1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question on the no follw Attribute

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Garyhvactec, Jun 12, 2009.

I am building a website on recipes, cooking etc. My question is well I have some salad recipes on my website and I have some salad dressing recipes.
    Now in with the ingredients to some of my salad recipes I have a link going to a salad recipe for that salad. I may have some links pointing to a dressing recipe page 20 x on my website. Should I use the (no follow attribute in the links going to the salad dressing.
    Also I have a salad dressing recipe page and the salad dressing link is there to, that one I would not put a no follow on but the ones in the salad recipes I should ?
    Thanks in advance Gary

Garyhvactec, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  2. HorseGalleria

HorseGalleria Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a reason you don't want search engines following the links?

HorseGalleria, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  3. aniroy1986

aniroy1986 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search engine will follow those links, but won't count them as votes while determining PR.
    Garyhvactec, I can't understand you well. But if you are using internal linking in your site, it is always better to do it dofollow.

aniroy1986, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  4. Garyhvactec

Garyhvactec Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I asked this is because I viewed the source of some other websites and they had the nofollow attribute in there. Well one site had on the top of every page just before the ingredients to the recipe a link going to calaries for the meal. and that link had a no follow in it.
    I was not shore. but if the search engines follow them and don't count them then I guess its Ok.
    working on my website for the past 4 months and I am little over 500 pages into it. traffic is at a trickle 500 to 1500 visits per month I did not back link it yet.
    I did submit it to the main search engines.
    Thanks you for your replys

Garyhvactec, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  5. philamental

philamental Peon

Best Answers:
    You are talking about your site or one that belongs to someone else?
    You say its your site then you speak of another.
    I am confused.

philamental, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  6. poster

poster Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are using links to external sites, it's ok to use nofollow. Or are those internal pages?

poster, Jul 2, 2009 IP