1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sara Palin Quits as Alaska's Governor

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by hmansfield, Jul 5, 2009.

Once again, Sara Palin has quit her post, this time as Governor of Alaska. Claiming an inconvenience to Alaskan voters as a "lame Duck" Governor, Palin has stepped down, with only mere months left in her sworn duty as the Governor of the State of Alaska.

Here's an opinion piece by Robert Schesinger if U.S. News.

Something tells me that we have not seen the last of her. If she is indeed gearing up to run for President, I'm gonna have to start a new blog just for the jokes alone.

hmansfield, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    What's most amazing is that her crazy supporters actually believe her that she's doing this for the "good of Alaska." Talking about drinking the kool aid. Palin-drones are out of their mind.

Zibblu, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  3. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Palin rates very low on protecting wildlife, she also put a bounty on wolves. They go out and chase them in airplanes until they are so exhausted they just can't run anymore, then they shoot and kill them. Under Palin's direction they also enter into wolf dens and kill all the wolf puppies. I realize people here would argue they have to do that because of population, and to be honest, I'm not sure what to say to that. That may be true that they have to do something, but there has got to be a better way to control the population. The wolf hunts are so cruel. I saw a video of the wolf hunt, and felt so much revulsion. It's just impossible for me to like Palin. That's fine with me that she stepped down, but hopefully she won't run for president. I wouldn't vote for her.

Palin-drones? Did you just make that word up, or did you read it somewhere??:)

Rebecca, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I hope she does run for President, that means Obama is a shoe in for 4 more years. Not to mention the jokes....oh, the jokes.

I don't see it happening...she doesn't take the heat very well. She still looks bitter that she has been attacked in the media for being completely out of her mind, and a hypocrite, not to mention her stupidity in foreign policy and government affairs.
    The tone in her voice seems to say that she still feels that she has been treated unfairly, forgetting how she called Obama a terrorist, and allowed supporters to shout racial and un-Americana rhetoric at her rallies during the election.

I am so tired of hearing her whiny "poor me, it's not fair" bitching. Hilary Clinton was called way worse, and they made jokes about Chelsea who at the time was much younger than the impregnated Bristol....and you didn't see her whining, but the difference is Hilary was smart enough to prove her worth and fight back with her knowledge, education, and intelligence, and Palin doesn't have that to fall back on.

hmansfield, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're absolutely right, I'll be happy if the Republicans came out with a strong candidate for 2012, I don't believe Palin is the one.

Rebecca, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I came up with with that myself. I'm pretty proud of it ;)

Zibblu, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  7. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand your side of it, and I also understand the other side of it which has people just as passionate about wildlife though you won't hear about them in the mainstream media. Many are concerned with the struggling caribou herds in many areas do to the wolves. This is one of the main reasons she has allowed this. If this is the case what else can they do? Feed them anti-preganacy pills? ;)

I would love to see a great discussion on topics like this with both sides of everything. I think there are many things to be said of her lack of experience and strange desire to run the show when she has a family that needs her. On the other hand I think the things people attack her for are usually retarded. Like her daughter getting pregnant. As a parent I know all I can do is try to teach my kids and hope nothing like that happens, but ultimately when they're teens, it's their decisions that can cause it, not mine.

Reseg, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  8. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Very true, and I think most people understand this, but when your life is the poster for "things happen", don't try and preach a guideline of morality for the rest of us to follow based on beliefs that didn't seem to work out too well for you.

Her life is the result of antiquated ideas, yet she still rides high on the horse as if she doesn't see the results of sticking your head in the sand.

No sex education, and Birth control information means that kids have kids, just like hers did, but she is too hypocritical to see how her answers may not be correct for everyone...she still feels she is right, even though her own life proves it wrong.

No man is qualified to lead the country on moral grounds, or decide what is in the best "moral" interest of 350 million people with differing beliefs and religions as protected by the constitution.

hmansfield, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  9. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Just throwing this out there, and I by no means shape or form like the woman, and would never like her, unless of course she appeared nude somewhere ;), but she is not a hypocrite for preaching abstinence and her daughter getting pregnant, no matter what you preach, kids will do what they want. If you try to argue otherwise, sorry, but imo you're ignorant. I think he running for president is about the most retarded thing the GOP could do, and they know it. IF they couldn't get a crusty white man elected with her at his side, they're definitely not going to get her into the prime time.

Until these people realize that trying to step in on how parents raise their kids, except in child safety issues such as abuse (I don't mean spanking), and forcing them to attend school for a certain amount of time (i.e. 16 like most states) is just to overbearing of a government, and most people don't want to be told how to raise their kids, they are not going to get anywhere.

