1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many of you have achieved financial independence with AdSense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by foreverhired, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Night Owl

Night Owl Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent to hear Forever!! We felt the same... making money for someone else by doing what we could be doing for ourselves... no longer what we wanted from life.

It takes dedication and an ability to really get stuck into the work needed. Self discipline. Integrity at all times and adherence strictly to Adsense TOS and creating good valuable-to-your-visitors sites. And it takes time... it's not a get rich quick scheme in most cases. Lots of research and developing skills... especially SEO... helps tremendously.

I think one of our greatest advantages was that my husband had been creating and developing a site for his employer, and put Adsense on it, and learned by experience over 2 or 3 years what worked and what didn't. So, when we decided to branch out on our own, he already had a wealth of experience and knowledge. So, even though the sites were new, they were created with prior knowledge. Of course, you have to keep up to date too, as things change.

Yes, our traffic is organic. We have some good (free) links too from high rating sites who consider our site/s worth promoting. We also get a lot of repeat traffic, especially through our free competitions and movie ticket giveaways- we have a good working relationship with some entertainment promoters here. Not that this particular traffic gets us a lot of clicks, but it is spreading the word and increasing traffic to the site, which helps in more ways than just the clicks. You really need to think beyond just the clicks... visitors can help you in other ways... so, what will bring people to your site, and at least keep some of them coming back...

The time and effort put in is definitely worth it, and is paying off now, in more ways than just financially. We've had our main site for close to 2 1/2 years now, and although we continually add to it and update, we now have so much more freedom to spend time doing what we want and love, not "working for the man". It's all about creating the lifestyle you want, and living now, not just existing, or waiting for retirement age to "live". And not having to answer to an employer... your time is your own... and even though you have to be committed to use at least some of it working on your site/s, it's a totally different feeling. And you can more or less work your own hours... to fit your life.. rather than trying to fit your life around work.

Do make sure that you have significant emergency funds on hand as soon as possible, in case... it's a fickle business. About 6 months or so expenses is a good idea. And expand into affiliates too, if you can.

Good luck! hope you can find the success we did!

Night Owl, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  2. coolvision

coolvision Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently making 3,000 $ plus / month, I also set up my part time business from the earnings of AdSense with the Blessings of Allah.

My suggestions to Adsensers work honestly, work hard and be patience.

coolvision, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  3. akeblogger

akeblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using adsense for 1.5 years, but still don't earn that much.
    I started from nothing, now I have around $10 a day.
    I'm trying to increase my traffic from back links. It will increase my revenue to $100 a day someday :)

akeblogger, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  4. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this! I hope your business prospers!

foreverhired, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  5. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense live as long as we put efforts so if someone stop putting efforts then money flow decrease day by day.

I do not get good life with adsense but atleast i have something to do in life because of adsense and learning on daily base.

Yeah no doubt i spend adsense money without taking care what i am doing. So ADSENSE ROCKS ... I LOVE G

Jalpari, Jun 29, 2009 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  6. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree it is a constant learning and adapting to what life throws at you. We have to be ready for the challenge.

Thank you for sharing this with me.

7. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much!

8. NetProGamer

NetProGamer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the big websites I go on or come across have Adsense on, take a look these forums for example - 364 Alexa rank.

I also know that there's more money to be made selling your own product or someone else's but I am just trying to suss out and make some money from Adsense for now and plan to invest all profits back into my blog to make it bigger and better!

Good luck all!

NetProGamer, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  9. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you have huge ammount of traffic ? How about the cost of it ?

Personally after almost 2 years with adsense, i think you can't make a lot of money with it. Best that can happen is .. i dunno ... 300 $ per month ?

Cagliostro, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  10. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with AdSense is not fluctuation. AdSense is actually very steady compared to other sources.

The real problem with AdSense is sudden termination. Google can and do terminate accounts even though the publisher has done absolutely nothing wrong. There is almost no chance of reinstatement. People buy into the "Do no evil" thing and do not believe me when I tell them that Google are, in fact, capable of doing great injustice.

If you must rely on AdSense, use relatives to open separate AdSense accounts, and make sure each of your websites has its own AdSense account. That way, you won't lose ALL of your earnings all of a sudden.

monosodium, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  11. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree, it's an unfortunate thing. Just the other day I was checking my email and saw an email from AdSense - and just like that my heart rate increased! And then I thought, I am not gonna let myself live in that kind of fear! Well, the email was about something else.

I am just going to use AdSense as long as they let me to, I guess.

12. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    A word of warning regarding the social networking aspect.
    I was earning upwards of $300 a month on Google SERPS through Digg.com in my niche.
    My account at Digg was suddenly deleted, along with every submission I ever made on that account.
    Earnings went down to $12 for June "just that fast".

The Adsense carrot is fleeting more than you know.

Claymation, Jun 29, 2009 IP
    uttampegu likes this.
  13. uttampegu

uttampegu Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the word of caution! I also get good traffic from digg.

uttampegu, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  14. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to achieved this you need hard work and a lots of traffic to your website with original content that makes visitors comeback everytime..

config_error, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  15. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If i make $1000 per month, i get financial freedom.

Now i achieved 40% of my goal.

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  16. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:

A 40% of the goal is great! If I ever function at 40% of my goals, I will be happy.

17. mpak11

mpak11 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am earning presently $300/month from adsense after one year of working on my website...its not enough for me considering the huge amount of time and energy i spent on it...so this month, i added a clickbank product to this website and made $200 less than 2 weeks...so i am thinking that my energy is best spent on affliate mktg instead....adsense takes a lot of work and i think you have to wait years to make a decent income if you are just an average online marketer.

mpak11, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  18. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Could you share which clickbank products you added? I am interested.

19. eastmobiles

eastmobiles Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, I have been thinking that too or selling your products will make you more money?

eastmobiles, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  20. kellyfish

kellyfish Banned

Best Answers:
    If base on adsense income alone....it is NOT advisable... what if one day google ban your adsense account Suddenly ??

Diversify your income....

kellyfish, Jun 30, 2009 IP