1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

php framework

Discussion in 'PHP' started by mdrobiul, Jul 2, 2009.

HELLO guys,

I mainly became php programmer reading wrox books and some others too. I did not get any chapter with "php framework"

wrox book had chapter callted "unit testing framework"

local companies are asking for a skill called "php framework" and I don't understand it what is it? what php framework means?

Can you help me in this regard??

mdrobiul, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A framework is basically an organized pattern (usually the MVC pattern) to develop php sites and applications. They facilitate a system of methods for code organization. This allows any developer familiar with the framework to work on a project with minimal re-learning. It also allows quick code recycling, and very fast development due to pre-defined functions and helpers. Once you learn how to use one, they can greatly increase a single person's coding speed and overall application stability. On the downside, they usually have a brutal learning curve especially coming from a non-MVC programming background. They are also significantly slower than standard procedural or even light OOP coding.

The most common are Zend, Symfony, Codeignitor, and CakePHP.

If your goal is becoming a professional PHP programmer, you should have one or two under your belt. Personally, I like Symfony the best, but a lot of businesses are leaning toward Zend. If I were to pick right now with the direction of getting a good PHP dev job, I would become very proficient Zend, and learn the basics of the others that I listed.

jestep, Jul 2, 2009 IP
    Bohra likes this.
  3. AODSolutions

AODSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Try CakePHP, its easy to understand, get used to MVC things first.
    Then you can switch to Zend.

AODSolutions, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  4. mdrobiul

mdrobiul Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys. it makes sense to me. i got basic ideas of MVC and learned Smarty and some others things from MVC chapter of wrox professional php book. I just learned smarty very efficiently from MVC chapter because i had to work for theme design for serveral sites and the themeS were codeD with smarty. i just wonder they did not mention that it's also related to concept "php frame work"

mdrobiul, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  5. newgenservices

newgenservices Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If your project is simple, you can even try PHPFuse by Jim Keller. You even have a nice video to get started on their website and YouTube just like other screencasts provided by other frameworks.

newgenservices, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  6. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days people prefer CakePHP

Bohra, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  7. HorseGalleria

HorseGalleria Peon

Best Answers:
    HorseGalleria, Jul 2, 2009 IP