1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon may drop all North Carolina affiliates

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by tobycoke, Jun 17, 2009.

1. amazingthingshappen

amazingthingshappen Peon

Best Answers:
    You do not understand - I moved away from NC several years ago and was unable to update my address since. It is ILLEGAL not to allow me to update my address where I live, especially that I can prove that I live outside of NC. Also to register a new affiliate ID would mean changing that ID in many thousands of items on my websites. I do not sell anything on Amazon.com, so I don't have to pay any sales tax. With the other business I do sell and I do pay my state's sales taxes. Amazon.com affiliate website clearly is a failure.

amazingthingshappen, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  2. cxy007

cxy007 Member

Best Answers:
    How hard it is to do a "replace all", even you have thousands of place that you need to change.

cxy007, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  3. odls

odls Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read on the Amazon forum from a member that Hawaii could be next on the list. There could be a time when the only Associates Amazon US will have are those living outside of the US.

odls, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  4. Glottis

Glottis Peon

Best Answers:
    One mysql query is all you need to change the ID tag in the links. In Wordpress for example:

UPDATE `wp_posts` SET `post_content` = REPLACE(`post_content`, "OldAmazonTag", "NewAmazonTag")
    Code (markup):
    If you redirect, all of these links could be in one single file. Like cxy007 said, you just replace all instances of the old id with the new one.

So if you were successful in making money with Amazon before, just open a new account.

Glottis, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  5. amazingthingshappen

amazingthingshappen Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no such magic button on my website, I do it all manually, piece by piece, not a programmer. You know how much they cost. I use Front Page Express (html). No mysql or yoursql. In fact I now have only one ID and I already replaced all the links with that ID. Appreciate the code, but I don't know how to do it.

Some of the folks on here who say that Amazon did the right thing disallowing to change an address have no idea.... because it is a bug of some sorts. My other account's address change works, but my those 3 very old account does not. Amazon says must have to do with the because the very old accounts, they have no idea what their websote is up to.... Their website never was very functional.

amazingthingshappen, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  6. footodors

footodors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They just terminated all accounts in RI as of today.

footodors, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  7. amazingthingshappen

amazingthingshappen Peon

Best Answers:
    That will "help" the US economy for sure...

amazingthingshappen, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  8. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    they terminated me of course since i live in nc,but what happens to the $29 i have had in my account for a year now?do they just keep it?if so,thats bullshit!!

templates, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  9. Frontier

Frontier Peon

Best Answers:
    Therein lies the problem. Lies. Legal bait & Switch. Too many loopholes for our leaders. They should be held just as responsible as the general public.

In response to YMC: I would like to see the look on their faces if you walked up to one of them and explained that to them in person. Say bye-bye to those income taxes you were getting under the old laws. Those leaders and any that choose to follow in any other of the United States will reap what they sow. ;)

Frontier, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  10. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    templates - will it let you switch to payment by gift card? The limit for that is only $10. Sure you have to buy something from Amazon but at least you'll get something for your efforts.

YMC, Jul 6, 2009 IP