best Answers:
    the keywords I think will help it alot and the price is being dropped to 19.95
    so more people would see the value.

what kind of projects are you working on?

bluexdragunz83, Jul 13, 2009 IP