1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Page Rank Zero

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by yellow55555, Jun 28, 2009.

Hi,

My website got links from some highly PR site for my related keyword. But my google page rank is zero. Anybody can help.

yellow55555, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, PR is not only about links, work more on your contents :)

Anyway, don't worry too much about this green candy bar, focus to your search engine rankings and targeted keywords.

JessieJames27, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  3. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    well there can be many factors behind this reason. i can help you but i will be needing the URL of your site

shailendra, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  4. vicky123

vicky123 Banned

Best Answers:
    it will take time for google page rank export which is called toolbar export.

vicky123, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  5. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, you could work as hard to get a PR5 then it could go to zero...

Shazz, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  6. NatashaMe

NatashaMe Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah its not really about JUST the LINKS but the CONTENTS also really matters.
    You have to do regular updates on your site. Then combine tactics that would make it
    have PR sooner and later.

NatashaMe, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  7. KEEWIRDZ

KEEWIRDZ Guest

Best Answers:
    I know I'm not the first to say it, but I just want to repeat: Content, Content, Content. That's all there is to this game. If you don't got it, you won't get it.

KEEWIRDZ, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  8. Ste-HitSearch

Ste-HitSearch Peon

Best Answers:
    im glad im not with you for seo! page rank is only about links. Content can only affect pagerank when you have good content and people LINK to you. If you look at any snippet of how page rank is calculated then you'll see its all about links.

oh btw, check the link again, see if their page rank has held, or see how many external links theyve got, if they have too many then your probably not getting any weight from it.

Ste-HitSearch, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  9. In4Om

In4Om Peon

Best Answers:
    May be it is yet to get get updated...how long have you been waiting after linking to those high PR sites. After you have links on those pages, those links need to get crawled and then your page. So this process can takes months. so, please be patient.

In4Om, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  10. nidhivishwas

nidhivishwas Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait for some days. In next google PR updation, you will surely get a pr

nidhivishwas, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  11. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a common misconception that if you get links from a high PR site, that your PR will go up drastically. But this is a myth for many reasons:

1) People think that if the home page is PR5, for instance, and they get a link from a page on that site that they have just gotten a PR5 link. FALSE. It's not likely that you'll get a link from their home page. Instead, you are more likely to have gotten a link on one of their inner pages which is NOT a PR5. If the inner page where your link is placed is, say, a PR1 URL then regardless of what the home page's PR is... you have a PR1 link.

2) How much PR gets passed out is based not only on how much PR a page has but also on how many outbound links that page has. So a PR5 page with 600 outbound links might not pass you as much PR as a PR4 page with 100 outbound links.

3) The links from that site might be NOFOLLOWed especially if they are blog comments. Did you check the links?

4) The links might be on inner pages of that high PR site which are NOT indexed. If the page where your link occurs is not in Google's index then Google will not count that as an inbound link. You get no credit for the PR. You get no credit for the link text. They, essentially, don't know the link exists.

There are lots more reasons why this situation could occur. But who cares really about your PR. I would concentrate more on getting rankings and traffic stats and less on what your PR is.

Canonical, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about PR just work to gain rankings

w3bmaster, Jun 29, 2009 IP