1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US bombing of Hiroshima Nagasaki was it a act of terrorism?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by new, May 19, 2009.

?

US bombing of Hiroshima Nagasaki was it a act of terrorism?

Poll closed May 29, 2009.
  1. Yes, terrorism

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No, that was not terrorism

23 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    *laugh* Yes, you directed that question toward Will.Spencer, not me.

So you've essentially told me *I* don't understand because you can't force Will.Spencer to respond to your question. That's brilliant! :rolleyes:

I understand just fine.

Perhaps you don't understand that you simply can't force people to respond to you. I've already stopped taking you seriously. Now you're just on ignore. :D

m42, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  2. new

new Peon

Best Answers:

could have 'very likely' saved but DEFINITELY killed many

If a war breaks out between US and china, should china nuke bomb america dozens of time as otherwise we don't know how long the war would last ?

new, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  3. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmm so this thread isn't about isn't killing of 1000s and 1000s of innocent people terrorism or war crime because it it was done during war?
    You all guys talk about what that act did but you all simply avoid to answer the question OP asked: was is terrorism or not?
    I only expanded it a bit and asked: since when deliberately killing innocent people during war isn't war crime?
    You won't answer it because you are afraid and avoiding with lemmetytobewitty comments. Of course I can't force you to answer questions but that tells us something about the question itself, right?

iggysick, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    People die in war -- both military and civilians. We get the government we deserve. The Japanese declared war on the United States, not the other way around. The deaths at Hiroshima and Nagasaki are the responsibility of the Japanese government.

Civilians have been dying during war for as long as humanity has been around. Governments have been bombing other people's cities since the technology has been available, with slings, catapults, canons, baloons, airplanes and rockets.

If you really wanted to know why these aren't war crimes, you would simply read the source documents instead of whining on an Internet forum like a petulant child.

Start with The Rules of Land Warfare and go from there. It has a good list of reference documents to get you started.

Will.Spencer, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  5. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a true statement.

Again, our projections indicated that the casualties would have been much higher had the bombs not been dropped. But the scenarios behind those projections thankfully never played out.

I think that would depend on what China was hoping to achieve. ;)

m42, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  6. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    The difference between the US and Japan back during WWII and China and the US now is that we all know the horrible after effects of the nuke now. Not only that, if China tried that they would be assured to be nuked into oblivion after their first missile launch. Since WWII the US has practiced a "respond in likeness" policy, not a first strike policy when it comes to WMD's.

The US has learned from using nukes that it really isn't the answer, which is why the weren't used in Korea. Weren't used against Iraq, either times. Or any other conflicts the US was apart of. You two really crack me up though, its ok, but, browntwn is right, you guys should take a look in your own back yard before accusing the US of things.

hostlonestar, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I was the third post on the thread and I directly answered the question. You must have been too busy trying to figure out what indefinite meant to notice. ;)

Now I am just pointing out what a hypocrite you are pretending to care about war crimes or killing of innocent civilians. I must have missed all your posts where you speak out against Islamic suicide bombers or against the 9/11 terrorist attacks on US civilians.

Do you really think these kinds of threads do anything but show your unadulterated hatred of America? (Actually, I think deep down you hate your own religion and your own country, but have no outlet but to express hatred of America. It is okay, I forgive you. In fact, I wish for you all the freedom and liberty that me and my family have. American freedom is wonderful.)

browntwn, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  8. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for not answering my question again. "People die in war" isn't exactly valid argument when we disscus is deliberately killing innocent civilians during war a war crime. Also, "they started it first..." is garbage argument but I guess is strongest you have at this point...
    And it funny that you actually suggest me not to disscus on disscusion forum! :D

Nope, you didn't answered the question I've asked you: since when deliberately killing innocent people during war isn't war crime?
    Should I point you to that post? I guess that you are smart enought to find it yourself so look it up.

So I am not allowed to disscus in this thread because I didn't disscused in threads about 9/11 terrorists attack or in threads about suicide bombers?!?
    There's rule about that?!? Where? I must have been missed it!

Oh cmmon! This post is fucking hilarious! :D
    You even don't have fucking clue where I am coming from and which religion I belong too yet you post such claims! buahahahahahahahahaha
    Seriously, you "americans" have some many issues that it isn't even funny. Noone simply can't have any kind of disscusion about anything that US done without hearing same old whining "you hate us blah blah".
    And actually you have no idea how much I give a shit about you...

iggysick, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter what religion you are. I think, based on your posts on this forum, that you are ashamed and embarrassed about your beliefs and your home country and are simply desperate to lash out against America like some over-emotional teenager. I don't really care whether you are a Catholic, a Christian, a Jew, a Buddhist, or a Muslim - the point is that you are a fool.

browntwn, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  10. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    This post doesn't deserve answer at all but I'll use it to show it to kids in my country so that they can have good laugh.
    It's beyond wildest imagination how the heck you came up with such hilarious stuff! :D

ps feel free to try answer questions sometimes (I mean if you are able too) just for a change. Soon enough you'll run out of ways to avoid them.

iggysick, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sadly its probably you are they are laughing AT, not with...:eek::D;)

Mia, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  12. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting us know Mr. Secretary. May I ask you when this policy was declared ?:rolleyes:

So you agree that it was wrong to use the nukes, great!

Yes, we will have a look in our backyard but 1st let us discuss your problems, specially this complex that you have that 'everyone hates me :cry: :cry: :cry: '

new, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  13. LbR

LbR Banned

Best Answers:
    The true fact about America is "They Don't want anyone to get greater then them , if any Country tries to get better America Destroys them."

LbR, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What?

You do know what we are talking about here right? WWII? Not an alternate reality. You really think that America dropped a bomb on an enemy that was hell bent on our own destruction because they felt they were better than us?

How old are you anyway?

Mia, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  15. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Who are you quoting?

m42, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  16. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    New, do your own research, you apparently know nothing of the US. But, I'll give you a hint, it was a long time ago.

When you act the way you do, one gets the feeling that jealousy is emanating off you.

And LbR, you have no idea what you are talking about, when you quote someone, you really should attribute your source. Otherwise, your just like moreplayerz. At least new gives us sources sometimes.

hostlonestar, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  17. H3llas

H3llas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it was genocide not terrorism.

H3llas, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  18. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you americans have any shame? To me it seems like you are proud that you chose to kill (some might even say 'execute') a little more than 100.000 civilians (mostly women, children and elderly) to save your own ass. And you even justify it as a brave decision. Only 2,740 died 9/11 and you are still crying about that. You even started a new war due to this (or whatever reason you are using now).
    To me it seems like you have a lack of self-criticism. If you refuse to see your own mistake, then how are you ever gonna to make better decisions in the future? Or do you all beleive that America is the perfect country which has never made a single mistake?

siflur, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  19. new

new Peon

Best Answers:

Great, You hit the nail right on the head
    :cool:

new, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  20. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The choice of nuclear weapons at the end of the Second World War was to force surrender. We had already lost so many lives, it was the only logical choice at the time.

Jackuul, Jul 5, 2009 IP