1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing is going to kick Google's asp!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Maximizationator, Jun 14, 2009.

The Gates family has agreed to pay me 100 dollars every time I use the expression "Bing it" while talking to my friend. He uses search engines to make life-changing decisions like "Should I search News or Local for Chicago Marathon Results?" ... and the like.

:p :) :( :D

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maximizationator, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  2. nguoituyet

nguoituyet Peon

Best Answers:
    I respectfully disagree, bro! Incremental improvements and advertising are not enough to compete with Google in long term.

nguoituyet, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bing surely can do well, particularly since the initial response has been tremendous and people do actually seem to like binging it. Also Microsoft has deep pockets as well, to take on google in the longer run.

There is no immediate threat to google in the near future though.....it is Yahoo who would be in the fighting ring with it...as of now! :rolleyes:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  4. skillipedia

skillipedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really hope so. Right now, I have so much grudge on Google and on the way is indexing my website

skillipedia, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  5. HarrisonJ

HarrisonJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its nice to see some competition in the search engine market place, keeps the engines in a state of ever improvement, and keeps ppc click costs down.

As far as I can see Bing just copied google's layout and minimalist style. When you look at both search engines side by side they look basically the same. They both have 10 results per page, with sponsored listings on the right side and top. Bing even has that skinny little top bar like google has, and uses the same exact colors- blue for links, black for text, and green for urls. But, if it works, why fix it?

HarrisonJ, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  6. Michaelr

Michaelr Peon

Best Answers:
    Fling Bing!

Michaelr, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  7. localgoogleguru

localgoogleguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd add that Bing / MSN/ Live is a way to target older people... baby boomers have more discretionary cash in their budgets than you youngins...

There is a reason the GM ad people used Led Zepplin to sell Caddilacs!

I'd like to see some competition to keep Google honest.
    because Yahoo isn't doing it

localgoogleguru, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  8. Maximizationator

Maximizationator Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Bing has youth appeal too. Microsoft hasn't fully leveraged their network yet, though.

They would do well to push Facebook to increase the prominence of web search on FB. And the Bing search box in Hotmail is small... everyone uses email on a regular basis... leverage that loyalty.

And they have yet to develop a consistent navigation structure across their network. Microsoft is notorious for poor navigation & trying-way-too-hard-to-be-hip ambiguity. What the hell is a surfing CEO? And why do I care about how (any generic) technology helps me to "rip it up in the economic tsunami."??? How about those funky little squares on the Bing home page? What are those supposed to be? (edited... just figured it out - they're showcasing various Bing features through ambiguity curiosity)

Anyone else think those daily images on Bing are distracting? They go right into the left-side navigation panel & don't offer any value to Microsoft or the user, as far as I'm concerned. The bright orange is also somewhat distracting... it pulls your eye away from search results.

Still, if they don't BLOW it early on with Bing, I think the new name alone holds considerable word-of-mouth value. Good search verbiage.

9. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Bing will definitely put a dent on Google's share for searches. Microsoft has all the resources to do just that.

The good thing is I have already a lot of searches for my website from Bing. Go Bing Go!

sakto, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  10. tmsfactory.com

tmsfactory.com Banned

Best Answers:
    I can see some nice SERPs from Bing, I think i can optimized it for better results

tmsfactory.com, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  11. Maximizationator

Maximizationator Peon

Best Answers:
    Um... why doesn't Microsoft multi-brand / acquire websites per age group & demographic?

Like LocalGoogleGuru said, MS has traditionally targeted older, business folk (& patronized the general public as dunces...).

I wonder if going after various age groups with demographic-taylored & branded web portals would be a good idea.

12. bermuda

bermuda Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN has all the capabilities of coming up with a great search engine but I do not know why they are so lazy or slow about some tasks sometimes. For example, if you remember, the Live engine was introduced and then the Link: command was gone with the wind and the staff did not do anything about that but activating such a thing could be a matter of some days work. Let's see how Bing is going to do in the cyber world.

bermuda, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  13. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is good and far better compared to Yahoo for now. The user interface is more friendly compared to Yahoo but the result need to be improved before they could think about jumping over Google. The results of Bing seems oriented to link too much. They are counting every links even spam one to give some site a ranking.

Sxperm, Jun 14, 2009 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  14. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    That's really a sad part of an algorithm and how they define quality sites out of it's links and contents as major variable in ranking.

WishBone, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  15. highrider778

highrider778 Member

Best Answers:
    I think bing will take down yahoo, as yahoo seems so gay lately, damn near all the links I go to are frikin' redirects in the yahoo SE

highrider778, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  16. paintballer32

paintballer32 Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope bing owns google sooner or later.

paintballer32, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  17. remember123

remember123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just Because the initial response it good..it doesn't mean it will wipe out google from the scene !

remember123, Jun 15, 2009 IP
    dairyman likes this.
  18. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is really good, but it can't outrank google for a shorter time, :) maybe they should try yahoo and msn first. hehe

gusher08, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  19. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. We have to wait and watch to assess how the bing crawls (like a toddler), then walks and finally sprints (like an athlete) in the race to beat the established player, google. :)

dairyman, Jun 15, 2009 IP
    imnajam likes this.
  20. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dsnt seem to be any harm for Google but I am feeling sorry bout yahoo now..BTW I wld like to see the stats for bing:)

coolseo36, Jun 15, 2009 IP