1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Twitter effectively as a marketing tool

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by ms2134, Jul 7, 2009.

Twitter has become one of the largest social networking sites in the present era.

Twitter can play a vital part in the growing of an online business or the amount of traffic that a website can receive.

Most effective uses of Twitter in such cases would be to build a big list of followers by keeping good content on your website and placing content updates on Twitter.

When you have a deal that you would like to promote, allow it to be once you have 100+ followers from your content.

If these people visit your website from your updates then they are interested in what you have to say.

This is a good 96% of the time because people follow others on Twitter because they think what they have to offer (content wise) is worth tracking.

The Three Twitter Marketing Stances?
    There are three main stances that you can show whilst using Twitter to Market a website or Product.

Once you have chosen one, you must keep to it in order for it to work correctly but slight ajustments can be made.

The Spammer - Build lots of followers through your website content and when you feel you have enough of them, SPAM the Updates with your Site details or Promotions. (This may lose you follows).

The Casual - Use Twitter as a normal user that just wants to work his website into Twitter, keep a steady amount of followers and give a "business" update once a month.

The Smart - Keep a close eye on the trending topics on Twitter and watch out for any topics which could be related to what your website content is about and then do an update about it but making sure that you have the right trending topic name within that update in order for it to be picked up and viewed.

Best of Luck,
    Mike

..............................................................................................................................
    Do you like this? - Follow me on Twitter (Mike Swan & KCSolutions)

ms2134, Jul 7, 2009 IP
    PressGuy and Jeremy Morgan like this.
  2. AskTheTrainer

AskTheTrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good post. I think twitter is like icing on the cake for most internet marketers as it is really easy to use and takes minimal effort.

AskTheTrainer, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  3. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is correct and thank you for your comments.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

~ mike

ms2134, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  4. Paul8368

Paul8368 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mike,

I like your post and agree Twitter is one of the most important social networking sites currently alongside Facebook. There are many people looking at current trends including myself. I am using a technique which I learned from an e-book called Twitter-pated which you can download from my blog site. I didn't write it myself but I have found it extremely useful and have been getting leads by following the strategy.

Its a free download, quite long so its better to read it rather than me try to explain it.

Paul

Paul8368, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  5. PressGuy

PressGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Good post......Rep++

PressGuy, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  6. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the Rep, always appreciated since i had some people giving me Minus for sheer hell of it; or so it seems...

Over the next few weeks i shall write an E-Book and post a free link to it here on some of the best ways to get leads.

I am an honest website hosting company owner and have been in business for over two years now but i have found that Twitter has more tricks to it than what meet the eye.

This will more than likely be a few page guide on basicly what i have discussed above and also some extras that i have on Search Engine optimization and Online Marketing.

~ Mike

ms2134, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  7. Dinesh_add

Dinesh_add Active Member

Best Answers:
    good post mat... relay some thing for news... keep it up ....

good luck

Dinesh_add, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  8. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ms2134, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  9. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yet another dumbasss thread on this HIGHLY overrated twitter, filled with dumbass noobs who posts shit, just to post, and, they don't even know up from down when it comes to getting traffic.

copper12, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  10. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. I'm more of the "casual" type than the other two.

Pixelrage, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  11. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Copper12: I find this offensive! - Remember the rules, do not post to offend people!

I do know how to get website traffic, if you think you know better please let me know but you just hijacked a thread with offensive comments.

Markn26: Twitter is useful.

ms2134, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  12. gapsapman

gapsapman Banned

Best Answers:
    Good stuff, i never tried twitter yet so this could be worth considering. Personally i think twitter is lame but it's very popular among people so as IM , you have to tap into that.

gapsapman, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  13. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is Lame, i agree but it has its uses :)

ms2134, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  14. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I offend stupid people. They, you, do not count.

Besides, all you did, dumbass, was to start another thread on this, and it has already been mentioned, God knows how many other times before, by other dumbasses who don't know shit either.

copper12, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  15. naha72

naha72 Banned

Best Answers:
    Good points. Not sure if I should make people follow -using - if you follow me I will follow you.

naha72, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  16. Lufern

Lufern Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that is true, Twitter is getting famous nowadays, and a lot of online business relies on it
    in making the development of their sites.
    I am planning also to start Twitting but I'm still busy

Lufern, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  17. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    twitter is also a potential platform to get followers to digg, delicious tag, social bookmark tag your posts on blogs etc.,

anglefourfivemedia, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  18. rapiddealer

rapiddealer Peon

Best Answers:
    good post buddy...M also doing my marketing on the Twitter..It gets targeted followers for my CPA links!! :)

rapiddealer, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  19. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^- (With this, you have worded it with incorrect grammer so i am unable to understand whether you are calling me stupid or not?)

^^^^^^^^^^-(IT works sometimes but its best to get follows through good content because they need to be unique follows to use them for Marketing)

(Tweet about what you do every now and then and provide some content via articles or blogs, etc.)

It is yes, there are many tricks to it.

This is always a good idea.

ms2134, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  20. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol which is another reason why you, along with the others here, are an idiot.

Thank you for showing your stupidity, again. ;)

Damn, that was easy.

copper12, Jul 8, 2009 IP