1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Condemn: Xinjiang Riot

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Susan Zhang, Jul 6, 2009.

Some rioters burned and smashed vehicles and shops on Sunday night. 156 people dead and more than 800 injured in the riot. Struggle against separatism!

Susan Zhang, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  2. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Who is really rioting?

Uighurs or Han Chinese or both?

and why did so many people get killed?

sachin410, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  3. gamer

gamer Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn han chineses are attacking to Uighurs, so many people has been killed because of barbarian chinese government. Also don't call xinjiang, it is East Turkistan, homeland of Turks. Turkistan (or Turkestan) is our homeland since third millennium BC.

All Turkic countries must block poor quality chinese products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkestan

gamer, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  4. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    woo ..... u sound like korean (no offense to real korean) .

SonnyCooL, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  5. gamer

gamer Peon

Best Answers:
    World Bulletin / News Desk

Han Chineses attacked on Uighur workers in a dormitory of a toy factory in China's southern Guangdong province after an ethnic bawl, killing two people and injuring 118, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

In a massive night brawl at the "Early Light" toy factory in Guangdong's Shaoguan city, a group of Han Chinese attack on Uighurs from East Turkistan, in northwest of China, who had been recently recruited to the factory, Hong Kong's Ming Pao newspaper reported.

The violence lasted until the early hours of Friday morning and at least 16 were seriously injured, the newspaper reported.

About 400 riot police had to be deployed to quell the unrest as the rival workers battled, some with knives and metal pipes.

Around 600 Uighur workers arrived the factory in May this year, the newspaper said.

"Some people carrying metal pipes entered a dormitory to attack Uighur workers. But the Uighurs fought back with knives, leading to a fierce brawl involving hundreds," the newspaper said.

Uighur idendity

The factory was reportedly owned by Hong Kong tycoon Francis Choi, one of the city's leading toy manufacturers.

Uighur population is a largely Muslim naton with a culture close to other Turkic parts of central Asia.

East Turkistan has 8 million Uighurs and historical records show that the Uyghurs have a history of more than 4000 years.

The Uyghurs entered Islam in 934, during the reign of Satuk Bughra Khan, the Kharahanid ruler.

East Turkistan was occupied by the communist China in 1949 and its name was changed in 1955. The communist China has been excersizing a colonial rule over the East Turkistan since then.

Many Uighurs resent Han Chinese rule, complaining they're marginalised economically and politically in their own land, while having to tolerate a rising influx of Han Chinese migrants.

Meanwhile, human rights groups accuse Beijing of using claims of "terrorism" as an excuse to crack down on peaceful pro-independence sentiment and expressions of Uighur identity.

gamer, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  6. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    btw do u understand what i said ? Just for your knowledge, i don't eat dog ... i eat turkey ...
    And please post with some updated "NEWS"
    Updated NEWS Tuesday, July 07, 2009
    08:13 Mecca time, 05:13 GMT

Uighur exiles have rejected Beijing's accusations that they organised riots in China's western Xinjiang province that left at least 156 people dead.

Chinese state media reported on Monday that thousands of people fought with police and set fire to vehicles in the city of Urumqi a day earlier after a protest against the government's handling of an industrial dispute turned violent.

"It is common practice for Beijing to blame outsiders for any problems in Xinjiang, as it does with problems in Tibet," Alim Seytoff, a spokesman for the World Uighur Congress pressure group, told Al Jazeera.

"The root cause of the problem is really the Chinese government's long-standing repressive policies," he said.

Local officials blamed Rebiya Kadeer, a Uighur businesswoman who was jailed for years in China before being released into exile in the US where she now heads the World Uighur Congress, for "masterminding" the unrest.

"Rebiya had phone conversations with people in China on July 5 in order to incite, and websites such as Uighurbiz.cn and Diyarim.com were used to orchestrate the incitement and spread of propaganda," said Nur Bekri, the governor of Xinjiang.

'Profound lesson'

Wang Lequan, the region's senior Communist Party official, said that Sunday's violence was "a profound lesson learned in blood".

"We must tear away Rebiya's mask and let the world see her true nature," he said.

The protest was originally called after two Uighur workers at a toy factory in southern China were killed in a clash with Han Chinese staff late last month.

"This began as a peaceful protest by young Uighurs," Seytoff said.

He said that the clashes broke out when armed police and armoured vehicles moved in to forcefully break up the demonstration, opening fire on protesters.

The clashes were the deadliest outbreak of ethnic unrest to take place in Xinjiang for several years.

About 800 people are thought to have been arrested in the wake of Sunday's clashes, with police reportedly raiding university dormitories in the hunt for others who they believe organised the protest.

The Xinhua news agency said that the situation in the city was "under control" on Monday, with a nighttime curfew imposed and paramilitary police out in force.

