1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

God doesnt exist

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DeadPeopleAreReal, Jun 30, 2009.

God/jeesus does not exist. I am going to give you the theory of what happens to you when you die. As soon as you die, your brain stops functioning, your heart stops beating, and you cease to exist. You are simply turned off like a light bulb, (when the light bulb is turned on everything is bright and beautiful, but when turned off, nothing exists "darkness")

So basically you turn into nothing, and will see blackness for the rest of time

(so there isnt really any worries when you die, as you wont know your dead, or is going on, becuase you, yourself will just be nothing in this universe, life is done with forever.)

This is why i am atheist. People whom believe in religion, makes it comfortable for them to think that everything life was, wasnt pointless, and that there is something beautiful after you die...( which gives them peace of mind ) but unfortunately everything was fake just to give humans a peace of mind after death.

This theory of mine, is the most logical thing to happen when you die.

please express your thoughts, and disagreements/agreements with me, im interested to hear. Thanks

DeadPeopleAreReal, Jun 30, 2009 IP
    chatrapathi likes this.
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You may be right.

Just out of curiosity...

I assume that you do not believe in ghosts? Do you believe there is such a thing as a soul? Do you believe in the supernatural, psychic phenomenon, third dimension, lucky charms, anything like that?

Rebecca, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  3. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @DeadPeopleAreReal i have to agree with you 100% with everything you have said.Once your number is up thats it,i personally am not into any religion but i also dont condone if anyone else wishes to have a faith.

Mega B, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  4. DeadPeopleAreReal

DeadPeopleAreReal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not believe in any supernatural, nore ghosts... A soul, I do believe in, as i can see it does exist... It makes people "People" which makes them have their own unique personality, and their own "life"... But when your dead, your soul "uniqueness" is gone forever...

DeadPeopleAreReal, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  5. kidtechguru

kidtechguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with some of the points which you've written.

kidtechguru, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How do you really define a soul, is it just a "unique personality", or is it something more? After all, isn't it your brain that is actually responsible for your personality? Do you think the soul is part of the brain, or something seperate? Do you believe micro-organisms have a soul? Does an insect have a soul?

:)

Rebecca, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  7. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

Are you sure???

God promise?? ;):p

mdvasanth86, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  8. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok prove your theory by turning on light again on a dead body , I mean bringing him back to life.

it career, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  9. webmasterh1

webmasterh1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, but even if we would eventually "not exist" we could actually exist in another form of matter or time. This is not some bs, science is still exploring these options. As far as religion goes...Heaven does not exist...

webmasterh1, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  10. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    A simple theoretical consideration can serve as indirect proof for the inexistence of god:

Fact 1: There are dozens of different kinds of gods that people on earth worship (also the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim god is not the same, although the religious people like to say it is. He thinks very much differently when looking at those three, so he can't be the same)

Fact 2: There are scientifically proven differences between the brains of men & women, black & white people, etc'. But these differences are minor, they just related to the way of thinking and to perception, and not to the ability to deeply analyze things or to be intellectual in general.

Assumption: There is a god.

Consequence: The followers of this god are right, all other humans are wrong. Which leads to another consequence, that the followers of this god are human which are much smarter than all other human beings on the planet.

Hence, the consequence of the assumption that god exists contradict the scientific knowledge of today (fact2).

Conclusion: ----> God does not exist.

ChaosTrivia, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  11. GMBRDILOS

GMBRDILOS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not believe in god, and I also cant understand one thing, if You ask a question to which a person, who believes in god, cant answer he says that it's god's willing or the answer can say only god.And one more thing, as we know there are a lot of religions and some points in them are against to each other, so whom to believe ????
    It has a simple answer god doesnt exists, and the religion is a way of gathering people and society.

GMBRDILOS, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  12. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Rubbish thread.

falguni1, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  13. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But I BELIEVE that there's someone who created us, this world, the space, the galaxy etc...

geekos, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  14. se_p800

se_p800 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    People who believe in God, do you also believe in Farther Christmas?

I agree with the OP 100%. I'm supprised, I really am at the number of religous people who genuinely believe in God, life after death and such, especially with Biological evidence for evolution etc. Also, although I do not condone anyone with religion, imo if there was no religion there would be a lot less/no war.

se_p800, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  15. Unknown03

Unknown03 Peon

Best Answers:
    If what you say is, in fact, true, then what do people who believe in God have to lose by praising their deity of choice? NOTHING.

On the same note, if the "lightbulb goes out" and all we see is darkness for the rest of time, then that assumes that we STILL have consciousness to experience the darkness --> some people call that Hell (the absence of God, life, and love).

Unknown03, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  16. Highena.com

Highena.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Time! Perhaps the most precious thing we have if there is no life after death. What a waste to spend it praising something that doesnt even exist.

Highena.com, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  17. Dennis M.

Dennis M. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Before people continue to try to "disprove" Heaven, you must realize scientific study is out of that realm. Science is the study of the natural world, and Heaven would be considered supernatural. It is impossible to either prove or disprove, and is solely based upon your religion and faith.

I personally believe. Not because I am one who is afraid of death. If it was lights out as you say, and I cease to exist, what would I care? I wouldn't exist to feel or even be, so it does not really affect me. I do not find any harm in trying to live a good person by following a religion at all. I feel religion is a good handle so if you feel lost and empty you do have SOMETHING. Yes. It's a crutch, but that is what God wants. I respect all of your opinions and I hope you would respect mine, but to make your judgments based on scientific theory and not exploring yourself is asinine considering science has absolutely nothing to do with religion. A true scientific theory neither proves nor disproves religion in anyway. The two are complimentary, not contradictory.

Now, having considered your point of view, you may very well be right. I have had personal experiences with in my life which tell me otherwise. Sure, they may just be coincidence, but why take the chance? Now, one of the most brilliant of all philosophers said this:
    Just think about it ;)

Regards,
    Dennis M.

Dennis M., Jul 1, 2009 IP
  18. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why post? Troll

TBH I think there is no life after death per say, but, at the same time there is. I think there is a parallel universe in which your spirit/soul goes. I don't think you just turn off. I believe you are conscious and can interact with things. But, this is based on personal experience.

I think there is no God though. But, hey, these are my beliefs, they're just like butt holes, everyone's got one :D

hostlonestar, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's very interesting, it would explain ghosts.

Rebecca, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  20. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I'm glad I know what to expect when I die. Now is this advice coming from someone who has died or is this just more speculation from someone who has no experience?

ncz_nate, Jul 1, 2009 IP