1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

landing pages

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by diatre, Jul 1, 2009.

does anybody have any links they can give me for info on a good landing page?

can you still just have one basic page with a little info and a referral link or do you have to have a bunch of articles on the landing page?

maybe could you please provide an actual "good" landing page i could view.

thanks!

diatre, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  2. jayw1988

jayw1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    jayw1988, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  3. SEO

SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your product or verticle?

SEO, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. Fletch_123

Fletch_123 Peon

Best Answers:
    check out this link at Slideshare regarding landing page optimization(type in 'landing page' in search box-

a bunch of great visual slides of how others are increasing efficiency with landing pages

Fletch_123, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  5. Fletch_123

Fletch_123 Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry, forum won't let me link yet..guess to see if im non-spammy!

Fletch_123, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  6. veracious

veracious Banned

Best Answers:
    There's a great landing page webinar by Gauher tonight at 9pm EST. No I'm not affiliated or am promoting him, just know that its going to be good from what I have seen his stuff in the past. It's free.

Pm me and I can send you the webinar details, don't want to paste the link directly here.

veracious, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, what does a "good" landing page mean to you? The only thing of consequence is how well it converts. That's my definition. A page converting at 2% is better than the one converting at 1% but I always want a better page.

Jay's page to me is not that great. I could be wrong (I've been wrong before) and only he knows how well that page converts but it doesn't make me want to get that book.

There are books on that sort of thing. One I like is Maria Veloso's "Web Copy That Sells".

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  8. diatre

diatre Peon

Best Answers:
    well i hear all about these quality scores and stuff and getting denied from google.

im just wondering if you have one page can you get a good quality score or do you have a bunch now?

im new to this and i read recently that google was trying to get rid of "bridge" pages so im just curious as to what ended up happening out of all of that

diatre, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  9. diatre

diatre Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont have a specific one yet, but im just trying to figure out how to get started

diatre, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  10. jayw1988

jayw1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well actually its not complete I've not even proof read it yet. and its only a test. Some of the copy may not sound right with some of the keywords I've crammed in there, but when I start an Adwords campaign at least 1/3 of my keywords will hit 9/10 to 10/10 QS. And no I'm not exaggerating...

...But if I don't keep a high CTR the QS will drop to 7/10.
    Also the point of my landing page is not to hype up the product, its to get a high QS and to give a seemingly unbiased review so the visitor is more likely to believe the hype on the merchants sales page.

It also doesn't matter which page coverts the best its all about which one makes the most money. Example: You could have one page getting a 20% CTR and a 2% conversion rate and another getting a 50% CTR and a 1% conversion rate, even though page 1 gets a higher conversion page 2 will make the most money.

jayw1988, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  11. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you don't need a bunch, but you do need a few. At a minimum I recommend having a Privacy Page and a Contact Us page. You could also throw in an About us Page if you want.

Zeek

zeekstern, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  12. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Jay says, QS is more directly related to your CTR. While Google won't say for sure, it is estimated that CTR has a weight of 60% (or more) in the QS calculation. The landing page's weight is much smaller (10 to 20% ?) and a large portion of it is for its loading time. Therefore, put more effort in improving your ads for higher CTRs. Your landing page should be optimized for closing the sale.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  13. fisher34

fisher34 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with the reply above - click-through rate is by far the most important thing to get right, so make sure your keywords are relevant when you first start an adwords campaign and bid a little higher than you want initially so you get into the higher positions (and therefore obtain higher click-through rates). Then over time you can lower your CPC.

Having said that I always add links to a few extra pages in the bottom navigation, such as contact, about, T&Cs, privacy policy and a general resources page. It's not really necessary to have all those pages though.

fisher34, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  14. NameNetwork

NameNetwork Active Member

Best Answers:
    first post on a thread from 2009 Jason ... ?!

NameNetwork, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  15. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And, we need to think about mobile users are also while creating landing page.

rajamanickam.a, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  16. Clickthroo

Clickthroo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would advise a separate landing page for each of your main adgroups, and then split-test within each of those 'segments'.

This way, you get both super-high LP QS, and great conversions, optimized over time.

Good luck!

Clickthroo, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  17. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has changes greatly since this thread was first started. No longer can you use a simple landing page, to use google you pretty much need a fully built out page like you would build for seo.

ChrisBa, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  18. Pankaj pandey

Pankaj pandey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google is not indexing my website title tag ?? please tell me why ?? n what reason??
    please check :- skyknect.com

Pankaj pandey, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  19. WebTechHosts

WebTechHosts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality Score = Good Landing Page + Relevant Keywords to Landing page + Click Through Rate on those Keywords

Better quality score 9+ - google reward you with discounted keywords, therefore easier for you to bid at the highest place on Adwords.

Good Landing Page - Have some way of capturing your customer data (free quote form or analysis).

WebTechHosts, Dec 16, 2014 IP