1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making blog in niche you know nothing about

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cheece2001, Jun 26, 2009.

Is it a bad idea to make a blog on a niche you know nothing baout jsut because its profitable? I here people on dp have tons of blog like 50 or so. i'm sure they don't have all knowlege in all those 50 niches. How are they successfull with so many blogs? Do they just find one person that knows alot bout that niche and get that work outsourced so the content can be put in the blog from the new outsourced information?

cheece2001, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  2. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Peon

Best Answers:
    Use PLR content, read and re-write them. Research the topic and find a good article that you can rewrite to put your own spin or feel too. Number of ways to get it done without really knowing the topic. If you do it yourself you have to really be able to quickly read and understand something so you can rewrite it and not just copy it.

Then of course there is always the option to hire someone else to write 10-20 articles for you and then you setup an autoblog to slowly post them over time.

CyberGlitch, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's the mistake done by many member and they are asking why they are not earning money

lifeplayer, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  4. CyberGlitch

CyberGlitch Peon

Best Answers:
    What? Rewriting other content? and I don't mean just using a few synonyms here and there. I mean read it, understand what it's saying and start a new article from scratch using the information you read.

What would you suggest then like the OP asked, if you don't know the niche.

CyberGlitch, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  5. totalsolutions

totalsolutions Banned

Best Answers:
    not recommanded... you'll get stuck someday.... ;)

totalsolutions, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have personally struggled to blog on certain subjects that i know too little about.

I dont advise it.

pipes, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  7. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is a bad idea. Sooner or later you will get bored with the topic, and your lack of first hand knowledge will be noticed by your readers. Nor will your blog be looked at as an "authority" on the topic by your peers.

It would be like someone walking into a hospital and saying "I a doctor, even though I have no training and know nothing on the topic" - you would be laughed at and then kicked out of the hospital. The same thing will happen when real professionals read your blog.

You need some kind of education, or experience on a topic when you open a site.

~kev~, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  8. yeuD

yeuD Peon

Best Answers:
    good point

like they say.. do what you love so you don't hate your "work"

yeuD, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Such ideas -> failure and wondering why people don't make real money ...

w3bmaster, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  10. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hire someone to do it for you. Of course, you could do that if you have the money.

Chancey, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  11. KennethFoo

KennethFoo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a plan to make a profit in a short-term then you can go for it. Have people to write it for you and try to gain as much exposure as you can in the period of time.

If it's going to be long-term then definitely the answer is a big NO. It's a pain writing or building on something you don't know.

KennethFoo, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  12. simonspurr

simonspurr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have blogs using rewritten content that I know nothing about and they still pull me a nice earning so that isn't fully true.

But yes, rewriting content on topics you dont like is boring and it does get hard sometimes, but just think of the money and that normally gives me a motivation to keep writing

simonspurr, Jun 26, 2009 IP
  13. RifqiAF

RifqiAF Active Member

Best Answers:
    that's why ghostwriter exist...stay away from plr content...my rewritten article never accepted in ezinearticles....

RifqiAF, Jun 26, 2009 IP