1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I make one of those Polls?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by shkad14, Jun 8, 2009.

Those polls people use for zip submits - the simple yes or no ones that direct to the zip offer to vote...Is there a tutorial anywhere that will show me how to make one of those, or is there anyone here who can tell me?

Thanks

shkad14, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    BusinessMinded08, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    dlm, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  4. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ You could do that, but it would take a bit longer. The reason I suggested the Wordpress and WPQuickPolls is all because it makes things a bit easier and intuitive.

None-the-less,. it is a good alternative.

BusinessMinded08, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  5. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :confused:

My method takes literally 3 minutes to set up and is completely free.

You just need to set up one poll page and one page which redirects to your offer.

Using "/vote/?Yes" just takes the user to the redirect page, but the "?Yes" makes it look like they have voted.

dlm, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  6. reciprocal_link

reciprocal_link Peon

Best Answers:
    you could also look at like cgispy.com or other companies that provide free webtools. Or you may whish to talk to a web designer which will give you many options for customization.

reciprocal_link, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  7. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes longer then 3 minutes, you must be talking about just a regular poll with no design or anything which really isn't going to engage the visitor/user at all to do anything if they see a "plain" page.

Plus, you can't just rely on a image that says "Yes" or "No" all the time. The poll plugin I suggested has numerous poll voting methods.

Once again, its used by many internet marketers and many make pretty good money using it.

WPQuickPolls is just a suggestion, I'm not downgrading your strategy at all.

BusinessMinded08, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I meant the "coding" part took 3 minutes. Obviously you need to design a decent landing page and choose a proper question and answer. My "strategy" just revolves around using the "/?Answer" format instead of spending the time to create an actual poll (since we don't care about the poll results, we just want visitors to vote and be redirected to the offer).

dlm, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  9. ruben17

ruben17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with dlm

ruben17, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  10. atadolenc

atadolenc Peon

Best Answers:
    What polls are you talking about?

atadolenc, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  11. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Landing pages that say something like, Get a Chance to win such and such item (usually a giftcard or something)

below it there is a poll question , the poll answers simply lead to a zip/email submit offer.

If these poll pages are used in PPC, there will be other content below the fold, like an rss feed based on the keyword used.

It can get pretty complicated. This is the type of poll that the OP is talking about, more or less has nothing to do with wordpress. Unless of course the landing pages are built with wordpress (different story)

Then you have other polls that are simply added to your pages like wordpress. These could be as simple as dlm mentions, as easy to use as a plugin that BM mentions, or you can spend a week or more designing something that you can insert, like an ad (nothing to do with blog plugins).

The last version I ended up doing and works pretty good (not zip/email submit related), It took a good week to get right (blocking spiders, detecting multi votes, etc..)

Even if you have a poll, you still need to do the marketing side of things, and if you are good at that, you probably don't need to deal with polls anyway.

darkmessiah, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  12. ppcmaster

ppcmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi:

When I was doing polls, I used a program call Poll Control. It isn't free but cost verses time it was well worth it. There are other software program on the net that does the same as this.

ppcmaster, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  13. DaVJ

DaVJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you still make good money with this method?

DaVJ, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  14. MTExpert

MTExpert Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make money with this method but to be very honest you need to be aware of many other factors going on (need to rotate a lot of offers, deal with google PPC, constantly change polls...more and more...).

The bottom line is advertisers don't like leads generated off of the poll method because they don't end up converting well on their end. For this reason you now see a lot of "No Poll Method Allowed" in the description of e-mail submit offers on azoogle.

My advice would be, unless you have money to put into this method, don't even start because you will need startup money for the google PPC costs. There's plenty of free CPA methods that can get you started to make money online

If you're still curious about this method, I'd be happy to help you out. Send a PM with your IM nickname if you want to discuss about it.

MTExpert, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  15. browie

browie Peon

Best Answers:
    Search Google, there are plenty of things out there that are free like ebooks and templates.

browie, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  16. bogleg20

bogleg20 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to try a free solution, you can try a wordpress plugin I created called WP Easy Polls. Polls can definitely still work, but as mentioned earlier, there are some hoops to overcome.

bogleg20, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  17. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with DLM on this one - it takes 15 minutes tops design, code and linking for the first one. After that all but 3 minutes to reuse the layout and code.

easterwolf, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  18. theofferz

theofferz Active Member

Best Answers:
    This method still making money?

theofferz, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  19. wflanagan

wflanagan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use WPEasyPolls from above. Works great! Make a bit of money, not much.

wflanagan, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  20. ulooms

ulooms Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone is interested in the Polls system check out http://icypolls.com, It is a legit poll website giving actual results while incorporating cpa or any advertising along they way.

ulooms, Oct 14, 2009 IP