1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 Mini Arcade Sites Powered by WordPress

Discussion in 'Sites' started by fish, Jun 6, 2009.

I'm selling the following two mini arcade sites, both powered by WordPress. I've had both of these for nearly a year, and haven't done much with them after the initial development. Therefore, neither get much traffic. I also never tried to monetize them, so no revenue either. The domains are coming up for renewal soon, and I will let them expire if noone wants these. This is why the price is so cheap. Both sites have the All in One SEO Pack plugin installed and configured. Please make offers for the sites separately.

The Sites
    Free Defense Games - Currently has 4 "defense" games. It uses a slightly modified version of the RS10 theme, which makes it look almost like a "normal" arcade, although everything is powered by a WordPress backend. Excellent keyword .com domain is registered at DomainSite, and expires in about 4 days from the time of this posting (June 10, 2009).

Pong Arcade - Currently has 3 pong-related games. Uses a modified version of the Clean Minimal theme. Great keyword domain registered at DomainSite expires in about 2 weeks (June 20, 2009).

Awstats screenshots are available on request, but like I said above, the traffic really isn't worth mentioning. Both sites average about 5-20 uniques per day.

Auction Info
    Bidding starts at: $10 each (bid separately)
    Min Increment: $5
    BIN: $50 each (or $90 for both)

Auction will end 24 hours after the first bid. Please post ALL offers in the thread to keep everything fair and transparent for everyone. Don't PM me with offers.

There is NO RESERVE. I don't care if they sell for $10 each, so if you're the only bidder after 24 hours, they're yours at that price.

Payment Info
    Payment is accepted through PayPal. If a winning bidder does not pay within 24 hours, I reserve the right to sell to someone else, unless prior arrangements have been made. Please don't waste my time.

I can renew the domain(s) prior to pushing for at an extra cost of DomainSite's .com renewal price (which I believe is $7.99). They have a free push system.

Other Info
    If you need help moving the site, I can move it at no additional charge (regardless of final selling price). Otherwise either cPanel access or a backup will be provided.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Let the bidding begin!

fish, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  2. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    where did you get the games from?

drewtoby, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  3. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $10 bid for each mini arcade

SeoVeteran33, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  4. fish

fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Dglassman26: Thanks for your bid. Unfortunately the Free Defense Games domain expired today. If you win the auction, I'll have to ask for an additional $7.99 on top of your winning bid to renew the domain (if it's still possible).

fish, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  5. Absilon

Absilon Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $15 each from me.

Absilon, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  6. Phoenix Network

Phoenix Network Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So..If I was to bid on Free Defense Games I am bidding on a site that you don't actually own any more, that you don't know if you can even get it back and I would have to pay the winning bid and $7.99 to find out? And for the $50 you not even prepared to throw in the renewal? ..considering its worth nothing if you don't sell it.

Just slightly confused.

Phoenix Network, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  7. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I retract my bid on freedefensegames then.

$20 for pongarcade

SeoVeteran33, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  8. fish

fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Auction is now over. PM's are being sent to the respective winners.

Okay, let's get this straight. If I couldn't renew it, I wouldn't keep the money. I'd refund it, for the domain renewal plus the site itself. Why would I keep someone's money for something I could not deliver? And for the record, the name is still in my account and I am able to renew it.

fish, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  9. Phoenix Network

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My appologies, I did not mean to seem arsey. I would have bid on FDG but I have not been online to check. I was genuinely interested. Oh well.

Thanks.

Phoenix Network, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  10. fish

fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No worries...I can understand the confusion. Just didn't want anyone to think I'd actually take someone's money if I couldn't renew the domain.

fish, Jun 12, 2009 IP
    Phoenix Network likes this.
  11. Phoenix Network

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you know I never assumed you would take the money, I was just thinking of the time wasted as I actually liked the site. If the sale falls through I will snap it up.

~PN

Phoenix Network, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  12. fish

fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay, I'll be sure to let you know if it falls through. Going to give the winning bidder (Absilon) 24 hours though as I mentioned in the original post.

And just an update: received the payment from Dglassman26 for Pong Arcade, and pushed the domain. Site transfer in progress.

I also went ahead and renewed the Free Defense Games domain for another year with no issues. It actually cost $8.88 but I'll eat the 89 cent difference since I didn't bother to check what the actual renewal price was beforehand.

fish, Jun 12, 2009 IP