1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any female members here who go to the gym?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by keen4kash, Jun 22, 2009.

If YES, would YOU be able to give a fellow dp member and clueless male some feedback on something please:

I like working out a public gym (male & female) a few times a week on set routine - often i see the same people at the time each week right.......

I have noticed many of the females who workout, listen to mp3's and have the earphones in their ears and music playing loud. Quite often i think to myself i would like to go over and just initiate conversation with them and say hi, introduce myself.

This is not me attempting to hit on woman or being sleezy - just sometimes im am drawn to some certain females after having seen them a few times. I would like to test out the waters and see if they would possibly be interested in engaging in further general chit chat in the future. Nothing sinister i promise - not every guy is just only interested in getting in someones pants, other like the intellectual challenge as well.

My question: How do i interpret the wearing of earphones and looking tuned out and even slightly defensive - do i yell at them over the music and attempt to chat or am i just wasting my time and possible risk making both of us uncomfortable? Would hate to make a bad scene and add more embarassment if i get burned :D

Somtimes i get or catch eye contact with a woman and they dont look totally defensive but i just get that: i have a boyfriend and or dont wanted to be pested by other guys, leave me alone LOOK:mad:

Q2) Most of the time there is a good mix of music already playing loudly in the gym so why do they even need mp3's? Is it just a mechanism to protect themselves from unwanted attention?

Q3) Is the gym considered a worthwhile place where singles can really meet new people that may form a relationship or just not the right place for such business?

I have really wondered about this for some time and was hoping some females here could really help shed some light on it? Help educate a single man......

This is a serious question and Lots of thanks for any help really..........

NO stupid comments from smarties with nothing of value needed:mad:

keen4kash, Jun 22, 2009 IP
    getjimmy likes this.
  2. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a woman, but I go to the gym often, if you want to talk to girls, and you go up and initiate a conversation they will instantly think you're hitting on them (unless they think you're hot).

So the best thing to do is be funny! Do something to make them laugh! The other day a girl was on a treadmill, I walked infront of it, dropped my bottle so went to pick it up, when I stood up again, I dropped my towel, I then pulled a funny face and she laughed so hard she got off the treadmill to talk!

Just be fun, don't try and rush into things!

Jon1771, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  3. -webtor-

-webtor- Peon

Best Answers:
    Well earphones usually mean "I don't want to be bothered"...but, if you are charming enough or even smile maybe women would respond. Gym can be a place to meet single women, one of my friend met his girlfriend in the gym (they were both on the yoga class I think)

-webtor-, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  4. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jon - thanks good advice, humour is one of my better character traits so could be an approach :)

webtor - thats what i thinkin about the earphones too, i guess if they are wearing them then i cant really approach them unless they talk or engage me first :( so much for making the first move........

keen4kash, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  5. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    Yes but can u answer my q......... advice from a female perspective

keen4kash, Jun 23, 2009 IP
  6. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    I thought there were females here who would be willing to chat about this subject but guess i was wrong :(

Whether the gym is more of guy thing OR the females that do go often are not here at dp?

cheers

keen4kash, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  7. calsonic

calsonic Peon

Best Answers:
    John1771, did you drop those things on purpose? haha hm..i guess we are all dudes in this forum

calsonic, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  8. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm female. To be honest, it's hard to chit chat with people wearing headphones. Usually when I'm listening to headphones and someone approaches me, I'm like, "What do you want?"
    You may want to talk to those without headphones. The gym is a time for me to do my exercise and I listen to headphones and zone out because I want to... it's a great time to get away from social pressures... I tend to not want to socialize at the gym.

melbel, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  9. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    Melbel - now that is the kind of female insight i was looking for :) Heaps of Thanks for that feedback.

Good very good info

keen4kash, Jun 25, 2009 IP
    melbel likes this.
  10. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad I helped. +rep for you

melbel, Jun 25, 2009 IP