1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The image license type for web templated

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by kusal, Jun 17, 2009.

I find it hard to understand the variety of image license types.
    What is the legal image license if I want to use any image in a web template that I would later sell to a client.

Can you please give some example sites and pricing for such image license

kusal, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  2. webchoice

webchoice Peon

Best Answers:
    I share the same doubts as you. If I were to buy some images or stock photos to provide e.g. header design services, will the default license type at istockphoto or any stock photo site suffice? Or do I need an extended license or the such?

Hope someone in the know can shed some light on this.

webchoice, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to read the specific license rights. You cannot use images from istockphoto unless you buy an extended license.

a) Prohibited Uses (standard license)

use the Content in design template applications intended for resale, whether on-line or not, including, without limitation, website templates, Flash templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, and brochure design templates;

mjewel, Jun 17, 2009 IP
    webchoice likes this.
  4. webchoice

webchoice Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I read that but not really sure if it covers what I asked.

So wouldn't providing design services require some hefty sum of start-up capital (to buy extended licenses for the stocks)? Are there any stock photo / image services that are catered to web designers say, on a subscription basis to use legally / rightfully?

webchoice, Jun 17, 2009 IP