1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

UK: Blind man chased off bus by Muslims cause of his dog

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by uploas, Jun 17, 2009.

UK: Blind man chased off bus by Muslims cause of his dog

A driver told a blind cancer sufferer to get off his bus when a woman and her children became hysterical at the sight of his guide dog.

George Herridge, 71, told how the mum flew into a rage and shouted at him in a foreign language. A passenger explained she wanted him to get off the bus during the incident on May 20.

Mr Herridge, from Tern Close, Tilehurst, said: “Her child was kicking and screaming and someone off the bus told me her child was frightened of my dog. The driver said, ‘Look mate, can’t you get off?’

“I stood my ground. I had not done anything, my dog had not done anything and I was getting off the bus for no one.”

The retired NHS worker claimed he was forced off a bus by a driver after a similar encounter last summer.

And a day after the latest bus incident an lady began screaming “I don’t like dirty dogs” at Mr Herridge at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.

A week earlier he faced further animosity from a couple at Asda in The Meadway, he said.

He is unsure what has provoked outbursts but said he thinks some have come from Asian people and that it may be due to religious or cultural differences.

If the people who were upset were Muslim, they consider dogs to be ritually unclean.

Some may have them as pets but keep them in a separate living area. Anything coming into contact with its saliva, such as clothes, must be washed seven times if they intend to pray in those clothes.

Mr Herridge said: “I do not expect any special treatment but just to be left in peace and live my life the best I can.”

Reading Buses accepted the driver was wrong but had been placed in an “impossible situation”.

Drivers have been re-instructed to convey the blind and the bus company has sought advice from the Royal National Institute for the Blind and hopes to speak with Muslim leaders.

As part of a Muslim Council of Britain project, Mufti Zubair Butt, Shar’ia advisor to Muslim Spiritual Care Provision in the NHS, admitted Muslims “require some education” on guide dogs.

In response to concerns raised about guide dogs in mid-2008, he said: “It is important that one does not impose one’s own understanding upon others, but one shows understanding and compassion for others, their needs and their views, especially in an open communal space and in a country where Muslims are living as a minority.”

uploas, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  2. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    really interesting, nearly fell asleep, whats next? "A muslim dropped an ice cream on a passing by Jew from his balcony?"

N_F_S, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  3. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this kind of fairly tales are more suited for Disney kids forums rather then dp

new, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  4. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Disgusting, I would kick the Muslim of the bus if push came to shove, no offence to the Muslims here, it's just that the guy needs the dog and has the right to travel.

Toopac, Jun 18, 2009 IP
    Mia likes this.
  5. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I know, I know, a muslim does something bad and it is immediately rejected by you as a fairy tale.

Next you'll be saying that muslims don't blow themselves up in a crowd of people.

hostlonestar, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You really are one sick twisted individual.

Mia, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  7. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a fairy tale because, the only source of this 'news' is islmaophobic blogs and websiites like thereligionofpeace.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=Blin...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If you are going to say something bad, then at least have some credible proof to back that up

new, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  8. nitreb

nitreb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I DON'T get it, why must it be highlighted that the individuals whom did it were Muslims? Their religion was completely irrelevant to the subject. Are you trying to get some heated responses back, or just trying to get more views?

nitreb, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not really. The majority of, or a large percentage of Muslims especially in the ME, believe that dogs are unclean. It's based on Hadith. When the President of Iran was declaring dogs un-Islamic and confiscating citizens pets, I was going crazy, even going to Islamic forums to ask why. I did some research and found that the Hadith actually contradicts the Quran, but they won't listen to me because I'm just a dog loving infidel.:) But really, this Muslim refusing guide dogs situation is fairly common.

Rebecca, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  10. dcyber

dcyber Peon

Best Answers:
    I really feel that such stories should not be shared on DP.. Whats the point?

dcyber, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  11. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    lol @ people posting stories from "thereligionofpeace.com"

No uproar from the likes of browntwn and mia?

imagine if i started posting stories from jew watch, people would be having a fit. hypocrites.

ThraXed, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Why so we can sit back and watch you make an ass of yourself and name call? Do us all a favor and leave.

Only one person here seems to be having a fit.

Don't you get tired of being so hateful and rude?

Mia, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  13. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    and what this thread was preaching .... ?

new, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  14. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, right. Lets re-style all our news, shall we?

Here we go:

A Christian kid shot his 4 fellows in US school.

A Christian billionaire commited suicide

Is that better now? If you hate one religion, its not the reason to emphasise it even when you are going to the toilet.

Actually, I would ban ALL religious threads in here, so people like you could post smth instead of blaming others of not being ummmmm christians/jew maybe?? LoL

N_F_S, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  15. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    I like this post, it is short but it says a lot.

imad, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    stOx, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  17. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Who would have guessed?

hostlonestar, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  18. Lemon116

Lemon116 Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

buuuuuuaahahahaha

Lemon116, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  19. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would only shove a muslim man off the bus if he was hitting on me or grabbed my ass.**

**Barack Obama exempt from this.

Obamanation, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I say again... You are one sick twisted individual. Why are you always so hateful?

Mia, Jun 22, 2009 IP