1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats wrong???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Shrimpsey, Jun 12, 2009.

I have added my meta tags for keywords and description, yet I still have no visiters from the search engines?? Am I missing something, or does it just take more time? My sites are a couple weeks old. Thanks

Shrimpsey, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    couple of weeks is not enough to get your sites ranked in organic results and start getting traffic. meta keyword and description is fine but that will not bring you traffic either. to get traffic, you will need to promote your site actively. start doing some link building which will get your site ranked higher over time which will then bring the traffic

sultanofseo, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  3. Media Precision

Media Precision Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO requires a lot of patience. sultanofseo is right, you need to build up back links. and this needs to be done gradually over time. don't bombard your site with thousands of links straight away as search engines like this process to be natural. Also stay away from buying links, there are people out there who will sell you a shed load of links for very little money. However this is an unethical method and long term will have detrimental effects on your site.

Media Precision, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  4. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to get some links back to your site. Find a way to get your site noticed by other people in your niche. Use forums, blogs, niche directories, etc. to promote your site. If you offer good information and people like your site you'll start to attract good quality related links and your site will rise in the search engines.

freelistfool, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  5. cormack2009

cormack2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are missing 8 years of Google dominance. Now META tags does not mean nithing.

Read the forum about SEO and you will find your way.

cormack2009, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  6. Arcticpulse

Arcticpulse Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes more then just Meta Tags and Descriptions to Rank. You're going to need to acquire quality links. Start by building great content that people would want to link to. You may also want to start by getting listed in the Yahoo and BOTW directories.

Arcticpulse, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  7. Shrimpsey

Shrimpsey Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replys! I have subbmitted to about 60 directories so far, so I guess just wait for the natural link building to take place. I would NEVER buy links or things like that, I want my stuff to be 100% legit and honest. Thanks for the info. I will start searching for site with the same niche and see if I can get some that way.

Shrimpsey, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  8. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO will take time so continue your process. :)

kutekutta, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  9. BeeArcade

BeeArcade Active Member

Best Answers:
    link building is the most important process of SEO but also dont do it fast build 10-20 links daily would be the best idea

Regards
    Ankit
    Free Games

BeeArcade, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  10. houcemtrigun

houcemtrigun Member

Best Answers:
    You must have all your Meta Tags optimized (title, h1, h2...) and then get relevent backlinks.
    Ah...one last ingredient: patience.
    So be patient:)

houcemtrigun, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  11. Zellach

Zellach Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also check out adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and put your website link in it to analyze your keywords and see how much traffic is going to them.

Zellach, Jun 13, 2009 IP