1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

twitter and affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Luq, Jul 4, 2009.

has anyone tried this? how effective is it?how many followers do you need?would i need a pre sell page or could i try my luck with directly linking to the product? what niche would suit best? any experiences, tips, opinions appreciated, thanks.

Luq, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  2. ReachConnectionSolutions

ReachConnectionSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally think is a waste of money. i m slowly growing my twitter followings with out any help.

@bingdevelop

I started using twitter about last week, and last night i gained about 70 new followers.

All I did was visiting @bing and started following Bing's followers. some people follow me back. so I plan to keep doing this. and start following people of different people.

specifically, what it is twitter account about? find people who are tweeting about similar subjects and start following their followers. that's my plan without paying a dime

3. ReachConnectionSolutions

ReachConnectionSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    also something else i found in dp, start submitting your twitter accounts to different twitter directories.

@bingdevelop & @reachconnection hope you can follow me

4. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @computerrealm, branding my blog i guess, but i cover a range of topics and communicate with my followers too.

yeah i joined wefollow, which is pretty much the most popular twitter directory around, i am not sure if i've got any followers from there though.

Luq, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  5. OMGretards

OMGretards Peon

Best Answers:
    I use myspace and i think if you can add enough people which there are programs out there that help you add people automatically you can get enough friends to get some traffic to your site

OMGretards, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  6. blognbucks

blognbucks Peon

Best Answers:
    Feedburner is better then twitter.

blognbucks, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  7. Preetyzinta.info

Preetyzinta.info Banned

Best Answers:
    feedbuner have no relation with twitter. any way money making and health is good niche in twitter

Preetyzinta.info, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  8. PressGuy

PressGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a waste of time for affiliate marketing now there are too many people doing it.

All you have is thousands of people auto following each other and auto tweeting their affiliate links to people who are doing the same thing.

PressGuy, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  9. handsome rob

handsome rob Peon

Best Answers:
    You're not going to sell huge amounts of some product on twitter unless your followers already see you as an opinion leader on a subject they're very interested in.

handsome rob, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  10. alleyn

alleyn Member

Best Answers:
    so wat other ways are there of making money?

alleyn, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  11. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info everyone looks like it doesn't do too well with affiliate marketing, how about sponsored tweets?

Luq, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  12. Pearlydean

Pearlydean Peon

Best Answers:
    OK the thing with Twitter is to create a relationship with your followers before you even start marketing to them.

I have a lot of followers on my main account and tweet jokes and quotes on auto, however I also interact with my followers using tweetDeck and have got to know quite a few of them quite well now. I try not to tweet promos directly to them either but instead ask them to read my latest blog posts - on my blog are links to any affiliations or products of my own.

It takes time but done properly it works well.

Cheers
    Keith

Pearlydean, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  13. yayangshufa

yayangshufa Peon

Best Answers:
    i think this method is now being saturated

yayangshufa, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  14. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply keith, building a relationship is the main step towards affiliate marketing via any method, I am looking to build a closer relationship with my followers, but I am having trouble finding the time.

Luq, Mar 9, 2010 IP