1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I build FAST links for a new site?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by spycraft, Jun 27, 2009.

Hello all,

This is probably one of the most common threads in this section, however, after scrolling through the various similar threads, I have failed to find an answer to my question.

I see many people asking how to build fast links and the answers are as follows:

Comment on blogs
    Submit to directories
    Social Bookmarking
    Software Submission
    Forum Posting
    etc... Most of us know these already.

My question is, how can some people have 100+ sites with more than 5k links on each? I am guessing that the answer to that is simply an auto-posting application. That's all I can think of.

I spend about 3 minutes in order to make a nice comment and get it approved on a serious blog. 10 comments would take me close to half an hour. Same goes for directory submissions... Am I crazy or does it take LOADS of time to find the appropriate section to put your site?

Let's assume that I am slow and that the average person takes about 2 minute to do any of the above. 5k backlinks would take about 12 days, assuming that the person doing it gets 8 hours of sleep on an average. I find it hard to believe that this is the case.

I think that it's safe to say that a bot gets into play. In that case, can someone tell me what are the risks involved in using such an application? I hear that building massive backlinks within a sort period of time can get you banned. Can someone use one of those applications and limit it to say 10-20 links a day? That would be safe, right?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Also, I would be interested to find out if there is ANY other way to build links fast. By fast, I mean no more than a backlink a minute, from start to finish.

Thanks so much in advance for any tips that you might offer!

spycraft, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  2. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Too many links at any one time will look 'unnatural' to Google and you might get penalized.

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  3. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Can there be the same problem if, let's say, I submit my site to too many free website submission services?

foreverhired, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  4. detourinteractive

detourinteractive Peon

Best Answers:
    i disagree heavily with this statement. Too many links at one time at worst will end up in the links being ignored by Google but they will not do you any harm.... if you could harm a website with too many links at once what is stopping me getting a link spamming script out and putting all my website rivals in there and spamming for days watching them fall out of the rankings? Also take the tragic death of Michael Jackson last week, the story was initially broken by one website which was then linked to by hundreds if not thousands of other websites within a matter of a few hours; you telling me that Google will then kick this site out of the rankings because people are finding it useful and are linking to it?

detourinteractive, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  5. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Good points. It sounds like any advertising (good and bad) benefits a website owner. I will keep it in mind.

6. pitagora

pitagora Peon

Best Answers:
    i strongly disagree with this. You will have the whole keyword devaluated. You risk loosing your rank for the particular keyword you use in the spammy links. This has happened to a lot of people, me included.

As for virulent campaigns like the one you mentioned....it will not affect the website if it's old and with authority. A new site will probably be buried for a long time though. I can give you concrete example of this: norc.ro. It's a streetview service in Eastern Europe. When it was launched a few months ago they had a very aggressive marketing campaign, that they literally had thousands of blog articles linking to them in a few days. The result: banned in google.

pitagora, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  7. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow. Yes, I see a lot of references to your site but I couldn't find the URL itself. That's shocking.

I watched a video the other day about this and when that happens you can try to appeal to Google webmaster team. Have you tried doing that?

8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Automated = crap
    Maybe they have large team and outsource such jobs ..

w3bmaster, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  9. qbert_seo

qbert_seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    These forums are an excellent well to build links quickly. Check out the webmaster marketplace. I am not suggesting this is the best route, but if you are looking for quality links at fair rates then go there. Buyer beware... make certain to check the backlinks of a domain and not simply its PR.

qbert_seo, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  10. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Can anyone suggest good websites to submit a link to?

11. Acne Tips

Acne Tips Peon

Best Answers:
    Use squidoo and hubpages. They offer u seo presence and link juice

Acne Tips, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  12. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true, automated comment posting never turns out well. Submit links and post comments yourself, more natural and it's quality content and backlinks.

Ascendancy, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  13. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to build links fast, check my signature.

thefandango, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  14. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    For some reason I can't figure Squidoo out.

15. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your comments in this thread. If I may ask - I know that automated is "crap", however, any automated system is bound to have some sort of an override. In other words, I get a few hundred spam comments on my blogs on a daily basis... Some are from the same person. So he/she, somehow has a way to find all the blogs hosted in one of my servers.

If I was able to do that, it would at least save me the time it takes to actually FIND a blog to comment on. Furthermore, I agree that if you let a bot make 1000s of the same comments all around the web - it would give you little advantages... however, what if you set that bot to make 10 comments a day using well structured text that you have written?

I don't think I will ever let a bot do all the hard work for me. Fortunately, google and the rest know how to trace this - so it wouldn't make much sense to. However, I am sure that there must be a way to semi-automate the process.

Any ideas? Maybe even some places that offer link exchanges? The forums are good, but I can't seem to get as many links as I would like to.

Also, I checked the link in your sig thefandango, but I couldn't figure it out. If I understand correctly, I need to place a link on my site that will display some other links, and other webmasters will do the same, so my link will end up being displayed on some sites? Still too new to comprehend this :(

Thanks again!

spycraft, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  16. Jihoy

Jihoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlink building really depends on how much you have to spend. You can easily get, say, submission to 2500+ directories for under $20 in DP. Those are of course, machine submissions. You can also use use article spinning/submission software, such as the one in my sig.

As for too many backlinks for a new site. One of my sites was banned for a month, I think, for building too many backlinks in a day by that SEO company I hired. They were doing 11,000+ submissions per day. So yea, 10 or 20 shouldn't be an issue here. I personally build maybe 20 to 50 a day, but that's because I already have over 6000+ indexed according to google webmaster tools.

Jihoy, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  17. spycraft

spycraft Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your insights :)

I would like to build about 100 backlinks in a month, however, I have about 20 new sites, so we are talking about loads of links total.

Can you think of any automated backlink builders that I could use? I need one that can have a limit.

My plan is to try it for a few days with some sites that I don't really care about, and then, if it seems to work, I will use it with my actual sites.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again to all.

spycraft, Jun 28, 2009 IP
    KEEWIRDZ likes this.
  18. KEEWIRDZ

KEEWIRDZ Guest

Best Answers:
    +REP

This thread has been very helpful. I am trying to build some links myself. It isn't easy!

KEEWIRDZ, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  19. ramesh.kumar304

ramesh.kumar304 Peon

Best Answers:
    To do more forum Posting and blog posting.

ramesh.kumar304, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  20. bd90

bd90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    buy some links with strong backlink. I think sites/directories approved in dmoz,yahoo have pretty strong backlink. you can also buy signature link of DP and Site point forum members with good amount of post. I think these techniques really works.

bd90, Jun 29, 2009 IP