1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Affiliate Marketing Dead?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by john1921, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    dlm, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  2. gbit

gbit Active Member

Best Answers:
    welcome to web world pal. In affiliate marketing you need spend constantly some amount of money. And that to it has no guarantee of success. Even an expert affiliate marketer in clickbank is now getting one sale per month.

The thing is that people on internet have become intelligent and they started using their mind.

gbit, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  3. i-think

i-think Banned

Best Answers:
    Keep telling people that it’s dead, I want my marketshare back.

i-think, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  4. john1921

john1921 Peon

Best Answers:
    one sale per month for an expert marketer that's too much dude.if that's the position then how come many marketers made this system as there FT job.And its true that people are not readily accepting everything,i think you have to be very good in your job to get some big bucks in your pocket and to get there you have to spend a lot of money and that is the big thing for me.

Upto how much money i have to spend and how many days i have to wait for my first happy sale?I am trying a lot in free ways from last one month but nothing is working for me even though i have spent a lot of time and some money on some ebooks and videos.I am jst hoping to make it atleast by next month.By the way thanks for all the great answers they really helps me.:):)

Can i know how much money you are making now a days from AM?This will keeps me motivated.

john1921, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  5. pc2dj

pc2dj Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, it's dead. there's no more money to be made.
    (shhh..don't tell him the truth cuz I will have another competitor)

Joking. There's money to be made everywhere, nothing's ever dead.

pc2dj, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  6. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, Affiliate Marketing is NOT dead by any means, shape, form or fashion. A persons success is directly related to the types of traffic that find their way to the site. If you market your site correctly, and have a low bounce rate, you can expect sales in relation to the amount of traffic. If your traffic has a high bounce rate, expect low sales.

A persons skill in promoting their site mostly defines how successful they are.

~kev~, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  7. sbandalero

sbandalero Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing will never be dead, it will always exist in some form.

sbandalero, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  8. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    1 sale per month! This is NOT an expert affiliate marketer in clickbank!

Good feedback!

But don't give up studies. Internet marketing and home based businesses have many good sides and very bad ones too.

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    If there is some many competition it means there are some money in this business right.
    The little secret is to find some niche which is not very competitive and monetize it.

zexy, Jun 23, 2009 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  10. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good advice!

Although it's difficult to find niches not very competitive or businesses no affected by the recession.

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 23, 2009 IP
    zexy likes this.
  11. xjessie007

xjessie007 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not dead, but I think the revenue potential is dropping. More and more sites are being created every day, so advertisers have more opportunities to deliver. I never worked for so little money given the effort.

xjessie007, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  12. aadilexpert4u

aadilexpert4u Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello..

I am new person for online business..

But Sound like good to work with Affiliates..

Well, I think about it...

aadilexpert4u, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  13. ttrance

ttrance Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is the kicker for me. We see everyone doing it, and bottom line human nature - envy and jealousy kicks in. I want to make money too!!!

I have not started to do affiliate marketing, because in 2006 after learning with a close friend a lot about adwords/adsense we tried for a summer and noticed that anything remotely normal we could think of, was SATURATED TO HELL!

I see posters saying "There is lots of money... just find a niche..." etc etc, however while yes, there is always something going on somewhere you can get a piece of the pie --- Why bother? The efforts involved and the potential for success put into an equation its a no brainer --- Get involved in something else!

If I may: I believe the recession came upon us from 'mother nature' kind of to tell us to slow down and hamper down into more traditional lifestyles. I think internet marketing of course is a huge business and can be successful, but the idea of 'hunting for the online treasure' days are over. The internet is becoming just as difficult as anywhere else to make a business succeed.

ttrance, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  14. Scripter

Scripter Peon

Best Answers:
    Far from dead, it's propering, but it will always be a fact that most people won't be able to grow their business to a point that allows them to quit their 9-5 job. There only very few other business types with a similar failure rate.

Scripter, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  15. bretparker

bretparker Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    i hope Affiliate marketing is not dead

I need heaps of them
    so far not a cracker

give me a go

renewable energy as my site below suggests

I have made it onto page 1 for google in a couple of weeks
    buy no one is buying
    sorry "one"

bret

bretparker, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  16. Avatar Viper

Best Answers:
    it will never be dead.

17. Andrew C MN

Andrew C MN Guest

Best Answers:
    As someone who works at a affiliate network group, MoreNiche, I can say that it defenitely isn't dead. The company has seen some fantastic growth recently despite the economical troubles.

Mind you thats from a merchant standpoint, so allow me to give you a answer from the affiliate side.

Affiliate marketing isn't dead, and as you can see form the general response, your success will be determined from the strategy you employ.

The main product I look after is the SizeGenetics device; a penile enlargement device, is obviously within a VERY COMPETITIVE market. Now if you buy a website, put together a basic penis enlargement site... and then do nothing else... then you probably won't succeed. However if you aim at a SPECIFIC audience, and optimise a SPECIFIC keyword and continue to promote that website through a long term strategy of backlinks, article publishing and adding regular content to the site... you are likely to have more success.

The most successful affiliate we have makes around $40,000 a year JUST from the SizeGenetics device (he also has sites on diet pills and gambling sites), so hes defenitely making a killing. But thats only because hes got his strategy JUST RIGHT and he is dedicated to the sites conitual growth.

General strating points for you to look at:

1) Consider what keyword(s) you want to focus on and promote. Use Google keyword Research tool to help you out: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

2) Consider what approach you will use. Will it be a authority site, a hobby site, a review site etc etc.

3) And consider what audience you will attract. People specifically looking for that product, specifically looking for a solution, or people who arn't even aware they have a problem to begin with? The possibilities are near endless.

Andrew C MN, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  18. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How is affiliate marketing dead when the clickbank payout meter steadily goes up every second

ExpertForumGuy, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  19. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude affiliate marketing words for people who make it work. If your not making it work then it is dead for you.Don't take the advice of people who aren't making money from affiliate marketing. Talk to those who are MAKING MONEY!!!

jonathanfigaro, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  20. marketing101

marketing101 Banned

Best Answers:
    its easy to make money once you know what needs to be done. But at the same time it is easy to get dis heartened

marketing101, Jun 24, 2009 IP