That is one thing I love about Texas, they know where and how to stick their noses into parenting, but leave it up to the parents to do it. The government should not be teaching morals, keep religion out of school. They should not be teaching sex ed, thats for the parents to do. If the parents want to teach abstinence, let em. If they want to teach protection, let em.

hostlonestar, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  10. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I can agree to that point, i just don't see how she doesn't seem to be able to understand both sides of the coin and all possibilities, since she is living it.

As far as sex education...maybe it is a parents job to talk about dating, premarital sex, and such, but how can you have a biology class that teaches reproduction and skip over the human part of it...that's a little prudish if you ask me.

I think that it should be left up to the states, and it should be something that is voted on by the majority, however, for every parent that says that they don't want their kids to learn about human biology in school, or STD's in heath class, there should be either mandatory educational materials sent to the house for the parents, or the parents should have to take a test...I mean, let's face it...just because parents don't want it taught with the rest of the education doesn't mean that they know how to teach it either....I grew up with some pretty dumb kids when it came to sex education.

In my junior high school, there was a girl who was 12 years old, already had 5 abortions, tragic yes, especially since we didn't get sex ed until 13. She truly thought that she shouldn't be getting pregnant using the pull out method, and she learned that from her sister.

hmansfield, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If Palin was concerned about the "struggling caribou herds" why is she out shooting them?

Here's a photo from the LA Times of Palin posing with a caribou she just shot, if you're sensitive about that kind of thing though don't look though, as it's really sad.

You can read more about Palin on this website by the Defenders of Wildlife. It's about her support for the aerial killing of wolves and bears, Palins fight against protecting Polar Bears and Beluga Whales, and taking away the habitat of the Caribou. "Palin is a strong supporter of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a vital wilderness area. It is home to hundreds of thousands of caribou who use the refuge as a calving ground, more than one million migratory birds, and countless other wildlife."

Your statement saying "Feed them anti-preganacy pills?" was probably a joke, but is an example of thinking outside the box. Yes we can, they exist, in microchip form. Birth control microchips have been used in cattle, elephants, lions, cheetahs, and kangaroos, why not wolves?

Rebecca, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  12. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not one of her avid supporters. I did not think she was ready to run for Vice President, but I also did not think that McCain was the best Republican candidate to run for president.

She is stepping down for the right reasons, which the liberal press seems to ignore. She is not quitting. She is changing direction. As governor, she was a lame duck due to the viciousness of the liberal press, plus the continued legal attacks were costing Alaskans too much money.

She has been the target of a number of malicious, fabricated attacks by viscous liberals who are scared to death that she may gain some real traction for the next political race. 15 ethics violations were filed against her. She was exonerated on all 15, but her personal legal expenses are around $500,000 and the expense to Alaskan taxpayers is over $2 million. The legal attacks to discredit her are not only unethical, but should be illegal because they were all false.

The latest is a fabricated accusation that she is under Federal investigation, which has been officially denied by the FBI, but is still being touted in the liberal press as if it were true.

If the wacko liberals were not scared to death of her, they would not be attacking her like this. But, that is what they are good at. If they want to diminish someone's ability to become a strong political contender, they fabricate stories and try to destroy the person's reputation. There is not a single person who has stepped forward to verify any of the multitude of false stories that were fabricated about Palin during the campaign. They were all from "anonymous sources" and bloggers.

No one in the recent political history of the USA has been so unjustly demonized and vilified as Palin, with absolutely no proof to substantiate any of the wild accusations. Keep in mind that prior to the presidential campaign she was the most popular governor in the country, based upon state popularity polls, in which she enjoyed an 80+% approval rating. She was a very good governor who did a lot to clean up the political corruption in Alaska. Much of that former corruption is likely behind the current attacks on her and her family.

Now that she is leaving active politics for a while, she is free to go out on the lecture circuit where she can make some good money and build a war chest to advance her political ambitions. Let's see where she goes from here. She is not a quitter and she is not fading off into obscurity. That is just wishful thinking on the wacko liberals.

TechEvangelist, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  13. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea, the picture doesn't tell much of a story other than she's with a dead animal lol. I'd guess it's 1 of 3 things:

1- Either it's a old picture (10-15 years) before there were problems with caribou populations... or before she had a clue of the population problems

2- She's a lying cheating twit who says one thing and does another

3- That area is like the US and deer population, while one area may have a struggling population and disallow hunting, another may have overpopulation and allow extra hunting to avoid disease and other problems overpopulation causes.

I'm sure, as usual people who don't like her will pick the worst explanation while those who like her will pick the one that doesn't make her look bad and nobody will want to hear the other side of the story.

