1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Get Started with PPC Marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ParthS, Jul 9, 2009.

I been getting a few questions through this forum. Here’s one that came in this morning:

Just wondering, are you making good money with adwords ppc ? you mentioned you made 1 sale. Is that good? May I know how do you choose your keyword and any tips for adword

Here was my response:
    Not that difficult ****. People make a big deal out of nothing.

All I do is go to the google keyword tool, put in a keyword that relates to my product, then grab all the 50-200 keywords that they suggest and put it into my list.

I make a few ad groups and see what happens. Start with 10 and every day, slowly get rid of the worst performing one untilyou’re left with just 3.

This is when you start testing out the actual ads.

Also, make sure you use the demographic feature. I cut down on the number of countries I was targeting to 13 because that is where i recieved my sales from.

I also made sure that only people between the ages of 25 - 50 clicked on my ads. No one else has money.

The sale I made was good, becuase I only spend $2. I’ve made mistakes and spent $20 to make one sale for a product that gives me $20 commissions. I’ve either broke evven or lost money.

This time, I sold a product that give me $8.90 commssion, so my profit was $6.90. Don’t always go for the high paying products.

Hope this helps.

Some things to add

- Here's the thing guys, I'm not an expert but the way I see it is if you can find a good converting product, no matter how much commission you're making, as long as your making a 50% profit, you'll find a way to scale it later.

- So, the product I'm talking about, this is what the actual conversion rate data looks like:

* Conversion Rate: 1/45
    * Average $ per Sale: $17.51
    * Hops need to make $100: 257

So that particular product actually has bonuses attached to it. Some people buy the basic product for $20, and others buy the bonus for $47. With all the sales, it averages out to $17.51

No, assuming that one sale costs me around $2. The approximate profit is actually $15. To get $100 per day I need around 7 sales. 7 x 15 is $105 bucks. With costs around $14-15.

This is only basic PPC straight to Affiliate sales. Once I add in a landing page, my conversion rates might fall to 1/35, which requires a different set of calculations!

Right now I'm doing two things:

- Trying to get more people to click on my ads. I have a $5 daily budget, but only around $2-3 are being spent.
    - Trying to figure out how to write a good landing page. I created a different ad campaign to try send traffic to the following landing page: http://fatlossprinciples.com/

So, this particular campaign has nothing to do with my blog or mailing list. I've decided to cut down on the number of emails I send out. I mentioned earlier that the majority of my sales come on weekends anyways, so there's no point in sending out emails. My new plan with my email list and blogging is to spend monday through friday gathering emails. So, no blog posts. All writing is for ezine articles. I'll send out one email on Friday night, and one email on saturday night. These two emails will be connected in some way, like a "mini-campaign."

BTW, do NOT use Dada Mail for you mailing campaigns. It was working great for me before, but yesterday I had a huge problem with it, and they couldn't even fix it! I had to start a mailing three times, which caused a few people to unsubscribe (but who cares, these are the people that don't buy from you anyway)

Right now I'm using Pommo. So far so good. I had three seperate mailing lists. I put them all together with Pommo and realized I had 1112 subscribers! But with so many subs, I'm not getting the kind of sales I should be. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there are a lot of kids and random people on my list that will never buy from me. This is why ezinearticles is a better way to grab emails. You can write your articles based on your target market.

Oh, last thing before I end this lengthy post - my free manual, I placed an affiliate link at the end. We'll see if it works.

*Taking a deep breath*

- Thanks for all the encouragement guys! And keep sending me your questions, they actually help me think about stuff!

ParthS, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  2. veracious

veracious Banned

Best Answers:
    wow a long post, but some good info. I have been doing PPC for a long time too and it works great and results are quick - you make money on a product or you don't. If you don't move on, pick something else.

About the 13 countries you mentioned - have you tried 1 campaign per country, this will make your CTR much higher and your cpc even lower. If this is too much take US out and put that into another campaign.

veracious, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  3. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip Veracious!

ParthS, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  4. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi mate, it seems you are a PPC professional.

tanakanewyork, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  5. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. Not even close. Actually I just closed my PPC campaigns today. I realized they're not as effective as email marketing. So I think I'll focus primarily on email marketing for now. The main idea is -

Article Marketing - Email Optin page, then Email to Blog post, blog post to vendor's site. I usually get 1-3 sales for each email I send out. Now, the larger the list, the more sales.

I crunched the numbers yesterday:

Affiliate Conversion Data

Dumbbell -

* Conversion Rate: 1/59
    * Average $ per Sale: $17.51
    * Hops need to make $100: 336

Gladbody -

* Conversion Rate: 1/60
    * Average $ per Sale: $15.61
    * Hops need to make $100: 384

NoWeights-

* Conversion Rate: 1/63
    * Average $ per Sale: $16.01
    * Hops need to make $100: 394

Goal: make $1250 per week

$400 with Superior Dumbbell Workout

* Need to send 1,344 hops

$400 with GladBody

* Need to send 1,536 hops

$400 with NoWeights

* Need to send 1,576 hops

Email list has 1125 subscribers

Even with my best converting product, I'd need to send more traffic to the site then I have in email list. I need to start thinking in the THOUSANDS. The only way I'm going to be successful with this is I have thousands of people on my email list.

ParthS, Jul 10, 2009 IP