Digital Arcade need your Reviews!

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by soul_of_god, Jun 19, 2009.

soul_of_god, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  2. Mr.Mafia

Mr.Mafia Peon

Best Answers:
    Really Nice Site. I like it. Nothing to say about content and placement. Keep it Up..

Mr.Mafia, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  3. soul_of_god

soul_of_god Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks my friend for you nice reviews :)

soul_of_god, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  4. drdavisjr

drdavisjr Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks good.
    looks just right, simple.
    good luck

drdavisjr, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  5. 2advance

2advance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site looks good and attractive, I like most of your games collections..

2advance, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  6. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ;) What can I say, Looks great :p

lorddan01, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  7. inspire_08

inspire_08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey that's really nice work...

inspire_08, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  8. soul_of_god

Best Answers:
    thanks guys :p

soul_of_god, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  9. MWiklund

MWiklund Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to give you a real review and not just a simple statement.

Domain name - 6.8/10
    The domain name is nothing special, neither really good nor bad .
    It contains the words "arcade" and "digital".
    The word "arcade" tells the user that the site is aimed at smaller games, "arcade games" as some call them and the word "digital" tells the user that the games are digital, thus on the computer and probably available online on the website.

One small problem that could appear is that the domain name makes users believe that the site is aimed at offline games since nowadays people uses the therm "flash games" for online games and the therm "arcade games" for offline games. Popcap (http://www.popcap.com/allgames.php) are for example famous for their arcade games while Armor Games (http://armorgames.com/) are famous for their flash games.
    This is a very small problem though and will probably not affect your site traffic significantly.
    The fact that people more often search for "flash games" than "arcade games" will though.

When it comes to readability do I find "digitalarcade.org" quite bad. You are not -as a user- able to see what it says in just one quick go. It would have been better if you had "digital-arcade.org" as your main site since that is more readable and at the same time you should have "digitalarcade.org" redirecting users to "digital-arcade.org" to gain traffic from mislead users.
    This is not a really hard or expensive thing too do but it's definitely worth it.

And of course, that the TLD is a .org and not a .com is negative but you probably knew that already. ​

Site design and structure - 6/10
    Firstly, I find the site design too cramped. Your site is made for people who wish to play flash games and almost no one who's able to do that is restricted to a monitor with a 800x600 resolution. In most cases, sticking to a 800x600 resolution is fine but since you are aiming at this specific market, you're allowed to give your site a 1024x design standard.

Your displayed games are also a little too cramped. Increasing the text area, picture size (to 90x90 instead of 60x60) and the spacing between the games would make wonders.

Front page:

All people do not find it obvious that the titles for each game category is clickable so a small menu bar under the header wouldn't hurt.

Your tag line takes up unnecessary space. It would look better if it was inside your logo instead.

Having Mario in you logo is completely unnecessary and the only real thing you're gaining from it is a possible lawsuit. It is not original and it don't say anything about neither flash or arcade games. I would have understand if it was a "space invader" since that's from an ol' famous arcade game but the only thing Mario and arcade games have similar is that they both fit inside the game genre (which is huge).

Category page:
    Being able to sort the games after more than just rating would be good here (sort it by popularity, date added, name and so on). Otherwise, it's the same as the front page.

Game page:
    The game should be above the information about the game. People are lazy and like to scroll as little as they can ;).

The add code should be put on the left banner because it creates ugly empty space when it is next too the "If you liked "Game name here" you may also enjoy..." box. You can then also give the "If you liked "Game name here" you may also enjoy..." box both columns in that space and by thus show five games on one side and five games on the other.

---

Otherwise, the site design is nothing special. Simply plain text on plain background. The design is not a beauty but it doesn't hurt you eyes either.

What your site lack in general is a reason for the user to return after a visit.
    Nowadays, you are probably having users that visit your site, plays a game and then walks away to forget about your site for ever.
    The user don't really earn anything by registering and just having a simple point and level system for the user would make it much more interesting.
    For example a registered member earns points for every game he/she plays, every comment he/she does and every time he/she rates a game. At a specific point, the user gains a level. This giving you more comments and ratings while you are also giving the user a reason to stay.

There is a lot to say about your site but that's my two cents for today. Hope it helped.

MWiklund, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  10. soul_of_god

Best Answers:
    thank you for your great reviews my friend, and i will keep remember you nice point that you mention :)

soul_of_god, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  11. laukpauk2009

laukpauk2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think your site Looks great . 8/10 from me

laukpauk2009, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  12. netdriver788

netdriver788 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya really good site and overall it is well organised.Personally the logo impressed me a lot.

netdriver788, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  13. soul_of_god

Best Answers:
    thanks alot guys and i have another logo too, that with sonic :p

soul_of_god, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  14. KingQub3d

KingQub3d Peon

Best Answers:
    I like it, the logo matches the design, and since the site is new... I have to rate it a little low :) 7.5/10 only 9 registered users... thats why... Once you get over 100 users... my rating would be... 9.5/10 :)

KingQub3d, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  15. soul_of_god

Best Answers:
    nice review :p but how can i get regi user :confused:

16. moshpit

moshpit Peon

Best Answers:
    Great looking site, good job on it. Really like the top banners color scheme with the logo

moshpit, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  17. AjOnline

AjOnline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing special poor design if I was a average user I would never visit the site again. .org domains are terrible as well.

AjOnline, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  18. soul_of_god

Best Answers:
    thanks for you review, i will try to fix but the domain can't be change :eek:

19. coolerchoice

coolerchoice Active Member

Best Answers:
    looks ok m8 great work

coolerchoice, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  20. Beezery

Beezery Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep it up. Looks very nice IMO. The top banner is particulary nice :)

B

Beezery, Jun 22, 2009 IP