1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does clicking up arrow in Google search results help YOUR page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dinrock, Jun 17, 2009.

dinrock, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  2. ajenterp

ajenterp Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a way for users to customize their experience using Google... however Google never does anything just for the fun of it - there is a goal in mind... so it could be a free way to let the engineers know what kind of sites people like.

ajenterp, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  3. quiksecurenet

quiksecurenet Peon

Best Answers:
    That's something new I learn today. Never realize the arrow is there. Probably it is a way of data collection for research purpose.

quiksecurenet, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  4. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to wonder sometimes regarding the same but I don't think it does bring up your site top on Google, its just a way to customize the results according to your needs in Google and only for you.

Ameena, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  5. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone want to move their site up to #1 in the results in their own browser? Then PM me telling me what keywords to type in Google on my end, and I'll PM you back as to what comes up in the results. Feel freee to experiment

dinrock, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  6. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It only helps you on your computer.

jg123, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes it helps you get your site displayed on the top. but the bad part is, its only for your own computer. think of it as a desktop profile where you can customize what you want to see. same thing

sultanofseo, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  8. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google search wiki is NOT a digg style voting service yet. They might be evaluating the feasibility but if they reveal that they are actually using this data, people will start gaming the system !

jitendraag, Jun 18, 2009 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  9. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    agree thats a great possibility and SEO people will start taking advantage of it soon. Google is not stupid enough to give away positions so easily. so dont dream about that it will help you to get your search on top it wont.

Ameena, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  10. domaintrader85

domaintrader85 Banned

Best Answers:
    It just moves your desired website to the top of website. It does not help your website in ranking..

domaintrader85, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  11. dcgloballlc

dcgloballlc Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a client that did this and called and asked me the same question. I asked him what he thought. He quickly responded with a realistic expectation. Google is going the way of unique user search. This means that in a couple of years ( or this year) there will be no #1 search result. You may be number one on one users computer while being number 10 on another users. Focus on killing the white hat foundations and you will get there.

dcgloballlc, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  12. CatalystShops

CatalystShops Peon

Best Answers:
    dont know about any of that, but the primary focus of google has been aimed towards giving its customers a customizable and personalized experience. this is (so far) just one more addition.
    These customizations only occur when your signed into your google account and
    One point that I dont think has been made is that google automatically raises and lowers search results based on who you click on. for example if while your signed in you search for "tools" severial times and click on heavydutystore.com every time that site will automatically be raised higher in the search results (..when your signed in).
    Google is trying to give you what (they think) you want.
    ...thoughts?

CatalystShops, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  13. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a good benchmark for everyone. Get two computer side by side and start using bookmarks on one computer only. You will move upto #2 in the ranking for highly competitive keywords.

It great for telling everyone how great you are. But, now look at the other computer. Reality check...

The same goes for the up arrow and X.

This is to promote or delete sites on your computer only. In the real world, it has no meaning.

catanich, Jun 18, 2009 IP