1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Time to wake up to reality Christians!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Jul 2, 2009.

Well it's almost 6am and as usual, I can't fall asleep. Why not use my time in a (barely) productive manner and help people with the things inside their head that disturb them?

Why is Christianity the largest religion on Earth?

If you guessed "fear", you're probably correct. Fear as a motivating tool is incredibly effective, especially when used on people at an early age. (Like for instance, children who grow up around bible-thumping parents.)

I was talking to a close friend today and he basically laid out his fundamental reason for believing in the irrational things he believes in, "If I wanted to I could prove what I believe in is right, but it's unnecessary because I know that if I am wrong in my beliefs and I die, then so what, no big loss, but if I was right, and I was anything else BUT a Christian, I would be pretty glad that I'm not spending an eternity in hell."

Sadly, this is the #1 reason all Christians are Christian. Now I know that somewhere that's a logical fallacy but I'm not sure exactly which one (circular reasoning probably, again it's 6am). But let me basically tell you how this ridiculousness has evolved..

what I like to call, the Myspace Bulletin Effect. Some dumbass sits at his computer at 6am in his mother's basement (like I am now) and writes a lame, cheesy story and at the end puts an asterisk with something like, "If you don't repost this an axe-wielding serial killer will come into your house at 12:02am and chop you to pieces, put them in sealable bags and ship them back to his cannibalistic community of inbreds where his family will use your remains to stay alive for the next 3 months."

Now of course, just the thought of something like that will terrify you for just enough time for you to think irrationally. So sure enough the lunkhead reposts the bulletin because he is using the same logic, "well if I'm wrong then nothing happens, but what if he WAS going to come in and chop me up! Well this will prevent that from happening! Genius!"

And that's basically how dumb shit like rumors and Christianity has evolved to what it is today. You could say the Bible was the very first myspace bulletin.

That's not to say there aren't other angles of looking at this very quickly to see it's a retarded view. What about the other religions (myspace bulletins) which condemn you to hell for not buying their crock of shit? What then? Well, one of them is going to be right, and one is going to be wrong, and if you make the wrong decision as to which religion you pick, your ass is going straight to the fiery pits of hell for eternity because God loves you.

Time to get some sleep, don't flame the thread too much :D

ncz_nate, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  2. Unknown03

Unknown03 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree, but that part was just funny as hell! :D

Unknown03, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  3. H3llas

H3llas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes fear. but as christian countries evolve, fear is dissapearing.

also fear is the reason why Islam would become most wider religion in the undeveloped world.

H3llas, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  4. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also leprosy is not caused by sin but by bacterias :D

it career, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  5. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    That and those in Islamic countries that convert from Islam can be put to death.

hostlonestar, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  6. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nate only the right winged extremist christians say that people from other religions are going to hell. They say this because they want to interpret the words of god to be cold, stoic and with no emotion at all. If you read the story about the samaritan in the bible you will know that isnt what jesus christ is about. Where do u think the term good samaritan came from.:)

pingpong123, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  7. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    You didn't exactly finish that sentence (what with being so sleepy and all); so please allow me to finish that sentence for you:
    . . .so very much; but you don't love HIM, nor do you want anything, whatsoever, to do with HIM, and/or HIS Stuff (Eternal Life, Joy, Peace, Happiness, etc.); so for all of Eternity, HE (GOD) "loves you" enough to give you just what you want: HIM not to force HIMSELF (nor any of HIS Stuff) on you and just leave you to yourself.

Its not about a "religion". . .its about RELATIONSHIP.

Nehemiah, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  8. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right, right.. "He" obviously does not force "Himself" onto any of us, especially the remote peoples of the world who have never heard of Jesus, oh well, guess those suckers are gonna burn.

"He" is also clearly very tolerant and understanding of the people of different faiths who are also trying to seek "Him" in different ways, by casting them in to the eternal pits of hell. He's a real swell guy I'll tell ya.

"He" also clearly has given us an opportunity to learn from our mistakes by punishing us for an eternity. Sign me up.

Isn't it funny, that's what all the other religions say, "hey, wait a sec.. we're not a religion! This IS the only right one!"

