1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Post here sites that has more than 7% CTR

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by crowebmaster, Jul 30, 2006.

Hi

If you new some sites that have more than 7 % CTR post it here,
    To see how they blend their ads,

Thanks

crowebmaster, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  2. o2pb

o2pb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its against the TOS to disclose the CTR.

o2pb, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  3. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    I have many pages that get much higher CTR but it's not about blending, it's about ad relevancy. Actually, it's both but relevancy is more important. Well placed ads that are not relevant to the content of the page won't help CTR much, if any.

ahearn, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some of my best paying sites actually have a low CTR compared to the others.

dvduval, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  5. keyz

keyz Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites will get much more than that, but it honestly depends on ad relevancy. Blending is a small piece to the puzzle from what I have experienced.

keyz, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  6. valueman

valueman Member

Best Answers:
    CTR really depends on the type of site you have as well as your ad layout. If you have a highly trafficed site relating to jokes/entertainment, you'll get a lower CTR than a real content site with quality information. I have a varity of both.

valueman, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  7. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a find getting a ctr as high as that very hard, but i guess if you have a really good site and good ad placement it is possible.

chachacallis, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  8. Webmaster-Now

Webmaster-Now Peon

Best Answers:
    It has always been my assumption that

High CTR = bad web site

People leaves the site wherever they can. Most just close the window, others click on ads.

I prefer to bet on traffic, to satisfy people so that they come back, they tell their friends, they put links on blogs, forums and sites which lead to more trafic. And eventually more money in my pocket.

Webmaster-Now, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  9. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    High CTR doesn't necessarily mean a bad web site. It simply means that the site didn't give the user everything he/she was looking for, which causes them to click on ads to find more.

If a site provides exactly what a user is looking for, there is no need for them to click on ads. They will visit the site and leave. This is why forum and blog sites often have low CTR.

Therefore, a good strategy that works well (for me) is to aim for the middle of the road. Give your user quality information and content, but leave them a with a desire for more. You can do this without having a "bad site." Of course, this is easier to do on some sites than others.

Here's an example. I have a page on one of my sites that talks about a certain kind of loan. It explains in considerable detail about that type of loan works and what to watch out for, but it doesn't provide links to any companies that provide those loans. I want Adsense to do that for me. I don't think my visitors consider that page part of a "bad site."

stackman, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  10. tntrader

tntrader Peon

Best Answers:
    The sites I have converted to smArticle sites all averaged over 30% during July, with my two best performing sites averaging higher than 50%.

It doesn't take many visitors to increase income.

tntrader, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  11. billyzelsnack

billyzelsnack Peon

Best Answers:
    It is pretty easy to vary ctr quite a bit if you roll your own software for your site. It's all about profiling. More ads on low performing pages == lower ctr. Less ads on low performing pages == higher ctr. Currently my traffic is teh suck and I am aiming at higher, but not too high, ctr to make up for it.

billyzelsnack, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  12. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Not true.

CTR is measured as clicks divided by page impressions, not ad impressions. Therefore, it doesn't matter if there is one ad unit displaying a single ad, or three ad units displaying 12 ads, it's all one page impression.

Actually, the more ads you have, the more likely your visitors will find one to click on, raising your CTR. However, your overall revenue might drop because secondary ad units will have lower RPC per ad.

stackman, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  13. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    anything above 2% is above average IMHO. 7% sites must be few in number.

@stackman : more ads doesn't mean more probability of getting clicks. Thats the mistake we all make when starting new. if you look around DP's old threads you would find that most members suggest you to stick to at most 2 ad units and one adlink.

jacksmith, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  14. billyzelsnack

billyzelsnack Peon

Best Answers:
    stackman. Yes it is true that ctr basically means clicks per ads shown, but because of profiling you can determine pages with poor clicks per ads shown. Removing those pages does increase the overal ctr. It's pretty easy to see with just 3 pages.

5 clicks/100 impressions
    10 clicks/100 impressions
    1 clicks /100 impressions

Total that's 16 clicks/300 impressions. If we just don't show ads on the last page, it is 15 clicks/200 impressions or..

5.3% vs 7.5% ctr

Of course maybe that last page is consistently generating $5 per click so maybe it is worth keeping. Just more variables to play with.

billyzelsnack, Jul 31, 2006 IP