I really dug to try and have good counter points against Palin when she was announced. There were a lot of things to question like you're bringing up, but all had a potential reason behind them some may or may not believe. I remember the polar bear issue of her not wanting them to be protected and I read this:
    http://www.adn.com/polarbears/story/413710.html
    After looking into about a dozen or so issues people were bringing up against her to see which side I would take I found that everyone was only telling one side. I'm not saying which side is correct but I think she gets hammered by the press and haters to the point it's an obsession with people refusing to believe she might have a reason other than being a worthless twit.

Because the government spends enough of our money on stupid shit... but if it doesn't cost much, sure. But I find that hard to believe the government couldn't do it without employing another 100 people on top of the tools, equipment, and materials.

I'm not for going out and shooting animals, but it's been human nature for thousands of years to HUNT, just like animals eat animals. What's next liberals will want to come up with alternative food so animals no longer eat other animals and the killing can stop?

-----------------

So, now I see on the news this morning many are saying her reasoning behind leaving is a lot of what she said. The people out after her and her family with many investigations that keep getting thrown out are costing her and Alaska a lot of money while taking away from her ability to govern. Whether you believe that or not, it IS a perfectly valid reason. So either she's telling the truth and really cares or she's ditching to go make a buck but I think we all need to look at BOTH sides before taking one simply because we like her or not.

Stop being a pawn to the party or group you follow and/or taking one side on account of if you like someone or not (not you, speaking in general to people posting about politics).

I feel that if people can't lay out the positive facts to consider for both sides of something, they're not informed enough to take a side or speak for one. While I'm not pro-Palin in any way or want her as President at this point, I feel the people after her are for the most part being ridiculous.

Reseg, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  14. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Palin will very likely be making $25,000 to $50,000 or more per speaking engagement on the lecture circuit--and her schedule will be full. She will make more money in a week that she was making as governor in a year.

She will also be sparing the state of Alaska from the continuing falsified legal attacks from the liberals who fear her.

As for the photos of her hunting caribou, you have to remember that Alaska is a hunting state. I have hunted and fished in Alaska. Hunting and fishing make up a good part of the economy.

There are millions of caribou in Alaska, so the caribou population is not threatened in any way. Caribou herds are enormous, especially during migrations. The fact that she is a hunter only strengthened her popularity with Alaskans, who are overwhelmingly hunters and fishing enthusiasts.

Rebecca, I would not put much faith in the anti-Palin web site you found. There may or may not be any truth in the claims made on that site. You will probably find hundreds of other sites just like it, which were put together by liberals trying to do as much damage to Palin's reputation as they can, and it doesn't matter to them if they do it dishonestly. Palin did not put a bounty on wolves. A governor cannot do that. The legislature and the Department of Natural Resources controls hunting regulations.

15. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoever pays Palin more than $100 for a speaking engagement will be screwed. What could anybody possibly learn from her anyways? Maybe some shopping tips?

guru-seo, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Man you use the word "Liberal" a lot.
    The bottom line is, when you piss people off, and use the office for a personal agenda, you had better have all your ducks in a row...she did not.

Politicians having to answer for their actions is nothing new, it happens everyday on both sides of the coin, the difference with her is, she is always whining about it, where as other politicians (When they are right) know how to defend themselves, make their case and move on..she doesn't know how to do that...she is still bitter and pointing fingers at the "liberal" media, even after all the terrible things she said and insinuated about Obama during the campaign.

People don't forget dirty tactics, and inflammatory rhetoric like "Palin' around with terrorists" very easily. That was a very low point in American Politics (maybe the lowest) and it came out of her mouth., over, and over, and over again.

She didn't have the arsenal of Education, Intelligence, and Experience that she needed when one jumps on the main stage and starts saying that "other people" are doing it wrong, or unethical.

She got caught with her pants down....here comes this person talking a big game, bad mouthing the opposition, and claiming to know how to "fix" the system, and then we find out that she's an idiot and has no clue how things really work...THAT's why people like targeting her..because she jumped on the main stage with a bunch of rhetoric, but was not ready for prime time. She couldn't back it up.

This is politics. It's not fair, and it's not pretty. If she wants to run with the big dogs, then she needs to be able to to piss in the high grass like all the rest of them. People want to know that you have the balls to fight when the going gets tough, not quit. No one is going to ease up on her because she complains, if anything, it will get worse. I am so tired of her "Boo-Hoo"ing about how "Other people" aren't playing fair that it is sickening.

