1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Delivery companies in the UK

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kevmacmeh, Jun 15, 2009.

Hi,

Im looking for help with regards to delivering items Ive sold through my site.
    I have around 20 parcels to deliver. What is the best way to send all these orders? since this is my first big order, is it ok to go into the post office with 20 parcels, or will I have to use a delivery company?

Many Thanks

kevmacmeh, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  2. johngfcarey

johngfcarey Peon

Best Answers:
    use some delivery company? discuss with some company as you want long term relationship. They definitely give you discount.

johngfcarey, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Take them to the post office.
    They're used to people who sell stuff on ebay having that number of parcels.
    Much as we all slag off Royal Mail, you are unlikely to find anyone who can give you a better price.
    If it's going to become a regular thing, and grow, you can arrange for parcelforce to collect from you.

magda, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For me i normally use dpd.co.uk when shipped the purchased item to my customer.
    They are a bit pricey but their service have quality.

mentos, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  5. tbfm

tbfm Peon

Best Answers:
    Parcels2go.co.uk is one of the best especially if its a regular thing. When I had a massive ebay account I was sending 100 parcels a week. After just a few weeks the driver would phone me or pop round even if I hadnt booked just to see if I had any parcels. Very simple to use and discounts are plenty for regular work.

If its a one off, use the post office but go to royalmail.com and use their postage calculator because some parcels are cheaper by courier than RM.

tbfm, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  6. extreme247

extreme247 Peon

Best Answers:
    parcels2go is ok
    i normally use fedex and royalmail occasionally

extreme247, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  7. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been going to the post office, i did a bit of ebaying lately, and i've sent off about 43 parcels of varying size... unless it's a really large item, i'd stick the post office, for things about DVD size to small box size, anything bigger i'd use someone like UPS or parcelforce...

Grit., Jun 16, 2009 IP