Of the thousands of faiths and subfaiths, I'm sure "He" is just waiting for each of us to die so he can say, "Ha ha! Picked the wrong one sucker!"

ncz_nate, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  9. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Who among the so-called "remote peoples of the world who have never heard of Jesus" do you personally have knowledge of? Do you speak their language? Would their word for "JESUS" be the same as yours?

You are sadly mistaken here; The reason they're cast and will be cast into "the eternal pits of hell" is because, ". . .they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. (Romans 10:2-4)"
    You don't go to and/or accept GOD on your terms, but rather only on HIS Terms.

No "Sign me up" is necessary; All you have to do is to continue to reject HIS GIFT of Everlasting Life.

It probably would be "funny" if that is what "all the other religions" stated, but its not what they state. All other religions try to impress GOD by doing. . .TRUE Christianity comes to GOD, recognizing all that is necessary for Salvation and/or Eternal Life has already been done. You cannot earn/merit it; you don't deserve it; you don't add to it nor take away from it. GOD Freely gives it when we come to HIM only on HIS Terms.
    The "sucker" who burns in Hell. . .eternally. . .is the one who rejects this.

Do you know the difference between "religion" and "faith". . .according to Scripture?

Nehemiah, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  10. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Not to mention "Scripture" was not written by "Him", it was written by sinful men.

ncz_nate, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  11. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    But only after they came to "HIM" on HIS Terms, rather than theirs, huh?
    Did you know that David, "a man after GOD'S own heart", violated at least 6 of the 10 Commandments?

Maybe you don't understand, but GOD ONLY Saves Sinners. . .who recognize and acknowledge themselves [to HIM] as such. Moses was a murderer before leading Israel out of Egypt.

Nehemiah, Jul 8, 2009 IP
    tbarr60 likes this.
  12. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    My point is your Bible wasn't written by god.

ncz_nate, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  13. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    And my point is that GOD was/is in control of whoever wrote it (right down to ever "jot and tittle"). . .otherwise HE wouldn't be all THE GOD that Scripture states that HE IS, huh?

Nehemiah, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  14. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    And thus the Earth is flat;)

Roman, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  15. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Says who? God hasn't come out and said it has he?

So I can write something and say God was in control of everything I write without it being proven? Sounds like a classic salesman scheme.

ncz_nate, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  16. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Non-biblical thought leaders claimed that over the centuries but a spherical earth is presented in Isaiah 40:21-22: "the circle of the earth."

And if people still printing, reading, and studying your words in 2000 years I will be impressed.

tbarr60, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  17. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Isaiah, inspired by GOD to pen the following, didn't seem to believe as you do;) "It is HE that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: (40:22)"

Yeah you could, but it would have to line up with everything else that you've ever stated, without the slightest iota of contradiction. . .and if I remember correctly, I've shown you, specifically, elsewhere (some months ago) that every perceived contradiction that you thought were such in Scripture, were in fact not at all contradiction(s) once you examined and/or understood proper context, culture at the time, language, etc.

As for something "being proven", here's just one example: The procedure of putting a person to sleep before major surgery is not yet two hundred years old, but according to Scripture GOD put Adam to sleep prior to opening him up to remove a rib.

Nehemiah, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  18. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Those with the mind of CHRIST do think alike. . .AMEN!!!

Great answer.

Nehemiah, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  19. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :D You are back from heaven again :D
    That meant earth was a flat circle some thing like a circular plate , not a sphere, Please explain concept of sin and virtue now

Leprosy is caused by bacteria not by sin , now explain the following

Someone banging 100 girls not getting HIV but someone got HIV from blood transfusion , who is the sinner here

If the idea of sin and virtue is crap then so is the idea of hell and heaven .

it career, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  20. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Uh, wanna have a look at Buddhism?

It's much older than Christianity and has quite a global following.
    Ok, so there we have it. Buddhism has as much truth as Christianity.

LMAO. Someone get StOx in here, I couldn't make a response to that in a million years that would be as funny as his.

ncz_nate, Jul 8, 2009 IP