1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Happened to Genuine Directory?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by snakeair, Jul 5, 2009.

Like the title states... what happend to Genuine Directory? Looks like a suspended hosting account right now. www.idk.in/

The directory has not been the same since new owner took over long time ago. The blog was not updated that often for starters. :(

I think i should check other paid directories i have sites on more often.

snakeair, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  2. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    It may be that the new owner is still working out a few kinks, don't jump the gun so quick. After all it is the holidays and some owners refuse to do business during that time. Give it some time, this has happened to me before, I leave town and forget that the hosting fee is due. Not everyone searches the net and checks emails with their phone you know. Some prefer to just wait until they get home to check stats.

banless, Jul 5, 2009 IP
    Professional Dude likes this.
  3. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Normally such things do happen to a popular site when sold. The original owner always gives more attention to his baby whereas the new guy tends to take things lightly.

Incase of IDK after syed sold it, I did see the new owner working on it, but as banless suggested maybe the owner is out on a vacation?

Normally I always check my business emails even on a vacation ;) .. I don't know how others work without it! :)

humm, Jul 6, 2009 IP
    Professional Dude likes this.
  4. Professional Dude

Professional Dude Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, as others said the new owner might be away or on vacation. Hopefully it will be back online.

Professional Dude, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  5. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its sad to see the project left behind that I started and sold. I am sure Steve is probably on a vacation. Yes I agree, the blog is not updated very often, not many template releases which happens when a new owner takes over. Hopefully this will get resolved.

smub, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  6. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well i didn't take into consideration it's a holiday weekend here in the USA so he could be away from a computer. I really hope things get better for the directory cause the new changes after you had sold it was good changes and things sorta went south.

Hope the directory is up soon, i have another site to submit. I still love IDK with all the features the directory has.

snakeair, Jul 6, 2009 IP
  7. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

I would say give it a few weeks or even a month as sometimes you cant avoid
    what happens, maybe he is having financial issues with his home/car/family/death lord
    knows everything that can happen in life... (we had one of our best new websites go down
    for over 15 days due to server crashing and coder was on vacation so...ya just never know)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jul 7, 2009 IP
    syted likes this.
  8. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    the site is one of popular web directories, IMO it will be relaunched very soon no worry.

WallaceYeung, Jul 7, 2009 IP