1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google count external links to the same domain

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by nakkileuka, Jun 30, 2009.

Does Google count all external links to the same domain?

some-pr8-site.com has 3 links to my site on the same page.

On a page some-pr8-site.com/page.html are links:

mysite.com/page1.html
    mysite.com/page2.html
    mysite.com/page3.html

Does Google count all of them or only the first?

nakkileuka, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  2. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Peon

Best Answers:
    No one truly knows but the general consensus is it counts all of them but they split the pr juice.

CyberGlitch, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If the links point to the same domain they are referred to as internal links.

dcristo, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  4. HollowCore

HollowCore Peon

Best Answers:
    Google certainly would read and record the anchor texts to each since they are separate pages. As far as the value Google would give to each page though, I'd agree with Cyber, it makes sense that Google would just divide the PageRank values over the links.

From what I've read, there was time when Google may have only indexed the keywords from the anchor text in the first link it found to individual sites. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore though. My Google webmaster tools shows the keywords for links that are on the same page with each other.

HollowCore, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ^^ Actually it would make more sense that google would pass more link juice to external links instead of internal links (even though a good internal link structure is important).

dcristo, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  6. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does count more than one backlink on the same domain. I noticed this with the backlinks that come from article directories and DP.

kbeus21, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  7. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    I thing yes.. bcz found in G tool bar many link from same domain.. and may be will not get the same link juce as differ domains..

rena, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  8. nakkileuka

nakkileuka Peon

Best Answers:
    One more question. If those links are not pointing to the same domain but different domains on same shared hosting server (all domains have the same ip address), does Google treat them different than domains which have unique ips?

nakkileuka, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  9. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to say yes. They are treated different. If they weren't millions of site would have issues since most smaller sites are on shared servers.

CyberGlitch, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  10. Scripter

Scripter Peon

Best Answers:
    First question: Multiple links from different subpages of the same domain are still better than just one link, but they count less than the same ammount of links from different domains (assuming the strength of the domains is similar to the single one).

Second question: If the links point to different domains, it's irrelevant if the domains they point to are on the same IP, it's certainly better than having them all point to one domain if you have the choice. Only if you overdo it and all your domains have the same link sources and are maybe even interlinked, you could run into problems.

Scripter, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  11. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he phrased his question wrong.

The question he is asking is if someone else's PR8 page has links into 3 of his pages do they all get credit.

Answer: Yes they do.

They each get the juice in a varying degree. PR words in a sliding scale. Links at the top of the page or the HTML of the page get more weight then links towards the bottom of the page. Obviously three links next to each other would have very similar weight. The differences we are talking about could be considered the difference of one percent of one percent.

All of the PR of the page will be shared with all of the links on the page. So if there are dozens of links you can expect a lot of help. If there are hundreds you can expect no help.

V_RocKs, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    yes they do. For the purposes of the initial calculation. Dampening factors may be applied afterwards.

contentboss, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  13. larik2210

larik2210 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, google will count the three links.

larik2210, Jul 2, 2009 IP