1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get listed on top during kew word search in google

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by icubetechnology, Oct 1, 2006.

HI!

I have my site. Could any one tell me how to get listed on google search result for a specific key word.

icubetechnology, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  2. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol - You should do a little reading around. There is lots of info available. Seochat.com has some good articles. Read read and read until you can read no longer. :D

visio, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  3. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not that simple, it takes ages to do this. I havnt even done it before.

Try and do it on msn first and then try google, it works better that way, i know because i have tryed.

Rob

Robert Allen, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  4. mpea

mpea Guest

Best Answers:
    or you could just make that keword really obscure "monkeyJamRat" im sure that would be easy, problem is, no one will search for it, except a half monkey half rat looking to JAM!

Quality relevant link backs, age of site and content are the key. Try going for words that arent too competative to begin with

mpea, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  5. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Age of site isnt important. I had a domain 2 years old and it made no difference.

Content and relevant backlinks are very very important.

Rob

Robert Allen, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes age is important. But it has alot to do with what content was on the domain previously and if it was changed.

BTW you said you hadn't tried it so how do you know?:p

visio, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  7. mpea

mpea Guest

Best Answers:
    Age is important, it is part of the serps algo, to what extent... who knows. It is not so important if the area is non competative, and the competitors are young sites. Even age of back links are relavant.

good point, thats why so many ppl use 301 redirects, instead of just changing url location

mpea, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhah but if you can get ahead of your competitors why not do it? I mean if all the competitors are young and you can buy an older domain you cna get a head start on them. :D

visio, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  9. mpea

mpea Guest

Best Answers:
    :eek: indeed, this is what some cheeky ppl do :p

mpea, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  10. Mahumba

Mahumba Peon

Best Answers:
    After all the reading I did here I came to the same thing. Age does matter. I rank number one on many search engines for a lot of key words. In the top 5 and 10 for many.

I just found out about PR and did a check on my site and it's PR 3. for the index. I always applied my own content or other content that other people wrote for me and that makes a huge difference.

Here's one that I didn't come across here on DP yet and it may have done so but I haven't read it.

Use spelling mistakes in your key words! How many times have you made a spelling error in a search query? I have done many. If you spell something wrong related to my area or interest you just may get one hit that is my site then you get the option, DID YOU MEAN........

Roger

Mahumba, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  11. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want the info all wraped up in a neat package for you; go buy a couple of seo ebooks. If you want it for free just dig around on this forum. Everything you need is here as long as you have enough patiance.

I think patiance is the biggest key of all. You can try out all the tricks people talk about here, but you will rarly see any results right away. It took more than a year for me to get top 10 listings in google.

Raisin, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  12. Tiger Treats

Tiger Treats Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just struggling with the fact that everywhere I read it says you have to do all this work yet how do companies get to be in the top 5 of seach engines, are they paying for the privalidge? I am def going to try the SEO route, so many forums and posts and eveyone says nearly the same thing but not quite and in the end my head's full of keyword and not my site!! :eek:)

Tiger Treats, May 15, 2009 IP
  13. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    it takes more time to get your keyword on top.. say 6 to 8 months considering the fact you worked well on it. PR is also important not directly gonna impact the search but higher the PR more chance that your stuffs get indexed soon on search engines. First step is to increase the PR plus increasing the density of keyword in your site, use meta tags, use images with alt text. Just google around u may find more interesting answer but it takes time, if anybody promises to get you on top in few days just ignore them.

regards

Ameena, May 15, 2009 IP
  14. lazyfrog

lazyfrog Member

Best Answers:
    That is essentially knowing all and I mean everything about SEO.
    Now that all we are trying to do. But I guarantee you, no one is perfect. All are guessing. So just know your way around here and try by applying your brain.

lazyfrog, May 18, 2009 IP
  15. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    better content and backlinks in on page and off page

nancy_18am, Jul 12, 2009 IP