1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pagerank Increases Your Income

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by vntutor, Jun 27, 2009.

Definitely you cannot make money from Adsense if your website doesn't have traffic. However, PR also helps to increase your income.

Do you think so?

vntutor, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  2. Professional Dude

Professional Dude Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you sell links, there is probably no other benefit of getting a pagerank.

Professional Dude, Jun 27, 2009 IP
    DPian likes this.
  3. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope PR means nothing when it comes to the ads google serves up. If you have a PR9 it will show the same ads as a PR0

bigrollerdave, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  4. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well it's good for buying links from, but a PR 8 site could have little to no traffic. It's possible, but not plausible.

Slincon, Jun 27, 2009 IP
    DPian likes this.
  5. vntutor

vntutor Peon

Best Answers:
    I am talking about earning with Adsense.

This is what I mean. However, I think Ads with high paying will be sent to sites with high PR. That is the reason why new sites get several cents per click.

vntutor, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  6. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think change of PR effects to your earnings :) when you have quality content with excessive visitors the page rank automatically stables and gives you impressive money. PR gives money is foolish misconception

jezzz, Jun 27, 2009 IP
    DPian likes this.
  7. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but because pr can change every 3 months or so means it is not always lasting

primeryder, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  8. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR does not and will not help you make more money from regular users. It will only make you money if you sell links to other suckers that care about the PR.

superrichguy, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  9. vntutor

vntutor Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have good contents with backlinks, you don't worry that your PR will be dropped.

vntutor, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  10. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    PR has no directly relationship to the ability of your site to make money, although a high PR might mean you get good traffic, which helps make money if all the more important elements of your site are in place -- good content, good ad placement, relevant ads, etc.

stackman, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  11. prakashr85

prakashr85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes if you have good content and good placement of ads you may get good traffic and earnings.

prakashr85, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  12. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. But a higher PR will give an edge and influence (albeit to a certain extent) the SERP...

dairyman, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  13. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    PR, in my honest opinion, is just another "viral" number that promotes Google.

Google scraps web pages, so they use links to find new sites and pagerank is known to me as priority.
    Pagerank is pretty much priority. If you have PR9, like Digg, your site gets indexed every minute.

Whereas PR 3 sites, will probably get indexed once a few days, and PR 0 sites will get indexed every month. It's probably a factor that helps identify to webmasters the popularity rate of your content, and to help Google bots know what to index faster (knowingly a more dynamic resource).

Google can't read, so it isn't about quality of content to Google, however reproducing is something Google bots can check. So, the word there is unique content (not quality), but quality is designed for users so you appeal to them.

oxidati0n, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  14. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are 100% wrong

PageRank is Google’s system for ranking web pages. A page with a higher PageRank is deemed more important and is more likely to be listed above a page with a lower PageRank.

if you have PR0, it doesn't mean your site will be totally ignored and won't get indexed, or it will be index by Google once a month :p :D lol

I have PR0 sites and Google Bot come to my site daily :rolleyes:

Radz, Jun 27, 2009 IP
    DPian likes this.
  15. bigrollerdave

Best Answers:
    I think you guys try too hard to find things that increase your revenue. Instead of trying to find ways of increasing your revenue you should spend that time trying to increase traffic to your site.

I've had a site in the past that I started from the ground up PR0 and was earning .03 per click and I watch it ovr the months climb to a PR6 and I was still seeing .03 clicks on average.

I don't believe that PR plays any role in the ads being served up.

With that being said if you have a high PR it means you have a lot of backlinks which usually means your website is content rich and will rank good in google. This will increase your traffic and you will make more money that way. Your CPC is going to remain the same though.

16. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe adsense bot also checks PR and if you got PR then earnings increase a little bit.. can anyone confirm this?

config_error, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  17. bigrollerdave

Best Answers:
    I've owned over 50 websites so far and this has never been the case in any website I've owned.

18. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you sell links or posts or sell the domain. Or you use it to gain leverage for link exchanges/swaps. Other than that, PR is as useful as tits on a boar.

webmasterlabor.com, Jun 27, 2009 IP
    DPian likes this.
  19. dp2009

dp2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do see that CPC seem increase when my site PR increase, and better ads is shown. Google media bot and googlebot seem work together.. Bigrollerdave, your site CPC is not increasing, probably due to the niche and competition is getting worse, not sure if you calculated your other sites.. For my site, I do see better ads are shown.. It will be very stupid for Google even pay $10 for a credit card Adsense on a low PR or spam site..

dp2009, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  20. Acorn7

Acorn7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does PR make a difference... only Google really knows the answer.

Acorn7, Jun 28, 2009 IP