1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am a Good Writer...What shall I Do ???

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by magnificent_shishir, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I am a Good writing with creative writing skills.....
    PLease Guide me what shall i do to earn handsome money....

magnificent_shishir, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know. What do you want to do? Write a book? Get a job at the store? Find a wife?

If you're a good article writer who is looking for writing work, why not trying magazines, like The Economist, GQ, Entertainment Weekly or whatever.

Or you could drop down some levels and get a job at the local newspaper.

If you're great at writing ad copy, try finding clients who need sales letters, ads, etc.

If doing that isn't an option, try writing simple articles for blogs and such.

And if all that isn't happening, try writing really simple yadda-yadda articles for people just needing SE traffic for AdSense clicks (easiest writing level on the planet).

marketjunction, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  3. procopywriter

procopywriter Peon

Best Answers:
    First, I recommend learning English better. If you're going to write in English, you need to know how to speak and write the language like a native speaker. That comes before the money.

procopywriter, Jun 15, 2009 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  4. justyski

justyski Peon

Best Answers:
    try your luck at odesk

justyski, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  5. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Write and sell articles here are DP

waxman1000, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  6. chatrapathi

chatrapathi Peon

Best Answers:
    Please try to be the master of English and Grammar.. Write unique and affordable articles on your niche of interest...

chatrapathi, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  7. andrewterrol

andrewterrol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to write for article directories like helium.com or others. I used to write at helium.com and made some really good money. They pay you 1 cent for every visitor from google or from social bookmarking sites, so if your article would be great, than you'll get lots of traffic from social bookmarking websites.

andrewterrol, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  8. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    presumably you mean

I am a good writer with creative writing skills. Please guide me in what I should do to earn handsome money...

To start, I'd suggest you work on the 'spellchecker' thing.

contentboss, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  9. magnificent_shishir

magnificent_shishir Banned

Best Answers:
    Well that is a few spell mistakes and mind it it is not an article that i am writing over here
    Well Writing is ma cup of tea thats y i am asking u all to guide me where I shall write to earn a better amount

magnificent_shishir, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  10. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not to sound rude, but writing certainly does not look like your "cup of tea"

Writers often get judged on the quality of their posts. If I was a prospective client, the way you've written your posts so far would have done nothing to convince me that I should hire you.

Jason has already given you several options ( the first reply to your post)

gr8liverpoolfan, Jun 16, 2009 IP
    uttoransen and jhmattern like this.
  11. moneylizard

moneylizard Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is full of win.

moneylizard, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  12. SEODominator

SEODominator Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple. You want to create a long term investment. This investment is time. You need to create unique content, get it submitted to the major article submit companies (hint:google). Then you will need to do some research on link building, between the articles. All the meanwhile investing in your own website and content. Affiliate marketting should help bare some of the costs

SEODominator, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  13. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    I guess you can learn writing but when you want business, attitude matters a lot. This is true for every field. When you are out there in the market, every word you say/write might be judged, so tread carefully. Many people who have the skills do not necessarily succeed because they don't have the positive attitude. Sometimes beginners miss out on this aspect.

This is just a suggestion and I do not mean to say that you do NOT possess the right attitude. It is just that you need some time to learn the tricks of the trade. The best thing for you would be to read a lot, write a lot, and be polite as much as possible. Good Luck!

NeoGen, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  14. CriticalContent

CriticalContent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are truly a good writer than you should be able to make a comfortable living online, with all of the content buying sites like associated content and ehow...... use copyscape to make sure your articles are "infringement proof" and start submitting articles.... you'll have money in your paypal within a week or so.... also blogging would be good, and if you have enough time write an ebook on a popular niche and sell it on forums like these.

CriticalContent, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  15. CrownVictoriaCop

CrownVictoriaCop Peon

Best Answers:
    Associated Content is a great way to make money, you just have to make sure that you follow their rules in order to make the big bucks.

Another site is Amazon.com's mTurk. There, you can do little jobs, including writing small articles, for cash. You can redeem your cash as an Amazon gift certificate, or if you have $10, you can get it transferred to your Checking account.

If you're REALLY good at writing, try to write a book, and submit it to a small publisher. You never know what will happen. ;)

Good luck to you!

Anthony

CrownVictoriaCop, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  16. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely focus on improving your writing first. The few posts here aren't a case of some simple typos. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, especially when they're writing casually such as on a forum, but that many errors says either that you don't understand English very well or that you're consistently sloppy. That's not what you should be conveying to potential buyers, especially if you're going to make claims of being a "good writer." That's not something you should claim about yourself; it's something you should hope others say about you instead. If that's not the reaction you're really getting from others (and you're not here), don't take offense but instead take it as a sign that it's time to brush up on the fundamentals. That alone could make a big difference in how potential buyers see you (and what they're willing to pay you).

For the record, passing Copyscape in absolutely no way means an article is "infringement proof." You can change the wording of someone else's article to get it to pass Copyscape, and your new version could still be a copyright violation if it's an unauthorized derivative work.

jhmattern, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  17. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    As everyone else already said I would learn how to write standard english first. I personally was doing writing as a freelancer and was judged for minor grammar mistakes and I'm a native speaker!

wibblet, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  18. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd also add that a good writer doesn't use Copyscape (probably never even heard of it). You should know when you're infringing on someone's copyright.

But then again, good writers don't start the writing process by pasting in someone's article. ;)

What if the "writer" is copying an article from a printed book that isn't online? Gasp!

marketjunction, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  19. optimisation

optimisation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you make a search for freelance writing companies on google. There you will find companies that will pay you for writing well.

optimisation, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  20. PadPaws

PadPaws Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Firstly, you need to read. Reading improves even the best writers, even if it is just a Harry Potter book. I firmly believe I've learnt more from reading novels and national newspapers than anything else.

Secondly, you can't just say you're a "good writer" - you need to prove it. People will want examples, so write articles that show your writing ability off. Earlier comments regarding how you write on forums are spot on; clients will need to know writing well comes naturally rather than being something you need to focus on for an article. Every writer should have good spelling and grammar in the bank... so we can then focus on the content.

I always feel offended when a client mentions CopyScape ;)

PadPaws, Jun 19, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.