'Powerful measures'

Local residents also reported that internet and mobile phone connections in Urumqi were unavilable - a shutdown that is becoming standard practice in areas of China hit by unrest.

"At present, the situation is still seriously complicated, Xinjiang will prevent the situation from spreading to other areas using the most powerful measures and methods and will safeguard regional stability," Nur Bekri said.

About 800 people were reportedly arrested after the unrest [Reuters/CCTV]
    One local resident contacted by the Reuters news agency said Urumqi, situated 3,200km west of Beijing, was "basically under martial law".

Witnesses said the protests had spread to Kashgar, a second city in Xinjiang, on Monday afternoon.

A Uighur man told The Associated Press news agency that he was among more than 300 protesters who demonstrated outside the Id Kah Mosque before being surrounded by police, who asked them to calm down.

China has blamed ethnic separatists and Muslim extremists for stoking unrest in Xinjiang over the past decade.

But critics of Beijing say many Uighurs are angry at political, cultural and religious persecution as well as the apparent growing presence in the region of Han Chinese - China's main ethnic group.

Local Han Chinese told news agencies that they were the victims of much of the violence in Urumqi on Sunday
    Source

SonnyCooL, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  7. Susan Zhang

Susan Zhang Member

Best Answers:
    You seem like a XX. Care your words!
    You have never be to China. How do you know the situation in China?
    So shut up!

Susan Zhang, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  8. gamer

gamer Peon

Best Answers:
    so will you stone me?

gamer, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  9. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi brother Susan Zhang,

I would like you to differentiate between muslims and Islam.

I am a Turk, yet I don't defend my people just because they are my people.

I love my people as I love myself, but I don't defend myself when I am wrong, I rather condemn it and try to adjust it as prophet Mohammad peace be upon him taught us.

I will not comment on what has been done there, it will be clear in the near future.

As a muslim, all people are my brothers, I would not limit myself to my tribe (though, I love them naturally), I would rather go beyond that to our father Adam , peace be upon him, who is the father of all human being. Thus all people are my brothers and you are one of them.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you. (1)

This is only a note that may benefit us all.

Islam is Heavenly thing, race is Earthy thing.

We might apply Islam, and we might use its name in wrong way, so differentiate between muslims and Islam.

Don't lose Islam because of any people, be you who apply it to benefit yourself.

Best wishes.

Polite teen, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  10. gamer

gamer Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you sure that you are a racially Turk? or a mixed person that live in my country? probably second one. you sounds like an arab.

gamer, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  11. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi brother gamer, :)

Why shall I say I am Turk while I am not?

I think it would be shame on me that I claim fathers that are not mine.

Even In Islam, it is not allowed.

12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Why can't you guys just get with the program and learn to riot after a sporting event like we do here in the US. If the Cubs ever win the World Series, Chicago's gonna experience another Great Fire.

Mia, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  13. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    Susan :
    thay why most of his post deleted :)

Polite teen :
    asalamualaikum, Some ppl don't even understand their own religion, Behavior, attitude and bla bla is nothing related to religion, just them self make it that way and blame it the other way (religion) .....
    Just for your knowledge, i'm not Muslim but very well understand Islam ...

SonnyCooL, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  14. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think of the Muslims who would sooner kill you than allow you to promote the website in your signature because of their understanding of Islam?

browntwn, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  15. Polite teen

Polite teen Guest

Best Answers:
    Wa-Alykasalam.

I hope your understanding for Islam will benefit you.

Best wishes.

16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    IMHO the Xinjiang riots aren't due to an isolated incident of one race attacking the other. The unrest had been fomenting for years due to the influx of the Chinese as well as the perceived/real inequalities and lack of opportunities for the Uighurs.

Granted that what China needs now is stability above anything else as USA and EU economy falter, the dependence on China own domestic markets increase. The world at large is also dependent on a stable and prosperous China more than anything else today. But for its own sake I guess that it is time the leadership of China look into the issues faced by the Uighurs and try to resolve them.

For such riots, mindlessness and violence take over, it is difficult to pinpoint who is at fault. The most important thing would be to restore calm and work towards the long and tedious road to racial harmony.

wisdomtool, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  17. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    Just for your knowledge :
    Late Friday, officials provided the first ethnic breakdown of the deaths in the fighting. The official Xinhua News Agency reported 137 Han victims, 46 Uighurs and one man of the Hui ethnic group. The report said the total death toll rose from 156 to 184.

SonnyCooL, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  18. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    no worry bro, it supported by many muslim, religion don't kill, is people kill and blame to religion ....

SonnyCooL, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  19. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I know. That is why I asked you what you thought of those Muslims who would kill your for your website. I assume you think they are a disgrace to Islam.

browntwn, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  20. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    ni hao,exactly right susan this guy knows nothing.
    he reads shit newspaper and wikipedia,
    gamer is jiba

Grafstein, Jul 11, 2009 IP