1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using telephone # in Ad Title

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Caragift, Jul 27, 2006.

I am very new at the Google PPC. Is it a good idea to put a telephone# in the ad description? Would potential customers call w/o clicking?

Caragift, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so.

If they are really interested in your product they will click the ad to see the company details.

A phone number in ad may call attention of the and may increase the CTR% in content/search network - but not necessary will reflect the same effect for conversion ratio.

Micromag, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  3. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice try at reducing the money you spend on PPC, but i suggest trying to make ur headline as relevant to the search as possible, and your descriptive text should try to screen out people not looking for your product or just shopping around. Thats a good way to save money ;)

ewan, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  4. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    A lot of advertisers do use the phone number in the text but I agree that generally users will click through to the website if they are interested.

I believe it would be better to use the ad description to attract users who will be interested in your products and to use text which will help improve your quality score instead.

kevingibbons, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  5. mika123

mika123 Peon

Best Answers:
    don't go for that... I tried and didn't work for me...

mika123, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  6. kevinn

kevinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally wouldnt call, but an ad with a phone number would stand out more to me then other ads.

kevinn, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  7. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can afford a toll free no. it can work wonders, but depends largely on the kind of copy you place, you need to show the toll free no. only on most relevant keywords only.

seodelhi, Jul 31, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.