1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Give or Receive?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BadBoyzStudioZ, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do it for "your own inner happiness" then that is a selfish reason also.

You are not seeing the point. And claiming your opinion is "humble" is a sign that you may not be aware of what humility is. There are few "humble" human beings on the planet. The reason? They don't know that they are humble, nor do they make claim to same.

I was showing my wife a life lesson friend. You can take from it what you need, you can judge your situation against mine, or you can judge me and my actions against those that are of your opinion. You cannot in any way judge me however. There is nothing for you to judge me by, you do not know me.

Helping others to uplift your own misery, as you pointed out, is the only reason people help others. It is designed for you to get outside of yourself, to uplift your spiritual energy. That is by design. I didn't make this up my friend, it was established long before I was ever around ;)

I am not arguing with you, there is no reason for me to. You have your opinion and are entitled to say and believe whatever you wish.

Should this turn out to be a personal "put-down" session rather than people talking about their own personal experience, I will simply ignore my own thread. I have no time for put down sessions. Other things to do... Like enjoy my retirement!

BadBoyzStudioZ, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  2. manis

manis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you give something to other (whatever) in return you will get something, so never think of receiving just give and it is best way to live a life.

manis, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  3. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ,or perhaps is just a selfish need,not 2 say stupidity.Money are important but also useless at a certain point.
    However,i understood what you wanted to say and i agree.In life,you are paid the way you pay and since i see [on DP and not only ] a lot of people who want to be rich at all costs,i wish them luck and i honestly hope their life will be indeed fantastic so they will never have the chance to understand what i`ve just said.

,best regards.

Alex210, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  4. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    This is fantastic! The depth of thought here is wonderful.

Money is not evil, it is a means to an end. If we hate money, then money will hate us back by becoming scarce. Worshiping money gives it the power, and it owns us, not the other way around. Giving is gratitude. How it effects us is by allowing us to be grateful. What I was showing my wife was that God was serious about tithing and that He returns the blessing. How it is returned is of no importance, nor is it expected. It is just a fact of the supernatural power of giving.

I am human, so I have expectations. People talk of unconditional love, but that is a myth. It exists because all myths are based on some thread of fact, but the majority of human beings have never experienced anything without conditions attached.

Giving is a chance to practice that. At first, we brag about it to others. That's natural and our ego requires it for justification that we are somehow good people. After a little more practice we can do it without reservation.

When I give a homeless man on the street a dollar it is none of my business what he spends it on. Some people I know attach the condition that he should not spend it on booze, as most are apt to do. I say that if this is his medicine, the thing that he needs to make it that day, then who am I to judge? Just do the work and God will handle the rest.

And whether the mention of God bothers you or not, or whether you are a believer or an agnostic/atheist, this has no bearing on the nature of the Law of Gratitude. It operates in spite of our beliefs.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  5. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sincerely sorry for hurting you...believe me, I never intended to... :(

I was trying to put across my very own personal thoughts and belief..perhaps the words or the language was not proper or may be you did not concur with the same.
    It is not necessary to always agree....to keep the discussion going.
    If you find my writing intrusive and not to your liking, I will not post in this thread..simply because I do not want you to stop sharing your wonderful thoughts and experiences for me and other members to relish.

God bless....

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  6. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounded a little personal, that's true enough. But I am not mad at you or anything. I thought you did a wonderful job expressing yourself and I just wanted to let you know that I was more interested in your interpretation of yourself than your interpretation of me.

But, I surely don't want you to leave. You had something to say, still do. And I want to hear it. I just was hoping that this would stay introspective rather than argumentative.

This stuff I am discussing is not theory for me. This is my lifestyle. When I share, I am talking about my experience, not making any judgment on another. At times I may reference anonymous or hypothetical things that people do as a reference point, or I maY include a part of what you say to shore up an opinion that I shared. It's never personal though.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was wrong to assume anything about you from a text based conversation... And please; Do stay around.:D

RightMan likes this.
  7. alphawolf999

alphawolf999 Peon

Best Answers:
    In business and all things of value in life, you must give before you receive.

This is, however a very general and rhetorical question.

alphawolf999, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  8. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Rhetoric is the art of using language as a means to persuade. Along with grammar and logic or dialectic, rhetoric is one of the three ancient arts of discourse. From ancient Greece to the late 19th Century, it was a central part of Western education, filling the need to train public speakers and writers to move audiences to action with arguments.[1] The very act of defining has itself been a central part of rhetoric, appearing among Aristotle's Topics.[2] The word is derived from the Greek ῥητορικός (rhētorikós), "oratorical",[3] from ῥήτωρ (rhḗtōr), "public speaker",[4] related to ῥημα (rhêma), "that which is said or spoken, word, saying",[5] and ultimately derived from the verb ἐρῶ (erô), "to speak, say".[6] In its broadest sense, rhetoric concerns human discourse.[7][8

Are you positive that word applies?

It may be "common sense" or "general". But I really don't think so. I don't believe the practice is common and I doubt that any description I have put forth so far qualifies as general.

People more often want to know what is in it for them rather than being grateful for what they receive naturally. Human nature is also dissatisfied on a continuum, that is why we accomplish so much in history and science.

Yet, I think the wealthiest of all give away a lot more than they receive. To the "common" man that is not so common of a practice.

Personally, I am not trying to persuade. So the statement that my thread is "rhetoric" could be construed as insulting. However, I am not insulted. :)

9. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    OK... I give. Why? Simple. I get back more than I give. Always. Right now I am broke as hell, but if I wanted money I would go give some away. Unfortunately, I have none and I am 90k in debt. Now I need someone to GIVE ME SOMETHING! Ahhhhhhhhhh Only works if you believe. That is the deal.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Sep 18, 2009 IP