1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building Services on DP are a waste of time

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jenny1985, Jun 14, 2009.

Ok so i got your attention and i will say now that not all of the services being offered here are rubbish.
    There a few good ones..Like mine :) and a few others.

Basically my problem is with all these link building threads in the services section with titles like
    • Top quality link building service PR5+
    • SEO friendly link building
    • Quality one way link building services

Then when you open the thread all they are offering is
    • Directory submissions
    • Social bookmarking
    • Blog commenting
    THESE ARE NOT QUALITY LINKS!

Directory submissions are fine, but you need to be doing more on top of that.

You need to be getting links from other sources guys, it takes hard work and time but going this easy "50000 directory submissions" route isnt going to work in the long run.

Il give you a few things you can all do now to get better links that are relevant to your site.
    Search for your keywords in google, contact the sites from 10-50, ask them if they want to post some content you write with links in.
    Write a post about how good a relevant high ranking site is and link to one of their posts, good chance you may get a link back.

Spend some time researching a topic, write a top 10 list, promote it on twitter, facebook, digg etc.. contact bloggers in your niche and show them your post, link out to sites you want links from.

Get a list of 50 sites you want links from, for each one work out how you could possibly get a link from them.. then do it.

I know il get a lot of stick after this post but all of those who are buying these "link building2 services, are your sites making enough money for you to go fulltime? No?

Start thinking quality and relevance, not quantity.

Jen
    x

jenny1985, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  2. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have a problem with DP...IF you know o much about link building why don't you start a forums or something....

you seem to know about everything..don't you?

pro.seods, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  3. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    nobody knows everything :)

Only giving my honest opinion.
    Just trying to give advice and help others.

Yes i sell a service and yes a bit of controversy and busy threads gets the service noticed..
    But i receive over at least 5pm's a day asking for free help and advice and i will happily offer people advice via DP and on msn messenger for free.

I am good at what i do and im not ashamed of that.
    I offer a good service with value for money and have years of experience in the SEO industry as well working in an office with people with over 10 years of seo experience

4. Nixies

Nixies Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have website? It's nice to be able to see how you have promoted yourself. To me it always seems weird when someone sells a service that is designed to get a you ranking in the search engine. However rather than getting ranking yourself they advertise it through forums.

Nixies, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  5. masterlogo

masterlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with Jenny, the marketplace is flooded with cheap waste services

masterlogo, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  6. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok il make 2 points here.

How many businesses go to google and search for "link building".. not many and in our experience these types of people never end up buying as they just dont "get it"
    I prefer to speak to like minded webmasters and do my business that way.

I prefer to spend my time on clients sites rather than massaging my own ego by spending time ranking my own website.
    Although if your a london seo company its much easier to just buy the links :)

7. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    You surely got my attention with the title of your thread. That is why I clicked through. Good work!

waxman1000, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  8. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    thats what its all about, getting peoples attention.
    Theres 4 different types of content and the way people view them

Spam- Reader thinks the content its junk
    Skip- The reader looks but moves on without reading
    Read - the user reads the content
    Share- the user reads and then shares- Links Links Links

9. Destinyx3

Destinyx3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Jenny, but to a certain degree.

I agree that submitting to 50,000 directories will not help you in the long run. The value of directories have gone down significantly and I personally don't think it is worth it anymore. Nonetheless, I still believe blog commenting and social bookmarking proves to be effective. I consistently do both and I see backlinks growing and staying.

I do have to give you credit, the method you said in your first post is very effective. We all should try to do that for maximum results.

I have noticed you post often controversial threads, very clever. Controversial is a great way to get attention, I give you props.

Destinyx3, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  10. Nixies

Nixies Peon

Best Answers:
    According to word tracker 692 a day in the UK. they might not converts so well but the 529 that search on link building services would and do, we have clients that have come from very similar terms and we don't get a huge amount of traffic from this.

It's not so much massaging your ego it's a ligitament section of a business and proof that your service works. If you come on the forum with posts saying that other people services are ineffective, it is not unreasonable for someone to ask for proof that your works, the best of which would be your own website promoted by yourself using your service. It's just a cop out to call it ego massaging.

I was ligitamately asking, I'm always on the look out for quality link building services, we do 90% of it in house but cannot keep up and need to outsource.

I'm not sure how this part was intended!

Nixies, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  11. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do take your point but we prefer to spend our time getting results for clients.
    You dont go into a pizza hut and ask the waiter to taste the pizza first :) they have better things to do.

12. Nixies

Nixies Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry that metaphor just confused me. Do you not build the links yourself then. Your just 'the waiter' working as the go between?

Nixies, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  13. Promoman

Promoman Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't go to pizza hut if you really want pizza.

Promoman, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  14. Destinyx3

Destinyx3 Peon

Best Answers:
    So true. Pizza hut pizza is not real pizza.

Destinyx3, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  15. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    if the waiter never taste the pizza b4, u think the shop still exit ? u bringing very bad example .........
    but i agree with u, some of the service here is suck ( some wp coded don't even undertsand wordpress :)

SonnyCooL, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  16. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try a good member with positive reputation, It's upon to you. yes there many low quality service providers. But it's not mistake from DP. you must check service providers profile before buying the service.

blog8491, Jun 14, 2009 IP
    indyeah likes this.
  17. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol , we already know this...

loool , anyway thanks for being the first one to raise this problem.

green reep added because of this

redhits, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  18. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jenny, I really like the way you manage to do this almost every month and put a plug to your link building service in SIG link. A really cool way.

Inspite of this, I do agree with your point about some of the services not making a lot of sense.

jitendraag, Jun 14, 2009 IP
    indyeah likes this.
  19. devin1

devin1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Jenny1985 is very sincerity for his tip to get attention.

devin1, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  20. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you got my attention.. there are services that are not giving out quality results..

config_error, Jun 14, 2009 IP