1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is CB’s New Refund Option Hitting You Hard?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Robert25, Jul 10, 2009.

Last month CB had changed the layout of receipt and made refund option easily accessible.

I am working in 4-5 niches and seen a noticeable increment in refunds. Previously, for a one particular product, I get only 10% of refund and now it’s nearly 50%.

I don’t know you guys had noticed similar thing or not but I would like to hear your views on it.

Robert25, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  2. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've noticed a sharp upswing in refunds for some of my products. They've definitely made it much easier for refunding w/ their new ticketing system.

Personally I think they should make it a little more difficult to get a refund, but then start whacking the products that have too many of them.

They're probably having problems w/ a lot of chargebacks. The tool they need to use is a nice sharp scalpel, but instead they're using a very large sledge hammer. It may get rid of the chargebacks, but it's going to give everyone a big headache in the mean time.

venrooy, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  3. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    The new refund option makes the refund much higher than before.

Refund rate increases a little, but not so much, the average refund rate is still about 3.4%.

It is a pity to hear that Mr. Robert25 has so high refund rate.

tanakanewyork, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  4. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they need to compare the amount of Chargebacks and Refunds, I am pretty sure Refunds will win the race.

CB is one of the best network which I had ever used, but now we have to diversify with other networks.
    I am running a 5 people team with me and now I found its very difficult to sustain with CB.

See when you promoting a software product which is useful in daily routine then its quite understandable that you have a low refund rate.

But when you are promoting guides which gives you a solution to solve a problem, then its very possible that a customer can ask for refund after solving his problem.

I don't believe every one is a saint or have good ethics. Instead customer think its a smart move. They prove there unethical thoughts by rational decision.

If you don't expect a refund rate around 5%- 10% promoting CB products, Then either you are new or you are promoting Software Or Membership Site which is very useful in daily routine.

Robert25, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  5. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    CB has to do whatever they can to keep chargebacks low. Otherwise their own banks will stop collecting cc transactions for them. Also chargebacks cost them extra money w/ their own banks in penalties. So they feel that giving an easy refund is cheaper in the long run. But in my opinion their problem lies in their leniency on crappy products. They need to do a little bit of pruning.

venrooy, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  6. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right,
    I think before asking a refund, customer has to go far atleast two tickets.
    1)Why you want refund?.(This will directly go to vendor and vendor should help customer)
    2)If still customer is not satisfied with offered solution, he has to apply for refund.
    This way it will be bit difficult for fraud customer to get a refund.
    Also I think from now CB should give a Refund Ratio in their stats so bad products will automatically get omited from the race.

Robert25, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  7. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Many of CB's hot selling products/services are heavily refunded. I think the affiliate and publisher take the brunt unfairly because many "buyers" would pay then refund after they get the software or ebook. Sucks.

webmasterlabor.com, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  8. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I am saying, accepting the fact allowing refund is the part of IM game but then making its so simple to demand a refund is not fair at all.

9. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    It is not fair for the affiliates and the vendors, only the users get the benefits.

So I think the only way is to give affiliates more bonuses to ensure their profits.

tanakanewyork, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  10. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why banks/c.c. companies are so quick to allow chargebacks.

Chargebacks are not for freebie seekers. My c.c. company asked me to fill in a written form and say it is fraud. Do other companies not do this?

rolf, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  11. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Banks/C.c. companies must take a look on what kind of revenue is generated from digital products, this way they are killing one industry. But this problem is not so big with other networks.

12. gcashhome

gcashhome Peon

Best Answers:
    But you have the option to directly talk to the customers requesting a refund which earlier was not an option.
    In the most cases converting to a tech support request and answering to queries solves the problem.

It depends on the value they get at the end. If it is a high priced product, refunds will be higher if there is not enough value.

gcashhome, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  13. john_22

john_22 Peon

Best Answers:
    now people are recommending every one to buy clickbank products and refund with in 60 days this is so disgusting

john_22, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  14. ScoTech

ScoTech Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the new refund system. it has decreased the refunds for the product I promote, most likley due to the save a sale function. I think this new policy will increase refunds for crap products, and decrease them for decent products, thus making it easier for clickbank to justify giving the scam products the boot they deserve.

ScoTech, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  15. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will also increase the refunds for any product that is the least bit technical - too many people don't like to read and follow directions.

venrooy, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  16. john_22

john_22 Peon

Best Answers:
    look what people do with clickbank refund policy

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

john_22, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  17. sranju

sranju Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes that's happening to me as well. I promote 3 different products and the refunds have actually gone lower recently.

This also raises another point - affiliates are going to be even more careful in picking who to promote and will be doing more diligent research.

sranju, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  18. apples2

apples2 Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah, in the long run it should help clickbank. It will force vendors to raise the quality of a product to lower refunds. I think it's also going to separate the people that support their product from those that ignore emails.

The save a sale deal only helps if the vendor supports his product and communicates with customers, so good vendors will benefit.

I know some vendors that once the sale is done, the customer is dead. No email replies to customer questions. No support at all.

I'm wondering if that's why Clickbank started sending out emails to customers with a link to a refund page. When someone wanted a refund and contacted a bad vendor, they got no response to their emails.

apples2, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  19. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do like the ticket system, I just don't like the easier refund access. The ticket system is good, because at least now you have a chance to help a customer out when they ask for it. Before Clickbank was just giving out refunds most of the time, even when the customer simply had a question. But now there are refund links everywhere, and a customer can get a refund way to easily - especially for a digitally delivered item.

Could you imagine what would happen if McDonalds put up a refund button, and allowed people to use it even after they had eaten the meal? How many free meals do you think they'd give away?

venrooy, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  20. john_22

john_22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice example venrooy, :). I think the future of Clickbank is dark if they are not gonna think seriously about refund policy... I have already mentioned, lot of people only buy to refund within 60 days, and these types of people are increasing day by day... lolz clickbank.

john_22, Jul 11, 2009 IP