1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can my blog make decent money with adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by moneylizard, Jun 19, 2009.

My blog, link in the sig, is about holidays, food and stuff like that. All of the posts are written by myself and 100% unique content. I follow the rule that content is king. My traffic has risen pretty steadily over the last two months as I just started up again on it. I have tried to post at least 1 time per day.

My traffic has gone from about 10 Uv per day to about 50 now, which is small I know, but in a small niche like mine, I am guessing it will take a bit longer to get higher numbers. This blog is 6 months old, but its really only about 2 months old in terms of what I put into it since I took like 4 months off from it.

If I am to continue posting 1 post a day, down the road, lets say 6 months from now, do you think I will have enough visitors to make decent money from adsense? I only average like $2 per week right now with my low visitor count. Clicks range from .08 to .80.

I just added adsense injection plugin to put 2 random ads in each of my posts. I don't have any home page ads, but hope to change my theme when my new logo is ready.

Any advice from bloggers out there? I mean bloggers that believe content is king and not bloggers that own 1000 autoblogs.

Thanks in advance!

PS: all of my recent posts are keyword based using wordtracker to find hot keywords and google to check the competition. But my posts don't suffer from overstuffing of keywords.

moneylizard, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  2. libra0

libra0 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes m8, keep the good job in content.. and you will have success :) don't give up! and get some backlinks. :)

libra0, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  3. ch1nkayy

ch1nkayy Member

Best Answers:
    yah keep it up.
    you'll make it and your hard work will pay off.
    more contents is definitely better, so keep posting!

good luck bro.

ch1nkayy, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  4. moneylizard

moneylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    what technique for getting links would you recommend? Ive been trading links via linkmarket.net. I am getting a homepage PR5 link from a food blog by creating a banner for the website.

I usually social bookmark my posts, or usually 1 of every 3 posts. I do this on around 10 different social bookmarking sites.

5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless a blog is established, its hard to make any significant money really.
    Pick micro niche, that may help you earn better.

webcosmo, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  6. moneylizard

moneylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    Why can't this blog become established? 6 months from now... another 180 posts... if my 50 posts bring in 50 visitors a day in 2 months, wouldn't 230 posts 8 months down the road be bringing in many more visitors?

This niche isn't huge... most of my posts rank top 10 for like 3 long tail keywords each and its only been 2 months. Won't time help with this also?

7. beemboy

beemboy Peon

Best Answers:
    ya good u can do it

beemboy, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic = $$$
    Any site that has large traffic potential has large $$$ money ...

w3bmaster, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  9. Shrimpsey

Shrimpsey Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your page loots great. WHy no ads on it? definatly has potential IMO! Good Luck wtih it!

Shrimpsey, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  10. moneylizard

moneylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    I liked the theme and it didn't have spots for adsense, im currently looking for a wp theme that I can alter now as I am learning how to do that, so once I find the scheme that fits my new logo I plan on integrating adsense into the main page as well. Just not sure which theme to start with, I like my page to look nice ya know?

11. jijigren

jijigren Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post to social bookmarks each time you create new post and ping. It's really help to increase adsense income

jijigren, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  12. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can continue work on the content for 6 months then your earning will definatelly increase day to day

lifeplayer, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  13. Codbox

Codbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    your homepage looks like a parked domain. where is your content !?!
    Just add some interesting contents and a gateway. Gateways are the best choice for making money especially for beginners with nice niche content.
    CPA gateways can be used with google adsense too.

This thread may help you http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1391085

Codbox, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  14. nitrogen77

nitrogen77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my god....
    number of posts is not equal to a higher % to make money on adsense.

You can have a site with 100 posts, amazing content ---> If I have more links, more juice and more google love, I can outrank your site, even if my content is cr*p , and even even if I have 10 times less content.

But, hey... there is some people here that keep thinking that Content is king... LMAO

nitrogen77, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  15. Codbox

Codbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content is King for CPA gateway users. But for adsense users traffic is the main thing. If the content is so great then who are going to click on ads ! Many great sites are buried under while useless parked domains are getting more pageranks. But no one can earn much with domain parking as most visitors will close the window immediately.

For me Content is the King as i am using CPA Gateways

Codbox, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  16. prashantban

prashantban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes keep it up.. make sure the more traffic you get the more money you will make...!!

prashantban, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  17. moneylizard

moneylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said more posts is more money... I said more posts would be more traffic. My keywords are long tail and don't get a huge amount of searches each day, but my good keyword posts get like 10 searches a day each... so if I keep adding posts like this, it would be more traffic. so 40 posts gets 40-60 search traffic a day... 400 posts would be 400-600 searches a day. More traffic = more ad clicks.

right?

moneylizard, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  18. bigmoolah

bigmoolah Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for all the great info I have a few blogs I am in the process of working on

bigmoolah, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  19. RickHunter1980

RickHunter1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    Improve your content and titles (keywords), develop your link building and you will increase money.

RickHunter1980, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  20. Codbox

Codbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you point your 'few' blogs to a single blog/site. Thus you can have a controlled mastering of your blogs/sites. Whether it is adsense or anything, this method will help you to earn more. You just need to find a common topic for your 'few' blogs.

best wishes :)

Codbox, Jun 25, 2009 IP