1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For Her Hijab, a Muslim Woman has been killed in Germany

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Polite teen, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Polite teen, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    From what I've read, is that it all started when the woman took her son to a park, and asked the man to give up the swing he was on, so that her son could use it. He called her a terrorist, and then later she followed up with a lawsuit against him for the name calling. On the day of court he stabbed her 18 times, and must have been planning it ahead of time, as he brought a knife into court. He murdered her in cold blood in front of her child, and she was 3 months pregnant as well. Her husband tried to help, but he couldn't save her in time. Polite Teen, I will agree with you that this was a horrendous crime. I'm not sure though, whether I would agree with the notion that this woman is some kind of martyr for the Hijab, it seems more that she just crossed paths with a lunatic. I've read in the community in Germany where she lived, that so many people muslims and non-muslims are shocked and dismayed, and this man will go to prison for a long time.

Rebecca, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  3. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My thoughts and prayers go to the family of this woman. What a shame for an innocent life to be lost this way.
    I hope that guy never sees the light of day outside of prison.:(

pingpong123, Jul 9, 2009 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  4. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I've lived in Germany twice. And this is not a normal thing.

hostlonestar, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  5. coduk

coduk Member

Best Answers:
    How the hell did he get a knife into the courtroom? When I've been to criminal courts, they scan and search you, and everything you bring in.

The guy is an idiot, he could have gotten away with a fine/warning, but he went and did this. Some people just confuse me.

coduk, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  6. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    People go nuts over stupid things. Sorry for the lost life.
    IMO though one shouldn't bring to court somebody over stupid things... I am sure anyone of us had been called some bad names, but we didn't bring anybody to court.
    A lot of muslims went nuts and many died because of a stupid cartoons of Mohammad. I know we all get pissed off sometimes, but on the next we should realize the best thing is to let it go....

The guy has committed a terrible crime and does not belong in the streets... He committed a crime based on his own hatred, not because of the instructions of the Christian religion or because the Germans want to kill muslims.

Truth777, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess we can try not to equate everything and anything with religion. The thread seems more keen to portray Muslims as victims and any other countries as aggressors. To me it seems to be a criminal case that isn't in anyway religion inspired. Perhaps we can have lesser of such threads and more indepth discussions instead?

wisdomtool, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What is that supposed to mean?

Mia, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  9. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, so many things wrong with this starting with the obvious insane and uncalled for stabbing by some whacko prick.

1) I'm amazed someone went to court over a name calling in a park. I personally wouldn't let the jackass get to me, but I respect her standing up for herself.
    2) The husband who tried to help was stabbed then shot by security by accident. This statement was released:
    I know he has tremendous pain and anger, but why release such an ignorant racist baiting comment with no factual backing? It's only going to spread more hate.

3) This is reported as to what was chanted by the mourners in her hometown Alexandria:
    So now Germans are enemies of God because of this guy?

4) Her broth then told the Associated Press:
    The amount of hate created against a whole country for the actions of one whacko who will probably be in prison for the rest of his life is amazing to me. How is revenge and hating a country going to help when the guy acted on his own not representing a country, nor is he being recognized in any way by his country for his actions in other than a negative way?

Then there's politeteen, adding stupidity to this already tragic, racial, hateful scenerio by saying:
    As if this is something in any way common and something people should be in fear of going to Germany.

Reseg, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  10. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well said, I guess we really have enough of such threads, be it inciting hatred for Muslims, Jew, Christians, you name it. Thread closed, lets have some real information and exchange of views instead.

wisdomtool, Jul 10, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.