1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Affiliates from RI, NC, etc... PLEASE STAND UP WITH ME!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by kevindasilva, Jul 10, 2009.

Whats up guys?

My name is Kevin and I live in RI. I'm a "former" Amazon Affiliate/Associate.

If you are as fed up with government as I am and were also kicked off Amazons Affiliate Program for NO FAULT of your own... Other than having DUMB ASS Politicians in your State...

OR

If you share our dissappointment with our Congressmen passing legislation that "PUNISHES" those of us who are only trying to provide for our families...

THEN PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

I don't have a plan BUT all I know is that if we teamed up together and signed petitions, contacted our Representatives (as a group) and lets our voices be heard then...

WE THE PEOPLE CAN TAKE BACK WHATS OUR TO BEGIN WITH!

For those of you that don't know what I am talking about...

Amazon sent me this email last week...

"We are writing from the Amazon Associates Program to notify you that your Associates account has been closed as of June 29, 2009. This is a direct result of the unconstitutional tax collection scheme passed by the Rhode Island General Assembly with a veto-proof majority. As a result, we will no longer pay any referral fees for customers referred to Amazon.com or Endless.com after June 29. We were forced to take this unfortunate action in anticipation of actual enactment because of uncertainties surrounding the legislation’s effective date. The governor could sign the bill -- or have his veto overridden -- any day now.

Please be assured that all qualifying referral fees earned prior to June 29, 2009 will be processed and paid in full in accordance with our regular referral fee schedule. Based on your account closure date of June 29, 2009, any final payments will be paid by September 1, 2009.

In the event that Rhode Island repeals this tax collection scheme, we would certainly be happy to re-open our Associates program to Rhode Island residents.

The Rhode Island General Assembly’s website is http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/, the governor's website is http://www.governor.ri.gov/, and additional information may be obtained from the Performance Marketing Alliance at http://www.performancemarketingalliance.com/.

We have enjoyed working with you and other Rhode Island-based participants in the Amazon Associates Program, and wish you all the best in your future."

And please know that EVEN IF THIS IS NOT HAPPENING TO YOUR STATE... YET.. IT WILL!

Maybe you will be lucky and have some intelligent Congressmen serving your state that understand that "BILLS LIKE THIS KILL SMALL BUSINESS" (and this is just one of many)

Listen I am just one person but there are 1000's of us. I think, I hope and I Pray we can come together and STOP THIS MADNESS.

Last thing I will say...

We are entrepreneurs that have found ways to make money and provide for our families from home WITH NO HELP FROM OUR GOVERNMENT!

If we counted on them we would most likely all be unemployed.

Yet they see 1000's of us working from home and be creative instead of going on welfare AND WHAT DO THEY DO...

Hold out their hand and say they want their "unconstitutional" piece of the action. AND THEY RATHER SEE US STARVE BECAUSE AMAZON, OVERSTOCK & MANY OTHERS WILL FOLLOW SAID NOPE!... WE'LL JUST SHUT EVERY ACCOUNT!

FACT: There WERE 3000 "Amazon Associates" from RI That Pay $3,000,000 In Taxes Every Year.

Now Imagine How Much "Gross Income" Before Taxes That Was Being Spent Within The State THAT WILL NOW BE LOST! And how many families will now lose there homes, face bankruptcy and not be able to provide for their families.

And again its NOT just us Affiliates but all of the places we use to spend that money were earned at stores, restaurants, bills and all the other things we spend money on daily.

Please if you agree please just reply with a "bump" or something.

We NEED to do something because this is just the beginning UNLESS WE STOP IT!

UPDATE: I have started a Petition at...

http://www.newsblarg.com/node/1002

Please let sign it and tell everyone you know that agrees with us.

kevindasilva, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  2. footodors

footodors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in Warwick and this state is run by dumocrats!

footodors, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  3. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should be talking about how amazon likes to throw their associates under the bus for added profit traction.

Amazon doesn't give a hoot about you or your protest. I agree with you that this internet tax shit has to stop pronto. Don't forget about S.B. 2661 and CADNA either. Know your enemies.

Amazon is an enemy too. They pulled the WII, numerous e-products and now you get the big shaft for anything you deliver via mobile device. Pretty soon, you'll wake up to find that it's only amazon profiting and your busting your ass for nothing. That day came for me about three months ago. All this is just reinforcements of my good decision.

{TANGENT} Talking about dumocrats, don't forget about the repukes too! 6 out of the 8 worst years in US history was driven by the GOP! We wouldn't be in as deep of a financial mess if dub didn't spend $20 BIL a month on a crafted war. That stupid Iraq war bankrupted the US in more ways than one.{/END}

movingconcierge, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  4. kevindasilva

kevindasilva Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear ya both!

Honestly the "dumocrats" are not doing much better right now. The "cap & tax" bill coming up is REALLY going to bankrupt our country.

People don't care anymore. Back in the 60's young people were protesting for all the things they believed in and when the government screwed up THEY KNEW IT!

Now its sad that young people only talk about the "actors" who play the President in shows or movies.

7 of our Soldiers died in war this week and it didn't even make the news because everyone was talking about Michael Jacksons death 24/7 for days (also when "cap & tax" was passed in the House).

Honestly, I can't just sit here anymore. I will start my petitions that won't change anything for now BUT maybe it will get the ball rolling and something big can come out of it in a year, two year or whatever.

Look at how we are talking about it right now. We elect these morons and when they start going off track we need to say something.

Even if its just a couple hundred people signing a petition it WILL get attention of politicians.

Like this one that was mentioned to me in a Clayton Makepeace email...

http://www.newsblarg.com/node/976

It's a petition against the "cap & tax".

Yeah we will probably lose a lot of fights and nothing will happen. But if enough people unite and keep doing this it will grow and catch on. EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME.

I don't know. But what I do know is that what they are doing over at newsblarg.com is cool and I will give it a shot.

And Amazon.com I think did what they had to prove a point so we could all bitch about it to our Congressmen.

Here's is a video on Fox Business with the RI State Treasurer against what they passed and explains HOW STUPID THEY ARE because when he asked them how much money they planned on making by passing this bill and they said... "Little to Nothing"

http://www.performancemarketingalliance.com/2009/07/06/ri-amazon-tax-in-the-spotlight-on-fox-business-news/

DUMB ASS _______'s

So not only did they just make Amazon.com drop us BUT THEY DID IT FOR NO REASON AT ALL! And they passed it with a "veto-proof majority" which shows how STUPID EVERYONE OF THEM ARE!

kevindasilva, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  5. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    airraid81, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  6. odls

odls Active Member

Best Answers:
    I sympathise with those of you who`ve been affected by this crazy sales tax scheme. I`ve no doubt it has hit many thousands of Amazon Associates hard, and although I`m unaffecetd as I`m in the UK I do hope some sense eventually prevails and those of you who want can have your accounts back.

odls, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its not just Amazon; a few other companies are dumping their affiliates in RI and NC. In a way, I do not blame them - you need to take this up with your political masters in the state.

Agent000, Jul 13, 2009 IP