1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to transfer a Wordpress based blog

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by digfor, Jun 28, 2009.

I want to sell one of my Wordpress based blog. Now how do i transfer the Wordpress based blog to my buyer? Is it enough i zip the whole sites files and sent it to the buyer?

Thanks.

digfor, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does it include the domain name? If so, then you need to transfer it also.

sakto, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  3. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your site and buyer is on cPanel, just give him your cPanel login details. Buyer's host can transfer cpanel - cpanel site by just few clicks.

Another methods:
    Give complete backup of your account.

Another method:
    1) Give him database backup and wp-content folder.

Another method:
    1) In the old blog, go to Tools -> Export and download the XML file to your computer.

2) In the new blog, go to Tools -> Import and upload the XML file you downloaded in step

aap, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  4. digfor

digfor Peon

Best Answers:
    Why should i give him the access to admin user. I mean can the buyer not upload the unzipped files and restore the database. Then the buyer should make changes in the config.php for the wp to connect to the database. Thats it right.

Third method - database backup and wp-content folder is the easy method i think.

Fourth method - I assume will only restore the posts, comments etc. I mean it has nothing to do with the wp theme etc.

Thanks for all the info.

digfor, Jun 28, 2009 IP