During the campaign.She and McCain were dirty..Plain and simple, and now she's getting it back, 2 fold. Payback is a bitch in Politics, and when you attempt to throw mud on people, you had better be prepared for the consequences if it doesn't work.
    Funny, I don't see any high ranking Republicans coming to her defense. She created the despise that so many have for her, on the campaign trail, and now everything is not fair...Pa-leeeease !

I would have had more respect for her if she had stuck in there and fought to make her change, instead of quitting because "They don't want to play fair with me"

They didn't play fair with Clinton, but he stuck it out and finished the job, and finished it well.
    They didn't play fair with Carter, but he stuck it out and finished the job.
    They bad mouthed and made fun of Bush continuously on SNL, with monkey cartoons, and just about every media outlet in the country , but he stuck it out and finished the job.

,,and now people think that she can lead a country...get real. She has quit every post in Alaska when the going got tough, with the exception of Mayor of Wassilla, not to mention she quit 4 colleges before finally getting a 2 year degree at the 5th.
    She quit her post on Alaska's Energy Council, and then had the nerve to use that in her campaign as experience.
    She has never finished anything..

She's done !

hmansfield, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  17. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know, there are plenty of places looking to restore wolf populations - and it really isn't that hard to hit them with tranquilizer darts - considering they use the same tactic of tiring them out, shooting them with the dart, then caging them up for an overnight plane ride to whatever state previously extincted their population out of fear for their cattle.

Jackuul, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  18. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Good point.
    she going to go to a bunch of colleges and speak to people with more education than her, who actually finished something ?

I think she would be a big hit with white Republican Women's Groups, like "The Daughters of the South", "The Confederate Alliance", or small religious junior colleges.

She will never command the respect on the lecture circuit like a Hillary Clinton. Condoleza Rice, or even Anita Hill...all those people are educated.

19. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    The fact that she was completely exonerated of all 15 baseless charges proves that this statement is incorrect.

Are you saying Ayers was not a former terrorist? By his own admission he was. He escaped conviction on a technicality. Obama's relationship with Ayers went way beyond what Obama officially admitted. He lied to cover up the depth of his relationship with a former terrorist.

Obama has far less management experience than Palin. A Senator has no managerial experience. Sure, she did not go to an ivery league school, but then again she didn't have the mysterious connections that paid for Obama's education. He has never stated where the money came from.

You didn't find out anything. You only know what the liberal media and bloggers have told you. Not a single one of the wild accusations made about Palin has been substantiated by anyone.

She hasn't done this at all. Sure, she responded when the liberals starting attacking her children, but what good mother would not? Clinton's child was off limits, and the Bush girls were pretty much off limits, but not Palin's kids. The wackos even made a claim that her Downs Syndrome child was not hers, but was her daughter's kid. Like I say, every wild claim about here has been fabricated and unsubstantiated.

You obviously were not paying attention every time Obama said he was not going to attack McCain or Palin, and then did before he finished his statement.

Once again, another wild unfounded accusation from the liberals. She never made a statement that even remotely mentioned what you are saying.

And of course you can substantiate this statement with facts. :D

I am a conservative, but I did not vote in the last election because I didn't think either candidate was qualified to be president. However, the attacks on Palin have gone way beyond anything we have seen in American politics for a long time. If liberals thought she had no substance, they would ignore her. The fact that the attacks are so malicious and widespread shows that they actually fear her. If you really though she was an idiot and did not deserve to be Vice President, then you should never have supported Biden. His reputation for saying stupid things is substantiated almost every time he opens his mouth.

20. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    They were not baseless, and when a complain is made, it get's investigated. She doesn't get a pass.

Show me proof of this.

He got student loans, and paid them back, just like hundreds of thousands of other college students every year.

I listened to her speak ! I saw the interviews with Katie Couric and ABC News interview with Charlie Gibson, remember when he asked her about "the Bush Doctrine" ? ! Where were you ?

Sure some of that may have been out of line, but it was more about the hypocrisy of being against sex education, yet having a daughter that had none.

I'm watching CNN right now! They had an interview with her just about an hour ago where she alluded that she couldn't get anything done because of the resistance to work with her and lawsuits against the state. IOW, they didn't want here there.

# Attended one semester Hawaii Pacific College
    # Attended North Idaho College
    # Attended University of Idaho
    # Attended Matanuska-Susitna College
    # Graduated University of Idaho with Bachelor of Science degree in Communications-Journalism.(that's a 2 year degree for anyone keeping score)
    # Unsuccessful bid for lieutenant governor of Alaska in 1992
    # Appointed to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, where she served for one year.. She quit stating that it was a puppet position (even though she campaigned forthe appointment) and she hated the drive to the capitol.