1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Few Questions About Backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Marion3, Jun 28, 2009.

Well I often google in my blog link http://myonlinecashsites.blogspot.com to see the sites linking to me and I have quite a few forums linking to my blog and I dont really post that often on the forums.Anyways I was wondering a few things.

1)Do I have to keep posting on those forums to maintain that backlink??

2)Corresponding with number 1, Is it ok to join a forum and only make one post just to receive a backlink from that site and will it counts as a good backlink?

3)Why don't the blog posts i leave with my link show up as backlinks when I search my blog.

Thanks

Marion3, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    (a) Joining a forum just to gather backlinks isn't a good idea and not recommended.

(b) You can keep posting relevant information to that site and don't think about backlink. If you provide good information, people (or webmasters) will link back to you without ask for it.

(c) The Blog Posts where you left a comment or a backlink might not yet been indexed by Google.

(d) Do post top quality articles and people will link back to you in no time. Don't wast so much time on doing it yourself.

cipals15, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  3. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1.) If some other third party on the form has linked to you ( natural link), there is no reason why you need to join that forum.

2.) Not a good idea. The forum moderators will be able to identify that it is a lame attempt at self promotion. Also many forums have a post requirement before you can use live links.

3.) May not have been seen by the bots yet. Look into your Webmaster Tools account or Yahoo! Site Explorer for your backlinks.

gr8liverpoolfan, Jun 28, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  4. AssassiNBG

AssassiNBG Peon

Best Answers:
    1. You don't have to keep posting to maintain your link, unless those are the forum rules / requirements for allowing you to have the link in your signature.
    2. Such posts will almost always be considered spam, so I suggest you post a couple of quality posts (10-15 is good enough) and then add your sites to your signature.
    3. Either the comments are not yet approved by the moderators at those blogs, or the search engines have not revisited the blog since you placed the link there. Check if the links are live and ping those posts, this should accelerate things.

Also use Yahoo's SiteExplorer instead of Google's link command for checking the backlinks since Google doesn't always show the all the links it has found to your site.

AssassiNBG, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  5. Marion3

Marion3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot guys,this was very helpful information.I've noticed ive been doing a lot of things to achieve more and more backlinks when I should be getting linked to from other sites by providing useful information. Also when you say writing articles....where could I do this?

Marion3, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  6. jitendarsinghrathod

jitendarsinghrathod Peon

Best Answers:
    hey join all forums and you will be backlink contenter

jitendarsinghrathod, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  7. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forum links are not strong links. But if you are fairly active on the forum and use good 'anchor text' for your blog, you can get a lot of direct traffic.

jitendraag, Jun 28, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.