1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CB Sales Patterns

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Darkeralice, Jul 12, 2009.

Hello,
    this is one of my first posts here on the forum.
    i was wondering if anyone else noticed the following sales pattern
    which i see happening over and over again on my clickbank account.
    i base my data on a small to medium account that makes about 22 sales
    average per day.
    most sales are generated from the U.S (meaning that the sales a batched to the united states after work hours).

Sales Gaps
    In the "rush" hours i have days on my clickbank account which should average
    about 3-4 sales per hour. i get no sales for 4-5 hours and then 3-4 sales in 2 minutes.
    this pattern repeats itself , i can see this happening on average 2-3 times per week.
    Its as if something is holding back the people from buying and then suddenly is released.

"Punishing " my account:
    On days when my account receives lots of refunds (about 5-6) or Chargebacks (its worst when i get chargebacks)
    my account stops generating sales on a normal level and the day feels very "slow". It's as if clickbank is "punishing" my account.

Anyone else notice this?

please no noobish answers, i have been marketing clickbank products for years.

Darkeralice, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  2. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are right there, though clickbank will never admit punishing your account whatsoever. I also notice that after a couple of refunds on my account, it kind of becomes difficult to make sales for a while. Guess we have to deal with it in that way. There is really nothing we can do about it.

waxman1000, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  3. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    WRONG!

I noticed this too. Most of my sales come between 12pm to 3 pm. Duh! People are usually out to lunch at this time. So they're surfing the internet.

It has to do with people internet habits. People do most of their internet surfing (non-work related) during lunch hours, after work, and during the weekends.

Duh!

ParthS, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  4. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Lunchtime is relative to your timezone. The United States has a lot of time zones, which opens up large blocks of potential time.

Supper, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  5. Darkeralice

Darkeralice Peon

Best Answers:
    Very Sharp..
    except if that was the case then the sales were weak every day of
    the week for these hours.
    read my post again, i said that when CB sales gaps happen on the
    most coverting hours there is a gap and suddenly a boom of sales in
    a period of 5 minutes.
    if that sounds like lunch to you then god bless your logic

Darkeralice, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  6. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    I average about 10 sales a day for over a year, and have also noticed some patterns. Some days I will have slow transactions, and every sale will be PayPal, or other days, all sales will be Visa or PayPal, excluding AMEX and Mastercard. I have a really low refund rate, but I have noticed that if you have several refunds in a day, or a quick refund, they will slow your account down. I use Adwords, and have noticed patterns with that, and every once in a while they converge, and I have a really bad day. Actually had a 0 sales day for the first time in 9 months the other day.

ScoTech, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  7. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Darkeralice - I was simply giving you an account of what MY patterns were. After all, isn't that what you asked? I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question.

ParthS, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  8. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been in the IT business for 25+ years and know how complex an accounting system that big would be.

I would guess you are waiting on there systems to update.

Nothing more.

rickmci, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  9. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    I would also guess that none of the patterns you've seen are statistically significant. If you can apply some real statistical analysis using standard techniques you can tell for sure if they're abnormal or not. More than likely it's CB's systems updating on a regular schedule, or it's just normal fluctuations for a whole number of valid reasons. There's no way that CB is "punishing" your account...

TigerPublishing, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  10. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    @DarkerAlice

Are you using ppc? If so, are you content network?

There are patterns of ad delivery with google (especially on content network) that can cause a rapid burst of sales. If this is true, you would see a corresponding increase in hops delivered during these times.

Look at your clickbank analytics and sort your data by hour of day. What are your conversion ratios like? You may find they are similar and that you just have more traffic during these times.

I would agree that 5 minute bursts do seem odd and I can say that with several years of clickbank experience that this is not something I have seen enough to warrant further analysis.

**Nice job on the 22 sales/day**

domainiac, Jul 12, 2009 IP